Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 18 March 2014
I liked this book, the machinations of government etc.. typical Le Carre in my mind, solid will await his next
on 9 June 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Le Carre at his best.. plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader guessing
on 7 May 2013
Every time I finish a le Carre I have exactly the same problem, what on earth to read next?
This time the problem is exacerbated because A Delicate Truth is one of his best which means it is significant indeed.
All that we have come to expect from the master is here. The deft plotting, the highly literate prose and the increasingly dark humour. But what lifts it into the top echelon of his work is that it's a book that really makes you sweat and care about the outcome.
No doubt the master will, with his customary modesty, simply pass it off as an entertainment but it is much, much more than that and those of us that have an ounce of savvy about our political masters will need little persuading that episodes like this are all too feasible given the way our democracy has been twisted. After all, where is the Chilcot report into Iraq?
Le Carre is a national treasure and we are so lucky to have him and for a man in his eighth decade to be producing work of this quality is a complete inspiration. Long may he continue!
on 28 November 2015
I don't like his books as much as I used to, but this was OK, if you enjoy big government conspiracy theories
on 28 April 2014
Le Carre has written in the style of Tinker Taylor, will recommend this book to anyone that likes a good read
on 10 May 2013
I have read all of le Carre's works and was eagerly awaiting the arrival on my Kindle of his latest offering. The reviews were glowing but, for me, the book is a tremendous let-down. Others have detailed the story-line so I won 't bore you with repetition. I dislike the constant ping-pong dialogue - which I suppose is meant to sweep you along with the jolly cleverness of these FO/mandarin types. Groan. Hard to stomach for more than a few pages let alone chapter after tedious chapter. Couldn't care less about Toby (aka Tobe) or his Minister and the ridiculous behind-the-scenes shennanigans which everyone (except our Tobe) knows about anyway. The opening drama was just as bad - nonsense and so bad I laughed. If I had written such tosh and sent it to a publisher I would expect a rejection slip by return. This story is not even a curate's egg.
on 30 May 2013
My husband is really enjoying this book as he does all of le Carre's works. Well worth reading and enjoying.
on 14 September 2015
I do like a Le Carre novel, and this one was a cracker...it was well worth the effort! Highly recommended.
on 6 November 2014
le Carré at his best. Witty, absorbing and completely believable. It holds your interest to the last page.
on 27 April 2014
John Le Carre at his best. Intrigue all the way. The plot keeps you guessing all the way through the book.