4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but integrates nicely with Nike+ Sport Watch
Published on 3 Dec 2012 by Dem_Mar

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me
Published 8 months ago by David Farmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but integrates nicely with Nike+ Sport Watch, 3 Dec 2012
With a Nike Sport watch, this produces the most important bit of data... your heart rate on the screen. Users of the Sport Watch will know that you can customise the display... I prefer to put the heart rate on the large display, and if I'm feeling the pace, can now verify my heart rate as a reminder to slow down if I'm on a longer run. It pairs quickly with the watch, similar speed to the foot sensor, and quicker than the GPS. On the Nike+ website, you can see a graph with your pace, altitude and with the heart monitor, also the heart rate on the graph.
It's expensive, so value for money loses a star for me... I felt like I was paying through the nose. But after biting that particular bullet, I don't regret.

4.0 out of 5 stars Polar Nike+ Wearlink hear-rate monitor with Nike GPS sportwatch, 23 Dec 2013
I used to run with a Suunto T3 heart-rate monitor, then purchased a Nike Sportwatch GPS to also be able to determine my running pace. After running with two wrist-watch devices for about a year(!) I was happy to discover that there was a heart-rate belt which could work with Sportwatch. This gave me a relatively low-cost alternative (as opposed to purchasing a new HRM+GPS device).

The pairing of the chest-strap with the Sportwatch was trivial (as attested by others, so I'll not get into details here). Once done, syncing with the chest-strap happens 'immediately' and I always have to wait a little longer for the GPS to sync.

Personally, I've configured my Sportwatch to show the heart-rate as the main display, and have pace (min/km) as secondary smaller-text above this. The large numbers are easily visible. The Sportwatch's tap-to-illuminate feature makes the display light up brightly, even for trail-running in the dark Scandinavian autumn evenings.

Uploaded stats on the nikeplus.com website also now displays heart-rate, in addition to pace and elevation which it used to do prior to my pairing a HRM. Nice to be able to see the strong correlation between heart-rate, elevation (and inversely, pace :-)

There's also a heart-rate tab on the website which displays heart-rate only for the run duration, and amount of time between to specified rates, i.e., within a zone.

Having had earlier experience with my Suunto T3 from before, personally, I feel that the Suunto is a more 'serious' heart-rate monitor with more focus on zones, training-effect, etc. For people intending to pursue a more heart-rate focused exercise regime, this would probably be a better way to go.

However, for my simpler requirement of being able to see both pace and heart-rate during my runs, this definitely fulfills my requirements, and I would definitely recommend it for anyone with similar expectations.

--vick

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 Sep 2013
I have had no problems with this, however i must state that you need a Nike plus watch for this..

NOT AN IPHONE!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 28 Mar 2014
I had wildly varying readings for the first six or seven minutes of running (between 30 and 120 bpm). This was even after I dampened the strap with water. I concluded it was because I have dry skin. I read later that there is some gel you can get to put on the strap but this wasn't mentioned in the instructions. After seven minutes when I started perspiring it worked okay. However this was too unreliable for my use and I returned it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 18 Mar 2014
Does what it says on the tin easy to use and sync with the Nike watch very quickly no messing around!

5.0 out of 5 stars ticked the box, 27 Feb 2014
Fitted straight away and synced with the watch no problem. I've worn it about 6 weeks with 25 runs at an average of 7kms and not a bit of discomfort felt so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the packet, 20 Nov 2013
I use it with my Nike+ sports watch, connects up swiftly and works well on the stats dashboard. Excellent quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Aug 2014
Simon Lawrence (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
Simple to use and worked straight away linking up well with the Nike+ watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 30 Nov 2014
Easy to use and syncs well with Nike GPS Sportwatch no probs

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 28 Oct 2014
i use it to run and it feels ok and does what it means

Polar Wearlink Nike+ TR ST