4.0 out of 5 stars Blu ray review - no spoilers!
This film does deliver what it claims to - a fun, action-packed, light-hearted fantasy adventure. The cast are excellent, the music and visuals equally so. The fight scenes are more about style than martial arts, but they still manage to deliver satisfying thrills, and I found the CGI perfectly okay. There are fewer demons than I expected, but since they are worthy...
Published on 6 May 2011 by Chinatown Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful film with perplexing footage cuts.
After stumbling upon a link while reading up on another piece of asian cinema on imdb, I spoke to a friend who knew a little about the genre who had an asian copy of the film and he convinced me to borrow it and give it a go.

I did, and found it to be a very well acted, scripted, and choreographed film with a surprisingly warm and funny tone. I was very...
Published on 31 May 2011 by tetrisforkicks

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best fantasy films, 20 Jan 2013
One of the best fantasy films in the last years, including Hollywood! Wonderful CGI, which are actually playing a role in the story, not just adorning it every time the director doesn't know what to do next. The story is a bit complicated, but every time I watch the film, I am finding new amazing things. Actors, camera and musicscore are just great, everything plays together. A must see for every fan of mischievous sorcerers, lazy taoist monks and beautiful ladies in distress - or not?

4.0 out of 5 stars A good film, 7 Dec 2012
R. Browett (London) - See all my reviews
A good film to watch and the story isn,t too bad. It contains the usual martial art effects but this does not spoil the fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars relax and enjoy., 9 Aug 2012
The epicness of this movie, it's fun, cool and it won't let you down. The movie progresses in both time and era the longer you watch it, that way this movie is far from boring as the constant changes make the universe in this movie very alternative.

5 star from me, enjoyed everything this movie has to offer.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like being surprised ..., 5 Aug 2012
As an avid follower of Japanese and Korean fare, i was still surprised by this gem of a movie. Killing demons is common fare to storylines from this region, but while most stay in a medieval setting, this story brings the ancient pratagonists into our age. A setting as surprising to the bemused Taoist Gods, demon slayers and demons, as it is amusing for the audience. Combined with a light touch, and a real sense of humour, the whole is a very entertaining and recommended two hours.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little over hyped for my taste, 4 Jun 2012
I read some of the reviews before buying this title and I have to say when I opened the package and read the case I was mildly excited, looking forward to a viewing especially after reading how much of a Blockbuster hit this was in Korea...I have to say if I'd been a little more careful when choosing I would've left this on the shelf I have no one else to blame but myself as it's not what I was expecting. The story although seemed to be set in folklore & legend I found it too silly and the comedy was a little juvenile for my appreciation...I must be turning into the Grinch.You may have guessed but I'm not a great fan of this movie...I thought some of the animation was O.T.T but for the budget it was amazing...The director did a wonderful job for very little outlay....Unless you are an avid fan of Korean humour I would stay away from this one...

5.0 out of 5 stars Woooooooooochi!, 29 May 2012
What an amazing film this is. I loved it. Action packed with some great funny moments and Woochi is just the best wizard ever!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Joon Woochi - The Taoist Master (Korean Title), 26 Jan 2012
Mr. R. D. S. Domagas (WALES UK) - See all my reviews
Amazing Film! I love the animation effects and its full of action and magic!

The story is superb and the main lead is so handsome! (Kang Dong Won)

5 STAR MOVIE! One of the best Korean films ive seen!

A MUST BUY!

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than i thought it would be!, 28 Sep 2011
Unlikely to be classed as an amazing film, but highly enjoyable and watchable on a friday night! Plot was interesting, effects were good and the class were likeable.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like Korean style films then you will like this!, 14 Dec 2012
I saw the trailer a few times and in the end after watching Detective Dee I relented and bought it. The film itself is part wushu, rip off matrix (towards the climax), typically slapstick and in my opinion very well put together. I was not very well and yet still enjoyed this film. Its fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars a fun filled film, 1 Jun 2011
Loved Woochi the demon slayer. Woochi was full of wit humor and the cgi was excellent. my only gripe is the speed of the editing in some of the scenes but overall a very enjoyable film to watch.

ARRAY(0xaa82eb88)