5.0 out of 5 stars A sequel that doesn't disappoint, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Fearless (Reckless) (Paperback)
Seriously, when you are tasked with reading 50 teen books for a research project and one of the first is just awesomely brilliant, wouldn't you just go and read the sequel straight off? Not me. Like the kid who still has Christmas chocolates left at Easter, I saved the best til last. First, I cringed through a whole host of characters with no redeeming features, writing styles whose novel gimmicks palled after half a dozen chapters and "Classics" that broke every writing rule in the book.
Of course there were some absolute corkers as well and I so appreciate meeting a whole host of talented authors, but when I finally allowed the luxury of spending more time in Jacob's incredible world, Cornelia didn't disappoint.

There are plenty of reviews applauding her awesome storytelling abilities, stunning settings and credible characters, but I know I have found a true soul sister in the way she sees the world through a generous nature, meeting every challenge with a backbone of steel. I envy Cornelia the next couple of years she will spend with such playmates - I really hope Nerron doesn't desert her - he is such a worthy opponent for Jacob. I am content to wait until her playtime is over and I get to join Jacob, Fox and the guys again. One thing's for sure - I doubt I will have read another 50 books of this calibre by then.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping page turner!, 21 Nov. 2013
I absolutely loved the first book in this series and couldn't wait to read this one. It didn't disapoint as I could not put it down once I started, the story is a mix of fairy tale and modern reality with Jacob Reckless as the heroic adventurer. There is of course an element of love to the story with Fox, Jacob's companion who never leaves his side for very long, but there is also an element of humour throughout. The ending was certainly a surprise but also it adds another layer of mystery to the Mirrorworld, I look forward to the next thrilling instalment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 2 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Fearless (Reckless) (Paperback)
This is a sequel from Funke's previous novel 'Reckless'. The story is just as vibrant and bursting with adventure and magic as it's prequel. Funke continues Jacob Reckless' story on, deeper into the mysterious and magical Mirrorworld, but with the additional threat of a dark curse ticking away towards Jacob's death. With new treasures to find and new emotions clouding the hero's thoughts, this journey becomes perilous and exciting.
This book really does have everything: adventure; mystery; crime; romance; action; humour. Much like the first book, it has something to appeal to everyone. (Although if you have not yet read Reckless, I recommend you try it first, as the plot lines may confuse you slightly otherwise. Although it does not make a large overall difference.)
I would recommend this book to anyone who has enjoyed Cornelia Funke's other works (including the Inkheart Trilogy, Dragon Rider, The Thief Lord etc), but also to any fans of Harry Potter, Trudi Canavan or just for fans of magic, adventure and mystery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps up the tension, 28 Mar. 2013
S. B. Straubhaar (austin, texas, usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fearless (Reckless) (Paperback)
Even better than vol. 1. This time it is Jacob who has "death in his luggage," and he and the trusty Fox must quest though Mirrorworld's France (Lotharaine) and England (Albion), meeting and besting any number of enemies and perils. (I do wonder how she'll maintain this breathless pace through five volumes.) More romantic suspense this time -- but no time for happy bonding, of course! A new rival, and a sexy new villain. And the irrepressible Valiant is back. Looking forward to the Mirrorworld App!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good!, 29 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Fearless (Reckless) (Paperback)
I was so excited when I heard that Fearless had arrived, as after reading Reckless I couldn't wait to keep reading about Mirrorworld! It is so easy to immerse yourself in the world that Cornelia has created, and each character is brought to life in an amazing way. Jacob Reckless is the perfect hero for the series, and to hear more about Fox in this book was also very intriguing! Can't wait for the third book now! This series is a must-read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is there anymore????, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Fearless (Mirrorworld Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
amazing, was gripped from page one. This is the second book and you really start to feel for the characters, I think the story line is a lot more than the first book and I really hope that there will be a third

5.0 out of 5 stars thrilling, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Fearless (Mirrorworld Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Great read, interesting story. Kept teenager engaged for a few hours. Will be picking up further books by this author in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book of the Year!, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Fearless (Mirrorworld Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Cornelia has created yet another world for us to discover, only this one is anything but animated. The mysterious, gothic feel seduces our imagination and calls to us even louder than the Inkworld.
Can't wait until Book 3!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fearless, 1 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Fearless (Mirrorworld Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
🐬Perfect for fans of inkheart, this amazing sequel to reckless will catch you in a web of mystery and cunning. Anyone over the age of eight years will love this book!

Only him who cannot see
Himself can open the mirror.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant writer., 15 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Reckless 02. Fearless (Paperback)
Cornelia Funke is one of my favourite writers. This was another great piece, but I think I very slightly preferred the first one, maybe because it was new and exciting. I look forward to more!

Fearless (Mirrorworld Book 2)