5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly good
I should say up front that I haven't read the Mortal Instruments Books (although I have read other books by the same author) so I am judging the film as a film alone, not in comparison to the book.

I didn't really know what to expect, although I had heard some pretty sharp criticism of Jamie Campbell Bower's acting beforehand. As it happened, I love the...
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars If you have read the books.. you will be annoyed. If you haven't...it won't make sense.
It was a good film, not sure anyone who hasn't read the book would make heads nor tail of it. However the individuals who had read the book would be thoroughly pissed off.

Large gaps in the film, missing whole back stories and complete scenes altogether. Combining scenes where possible to make the film shorter, and then just adding lies to make it more...
Published 9 months ago by Rachel92

‹ Previous | 116 17 1853 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars mortal instruments ., 1 Mar. 2014
One of the best films I've seen for along time. Can be a bit heavy for some younger viewers. Well worth watching. Would easily watch it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Film or book, enjoy., 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I had been reading the series and was very much looking forward to seeing the film. I thought it was brilliant and hope that they make the sequels. I enjoyed the characters and their story lines and as I have read ahead there is a lot more excitement to come. Hope you give the film and book series a go. Enjoy. Luv, Bev :0).

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome movie, 28 Feb. 2014
Bought the DVD, hoping that would encourage them to continue filming. loved Simon in it partly due to knowing the actor from misfits and I love the way he portrays characters :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mortal Instruments is cool, 27 Feb. 2014
Though it turned up a day late, and I sent an email asking why, the response was immediate, the reason(s) for possibly why clearly explained, and was refunded for the inconvenience.
Besides a good quality customer service, and speedy restitution, the DVD was as is was described. I love this film, as it has the perfect mixture of comedy, romance and supernatural action, with characters you can identify with, portrayed by an excellent cast.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the books., 26 Feb. 2014
Mrs. Julie A. Wallen (England) - See all my reviews
I've read the books, which I really enjoyed. And this film was just as enjoyable. Plus anything with Aidan Turner in it is worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter LOVES it., 26 Feb. 2014
Fabulous movie (as per my daughter) . She loved it and has watched it upteen times since she got it 2 weeks ago. Great book series too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, 26 Feb. 2014
Good movie nothing wrong with it. But I advise anyone first to see the movie before reading the book. Because when you read the book first the movie is compared to the book a bit disappointing (feels too much like a summary).

5.0 out of 5 stars A great film!, 25 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
A great film, action, hint of romance and a good mixture of werewolves, vampires, etc, etc. It is fairly true to the book although there were a couple of changes which I thought were needless, however, I'm looking forward to the next film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roll on the sequel, 25 Feb. 2014
Firstly, I am not a teenager, i am a grown woman, married and fast approaching middle age. I am a sci fi fan but not usually the teen stuff. However I think this film and the books are more adult in tone. It does touch on some rather uncomfortable subjects and it's not trying to be wholesome and moral like other YA films and novels. It also has some great humour, very British in tone which may be why it suffered at the box office, it's not your usual all American teen franchise.

I think the cast are perfect and it is refreshing not to see a big hunk of meat with a pretty face playing the male lead. Jamie Campbell bower is the intelligent teens hotty, just the right Side of bad boy but naughty enough to be interesting and lily Collins just has star written all over her.

I hope they do make the sequel as the film industry need to braver and make moe edgy versions within this genre.
Roll on the city of ashes!

5.0 out of 5 stars so good!, 25 Feb. 2014
If you loved twilight you'll love this. Phil Collins daughter is very good too!! Taking the whole vampire thing to the next level. Can't wait for the next one!!

‹ Previous | 116 17 1853 | Next ›

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [Blu-ray]
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [Blu-ray] by Harald Zwart (Blu-ray - 2014)