5.0 out of 5 stars City of bones
I enjoyed this film when it was out at the cinemas, the books are brilliant. I cant wait for the dvd to come out, but why wait til january, it should be released before christmas. Once again, why is another series being compared to twilight, its nothing like twilight, I am a huge twilight fan, read the books several times, watched all the dvds loads of times too, but...
Published 10 months ago by Anon

2.0 out of 5 stars boring, predictable
I was bored, the acting goes from medioca to terrible. Definatly aimed at teenage girls, everyone loves me, I'm so special. if you liked the second twilight you will love this!
Published 1 month ago by lola

‹ Previous | 1 2 325 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Mortal Instruments, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this film. I'm quite irritated with people critiquing the film and the differences I love the film. I went to see it 5 times for crying out loud!
It's full of action, humour, the production company got the right effect for this film it has everything in it that you would experience in real life - if this were to happen in real life - but it's got everything and a romance that doesn't centre the story, the girl (Clary) is the main focus and her main focus is on finding her mom! It's nothing like Twilight, the vamps aren't even the same. It's brilliant, my friend (boy) really wasn't too excited about this, but he came with me and when we left he was rambling on about it. Everyone I know who has seen it cannot wait for the next one! The books are just as good - re-read the series multiple times!
I cannot wait to get this on DVD even if it doesn't come out till January...I hope it's worth the wait! (I know it will be)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly excellent, 23 July 2014
This review is from: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed this movie and hope that it was successful enough to spawn some sequels. Despite being an avid SF/Fantasy reader and watcher, I had never heard of this series before - now I'm going to check out the books also.

I guess its probably aimed at the YA audience, and will be compared to other popular YA material. But I would describe it more as a film in a similar genre to the Underworld movies - its also painted on a city-based, gothic canvas - so really should not be compared directly to other YA hits such as Twilight or Hunger Games.

It has a good pace and a good selection of characters. If the series continues - it will be good to get a deeper picture of both the primary characters and the supporting ones which would really help it to fulfill its potential. The film is definitely multi-generational and would appeal to older viewers (such as myself!) if they enjoy paranormal fantasy adventures.

2.0 out of 5 stars boring, predictable, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Mortal Instruments (DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars poor, 3 May 2014
this seemed to be a mix of a few other similar type films bonded together. one to watch no more than once to be honest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 12 Mar 2014
I loved the books so I couldn't wait to watch this again on DVD this time! It wasn't exactly how I wanted it to be but I'm glad they did it :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Mortal Instruments (DVD)
I didn't get a chance to see this film when it came out in the cinema so I decided to read the book. The film is a good interpretation of the book. I would suggest to read the book first.

I would recommend this film.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [DVD] (DVD)
I have watched this film more than once since getting the DVD and still love it. It is different from the book but that in no way detracts from it. A firm favourite in my house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impossible love, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [DVD] (DVD)
Here we have yet another tale of impossible love in an unexpected world of hunting demons and monsters. Both Lily and Jamie give really credible performances as the 2 shadow hunters thrown together. Love the quips and oddball humour. Love the fight scenes. Love the story!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Movie, 8 Mar 2014
LE FISH "Lyn Fish" (Bridgnorth, UK) - See all my reviews
I rarely write reviews but this film, definitely worth watching, a slightly different twist on the vampire werewolf thing but I really enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant adaptation!, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [DVD] (DVD)
This is a brilliant adaptation to a brilliant book!
It's fast paced, witty and beautiful and really does Clare's books justice. The film is very different to the books, but I don't think that this makes it worse or bad. It makes it much better!
The action scenes are the best and not to mention the rather fantastic soundtrack to this film which works so well with the gothic themes running throughout! The cast are fabulous and really suit the characters presented, and best of all take me back to when I first read the books and didn't know so much about them. There's so much more to unveil and understand like there was back in book one, and I really hope the sequel pulls through so we get a chance to explore this world so much more!
A fan of fantasy, mystery and a side-plot of romance? Well look right here, this is the film for you.. of course then I'd have to say read the books because man! Those things are addictive!

‹ Previous | 1 2 325 | Next ›

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [DVD]
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [DVD] by Harald Zwart (DVD - 2014)
5.00