5.0 out of 5 stars Good family entertainment!
Thoroughly enjoyed by 9 year old son, 6 year old daughter and myself to pass away a rainy Easter holiday afternoon.
Published 8 months ago by Ginny

2.0 out of 5 stars Even my children were bored!
Saw this at the cinema in 2D. Considering the talent involved, i found this film very very boring! Little to no laughs. Not sure if it was a projection fault, but the lip sync was pretty shoddy! Not all the time, but some characters lips just didn't match their voices. I wanted to like it... but when i asked my 4 year old twins if they liked it, they both said No! Say's...
Published 10 months ago by Fraught

‹ Previous | 14 5 610 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great kids movie but as an adult I do enjoy ..., 13 Sep 2014
Another great kids movie but as an adult I do enjoy watching this type of film as it's good old fashioned entertainment. Good pricing and delivery service. A good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Justin the great!, 28 Sep 2014
My daughter who hates sitting still for more than 10 minutes was engrossed. Not too perilous so well suited to a young audience, Great film!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 26 Sep 2014
An OK DVD but lacking that "edge" that some full length animations have. Never-the-less it is one to keep and watch over again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Underwhelming attempt to replicate the success of Shrek, 14 Sep 2013
Sophia (London, England) - See all my reviews
This weekend, I took my three year old brother to see Justin and the Knights of Valour at the cinema. As I am speaking this aloud to myself, my brother is sighing as if he is already a teenage boy, too cool for anything, and says, seriously "No, I am three AND A HALF. Not three." 6 months is very significant, of course, when you're a kid. Anyway, so we sat through the incredibly long advert time, and devoured our Ben & Jerry's - ice-cream above popcorn, any day - anticipating this great big adventure on the screen.

Now, don't get me wrong, the Knights of Valour had its good points - I'd be lying if I say I didn't snort with laughter at many of the gags -but it was pretty underwhelming. Clearly made with the intention of becoming the next Shrek (which, by the way, it doesn't even compare to, Shrek is awesome, fact), it is the unconventional hero going on a quest, there's a damsel in distress, the bad guys get their butts kicked, blah blah blah. In fact, more than one of the voice actors from Shrek feature in this film, playing rather similar characters to their Far Far Away alter egos - Think Antonio Banderas as yet another `sexy', full of himself character (though this time, no were near as cute and therefore able to get away with it as Puss In Boots), and Rupert Everett as a stereotypically gay character, obsessed with his looks and clothes. But, unlike Shrek, Justin & The Knights of Valour lacks originality, in both plot and character. Face it, IT'S ALL BEEN DONE BEFORE. The medieval type kingdom, the undervalued protagonist, the princess, it cannot be remedied by lame attempts at modernisation - I think I preferred the old fashioned, pathetic princesses, to the self-absorbed, stuck up little teenage girl presented here.

Nevertheless, not all hope is lost! There may be Lara, the spoiled brat that Justin is hopelessly in love with throughout the film, but there is also Talia (voiced by the fantastic Saoirse Ronan), the feisty heroine of the story. Really, she deserves her own film, because she is a truly bloody brilliant character. Talia is immediately brassy, and doesn't take rubbish from anyone. She is the image of the working class girl, working behind the bar at a pub, dealing with sleazes all day every day. She is also the image of a girl to aspire to be, someone young girls should look at and say "I want to be like her" instead of a spineless princess who spends her days in pink ball gowns, brushing her golden locks, and awaiting a man to whisk her away on a white horse. Talia has balls, and is in no way dependant on anyone. In fact, when men try to swoop in to defend her, she gives them sass for it. She fights as well as any of the male characters, and has no training whatsoever, apart from "having five brothers." Fight the patriarchy girl, fight it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great animation for familly viewing, 4 Sep 2014
Mr. T. Moss "Nano" (uk) - See all my reviews
another decent animation film and we all enjoyed watching it over the holidays on one of the many rainy afternoons

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the kids, 24 Oct 2014
Seven year old loved it. Bit of a mediocre story, despite the sparkling caste, but otherwise satisfactory.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as funny as we thought it would be, 30 Aug 2014
Not as funny as we thought it would be,an okay for a rainy day type of film for young children to watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as we were just given a 3d tv im ..., 30 Sep 2014
This review is from: Justin and the Knights of Valour (Blu-ray 3D) (Blu-ray)
Bought as we were just given a 3d tv im hooked now 😂
What more can i say the film comes alive

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't keep us interested., 16 Dec 2014
My Daughters and I thought it was OK in parts, but we didn't get to the end as we all got bored.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Delivery, 28 Aug 2014
Brought it for the kids they seem to enjoy but they haven't watched so many times

‹ Previous | 14 5 610 | Next ›

Justin and the Knights of Valour (Blu-ray 3D)
Justin and the Knights of Valour (Blu-ray 3D) by Manuel Sicilia (Blu-ray - 2014)