4.0 out of 5 stars Really quite good
I'd seen so many trailers of this movie, all of my friends had recommend this one was a good movie to go and see at the cinema. I actually missed the chance to go, but from buying it one afternoon, I can say, I was actually very impressed. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, all, I will say is four very clever magicians and a twist, that you will not be expecting.
Published 9 months ago by Tamara2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit boring
An ok film. Watchable but confusing and predictable.
Published 2 months ago by Bongo,Herts

4.0 out of 5 stars Really quite good, 17 Dec 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars magical mystery show, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Now You See Me [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I went into this knowing very little about it, and i feel that this is the best way to experience the film so there will be no detail about the plot in this review.
The picture quality in Blu-ray is as usual very good, and really adds to the spectacle of the film considering the locations and events that take place, the performances by a very good cast are uniformly excellent, with Mark Ruffalo acting as the centrepoint to a good ensemble with every actor having at least one moment to shine.
If you enjoy whodunnit/mystery films then you will love the chance to work out the underlying story here, i enjoyed this film a great deal.
The extras are interesting and enlightening too which adds to the overall package to make this a very satisfactory way to spend the evening

5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent and entertaining, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Now You See Me [DVD] (DVD)
An unusual, entertaining and thought provoking film. It's the story of four magicians, each with unique talents, who are summoned to a mysterious meeting before eventually seeming to rob a bank during their show. They are pursued by the FBI and a man who seeks to uncover and expose them. But what is real and what is illusion?
An intelligent and engaging film with a good cast. If you enjoy a film that makes you think, this is definitely worth a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now You Should See It..., 27 July 2013
G. Marshall "MJeeSe" (Dorset , UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now You See Me [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Well where to start with this very original and thought provoking tale of deception and intrigue..

The film carries it's self very well from start to finish, we see 4 street magicians make their way to the top of their profession after they are recruited by a mystery person, they then perform in a Series of large stage shows in which they appear to pull off amazing heists and spread the wealth among their audience. My only disappointment with the story line was that we skip a year from their recruitment and go straight into the shows, there could have been a lot more depth in their progression and training together that we just don't see.
However the story line is intriguing and keeps you gripped right to the very end.

The acting itself is wonderful from the likes of Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Isla Fisher, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine, they play their parts very well and the characters are very believable.

I will myself be buying a copy when it is released for my collection and I am sure I will watch it many times, although some things could be improved and there could be more depth in parts of the story line and the characters this is a fantastic watch and I am surprised anyone was didn't enjoy it.

Now You Buy It.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old school thriller, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: Now You See Me [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
A must watch, unpredictable and brilliant twists . One of my favorite movies , I will recommend this to anyone who wants to watch a movie done in classic thrillers keeps you guessing till the every end

4.0 out of 5 stars a good watch with some likeable celebs, 19 July 2014
enthralling... entertaining, a good watch with some likeable celebs... well worth watching..

Whilst unbelievable in places, it has good scenes and an unusual plot, making it enjoyable all rounder..

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific - slick and intelligent, 14 Sep 2014
K. Pipkin "Fox7" (Valencia, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now You See Me [DVD] (DVD)
Four street magicians, talented but struggling, are brought together by an unknown mentor from the mysterious and ancient "Eye" and transformed into The Four Horsemen, a polished and professional show that leaves the audience.... well, you will have to watch it to find out!
Terrific movie, more twists and turns than a corkscrew, rattles along at a heck of a pace, slick and smart, great to look at, with excellent performances, particularly from Jesse Eisenberg and the always reliable Mark Ruffalo. If you like your films slick, intelligent and thoughtful, this is one for you. Can't wait for the promised second instalment.
The best film I've seen in years.

4.0 out of 5 stars "..HIGHLY ENJOYABLE..", 28 Oct 2013
S. Drury "SDX-800" (U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now You See Me [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This movie maybe a bit outlandish and over the top but that's what makes it brilliant, original and so much fun to watch, I cant believe the stupidity of people and their 1 star ratings for this, some people take this film way to serious obviously, in general this is a thriller but mixed fantasy at the same time, its about magic and at the end of the day it is magic, and as for the ending it fits right in perfect really, the story is great fun all the way through with a brilliant cast to pull it off, great effects, hip soundtrack and score, you know what your getting yourself into watching this, its purely fantasy and its loads of fun like I said, it has to be the best movie involving magic and illusion to come along in a while, definitely don't be put off and check it out, great Blu-ray picture quality and plenty of extras!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely love this movie and can't stop watching it, 6 Sep 2014
I absolutely love this movie and can't stop watching it! Every time I watch I see something new that leads to the many twists and turns at the end. The casting is superb - the Caine and Freeman encounters especially deserve merit - and the acting is superb throughout (it is unfair to pick out any individuals) . OK, the story and the magic is all a little bit far-fetched at times and a little contrived, but for a gripping and pacey thriller that tells a great story, Now You See Me is first class! I'd give it 6 stars if I could!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars dialogue and plot crack along nicely. The characters are fairly entertaining and the humour ..., 22 July 2014
Glitzy and stylish, dialogue and plot crack along nicely. The characters are fairly entertaining and the humour is well judged. However the big reveal (this being essentially a heist film) underwhelmed and some of the twists didn't seem to make very much sense (at least to me).
Overall a good looking and well polished film with some decent performances (as well as some horribly cliched ones) but shallow and, despite it's pretensions to the contrary, not something to think very hard about.

Now You See Me [Blu-ray]
Now You See Me [Blu-ray] by Louis Leterrier (Blu-ray - 2013)
7.00