5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED THIS MOVIE!!
I thought this movie was brilliant! From the acting, to the story, and the special effects were phenomenal! Some of the best effects I have seen from any recent films!
Published 9 months ago by Adam

3.0 out of 5 stars Twilight for witches
While not breaking the mould of the teenage romance/supernatural genre which hasn't really given us anything new since Buffy, I did like the change to witchcraft for this film. Also I really liked Aiden Ehrenreich in the lead role giving it more life than some of the wooden performances you get with these movies. If you are really into these types of movies than you will...
Published 23 days ago by LINGO

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED THIS MOVIE!!, 10 July 2013
I didn't think it was anything like Twilight or The Hunger Games (Both films I like) and shouldn't be compared to them just because of the genre and the age group it is aimed at! Why film and TV about Witches (Or Casters) hasn't taken off I will never know, as personally they are my favourite supernatural beings!
From the opening scene to the very last, I was taken in and enjoyed every second of it! There has to be sequel WARNER BROS.!!!

Definitely one to watch!!

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable film, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Creatures [DVD] (DVD)
I haven't read the books but thought the storyline sounded interesting - a female castor (witch) would have to choose between the light or dark side when she turned 16, and along the way she falls in love with a mortal boy from her school. The witches theme reminded me of The Vampire Diaries at times, although TVD does it so much better. Overall I quite enjoyed the film, although it was a bit slow to begin with and I thought Ethan was a bit of drip so couldn't really understand Lena's fascination with him.

Emma Thomspon is particularly good in this and it was entertaining for a couple of hours. If there is a sequel I would watch it, as I was intrigued by the way the film ended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice surprise, 4 July 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Creatures [DVD] (DVD)
I was not sure what to expect, however i actually thoroughly enjoyed it and now want to read the set which is something.

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present to collect the set, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Beautiful Creatures [DVD] (DVD)
A great movie so bought the books to follow the story to its conclusion. It made a great christmas present for my seventeen year old daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good adaptation, 16 Mar 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Creatures [DVD] (DVD)
I went to see it in cinema, after reading the book.
I loved it. Macon (Jeremy Irons) and Lena were incredible. I actually didn't like Lena much in the book, but in this she was more likeable and nice. Emmy Rossum was a superb choice for Ridley.
Ethan was disappointing. They turned his character into a clownish, dim looking, red-neck. Sometimes he could be funny, but I think they overdid it. Most of the humour was introduced through him e.g. him falling over and being idiotic.
It's faster paced than the novel (a good thing- in the middle it was soo boring. Just him going on about his relationship with Lena. Books 2-4 are better) and more streamlined. They combined the characters of Marian and Ama. It worked surprisingly well.
I enjoyed the special effects, atmosphere, and setting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 2 Jan 2014
Suzanne Moore "Suzanne" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Beautiful Creatures [DVD] (DVD)
An enjoyable supernatural story, witches not vampire for a change. A story about a young witch about to come of age which means she is to be claimed for the light or for the the dark.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice entertainmant, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Creatures [DVD] (DVD)
Haven't the time to read the book yet, I watched the movie first. It is okay for now, but now I can'z wait to start the first book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivered delivered fast, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Beautiful Creatures [DVD] (DVD)
I order this in the hope it would make it in time for my daughter's birthday party. It came within 24 hours of order. Film was good too

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for fans of the books!, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Beautiful Creatures [DVD] (DVD)
Awful. Despite the superb cast involved, this was so poor, I didn't want to watch it to the end. I'd imagine that if you hadn't read the books, it might be a fun romp. As it is, if you're a fan of the originals, don't bother. The characters are unrecognisable, the pace and atmosphere are entirely wrong and the storyline altered. Really disappointing, despite some fine actors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would defo use again, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Beautiful Creatures [DVD] (DVD)
Would defo buy again postage really good would recommend it to any one that watches a lot of films or dvds

ARRAY(0xb0835dec)

Beautiful Creatures [DVD]
Beautiful Creatures [DVD] by Richard LaGravenese (DVD - 2013)
5.00