5.0 out of 5 stars Sick, Twisted, RAW
Great movie, not for everyone's taste but definitely for mine. DO NOT WATCH this with the wife/girlfriend/partner, if you have a sick and twisted sense of humour this one's for you.
Published 10 months ago by Dcrnj

2.0 out of 5 stars BLESS THIS DUMP
Published 19 months ago by The Movie Guy

2.0 out of 5 stars BLESS THIS DUMP, 3 May 2013
The Movie Guy "Movies from A to Z" (United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Movie 43 [DVD] (DVD)
This is the "Kentucky Fried Movie" or "Groove Tube" for this generation. Normally this type of crude humor is done by unknowns looking to start a career and not by Hollywood's elite looking to end their career. There are numerous skits, most of which concern sex in one way or another. Some are cruder than others, some are out right funny while others you might find disgusting.

If you are turned off by crude humor, you should avoid this film. However, if you love the crude humor of modern films, this one may keep you in stitches.

Parental Guide: F-bomb and nudity.

1.0 out of 5 stars Reasons to be Painful, 1, 2, 43, 4 Sep 2014
This review is from: Movie 43 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Comedy is not dead, but if films like ‘Movie 43’ have anything to do with it, the obituaries for this once great genre are already half written. Told in a portmanteau style, ‘Movie 43’ is a series of sketches all linked together by a group of youths looking for the fabled 43rd film. To say that the film is unfunny would be a disservice to straight dramas et al. that seek to be serious and unfunny. There is something far deeper and sinister going on with ‘43’; this is a film so bad that it is more gruesome to watch than the most ostentatious horror film.

The fact that such impressive actors jumped on board of the film is what makes it so painful to watch; the likes of Hugh Jackman and Richard Gere must have known the sketches they were in where awful. These two examples are typical of the film’s brainless crudity that has no imagination or intelligence at all. I enjoy a gross out comedy, some of the early Farrelly Brothers work is excellent, but here it is feels like a bunch of blokes who are too old, showing off their bits.

At times the film does have flashes of humour; the leprechaun sketch is anarchic and the home-schooled sketch is the only one that balanced crudity with any intelligence. These two amusing segments are offset greatly by countless awful and hideously unamusing sketches. Just saying poop and fart does not make something funny, even a four year old grows out of this. It appears that the cast and the crew of ‘Movie 43’ never did and this is to all our detriment.

No point watching a Blu-ray version of this film as it is nearly all shot in studios like a sitcom. The extras include the US version of the cut that actually has a worse linking story and a short that was cut (imagine how bad it must be).

Sammy Stinker

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm honestly amazed that in a world where people are dying of ..., 23 Nov 2014
This review is from: Movie 43 [DVD] (DVD)
I have to say I didn't think a movie would ever actually make my brain leak out through my nostrils, but I'm afraid this one did it. It's just as well really because watching my hypothalamus leaking through my nasal cavity was a far more enjoyable experience than this 90 minute pile of A-list excrement. I'm honestly amazed that in a world where people are dying of disease, famine and lack of clean water every day, we can still spare $6,000,000 to make whatever the hell this is supposed to be. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch any of these actors in another film without my head imploding at the mere memory of this catastrophe.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst film ever!, 30 Aug 2014
This review is from: Movie 43 (DVD)
It takes a lot for me to give up & turn off a DVD but this one succeeded after an excruciating 30 minutes of the worst, most random and unfunny attempt at comedy I've ever seen! What on earth all those so-called A-list actors were thinking when they signed up for this is beyond me... It's just stupid, immature and the writers need to understand that just trying to shocking people isn't clever unless it's delivered with intelligence, humour & craft - this isn't! Me & my husband just sat there thinking "what the f**k, how on earth did this get made?!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Sick, Twisted, RAW, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Movie 43 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

1.0 out of 5 stars So bad that it's really not good. Don't waste your time. Feel sorry for those actors., 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Movie 43 [DVD] (DVD)
I feel bad for all those actors who were either coerced into doing this film based on agreements done before they had no idea what this was going to be. I would want to be as far from this movie as possible.
The level of bad taste of this movie is unbelievable and it's really, really not funny. I finally stopped after one hour during the black baseball locker room scene. Do not waste money on this crap.

1.0 out of 5 stars NO NO NO, 28 Oct 2014
This review is from: Movie 43 [DVD] (DVD)
NO unlike the Farelly brothers other FUNNY films this is not its disgusting and im normally someone who like gross humour such as there's something about Mary but this was horrid and Unfunny the funniest bit was the scene with Chloe Grace Moretz. but other than that it just sucked and I watched it with my mother so that just made me cringe even more at it.

1.0 out of 5 stars one of the worst, most disappointing films ever!, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Movie 43 (DVD)
one of the worst, most disappointing films ever! I don't know how the director/producers managed to get so many big names to play roles in this film. There are a million better ways of spending your time. Do not waste your time on this

1.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Outrageous, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Movie 43 [DVD] (DVD)
I was surprised this is rated 15 and not 18. I advise any kid planning to watch this not to watch with your parents it could turn quite awkward.

That being said the movie has a great cast and is definitely outrageous but it's just not funny enough.

I was never in tears of laughter but I did laugh a few times particularly at the Kate Winslet and Batman scenes. 55 minutes in though I really was finding it tedious and just wanted it to end. If it wasn't for me wanting to see the next big named star I may have turned it off at this point.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I managed to make it to what I thought were the end credits after the basketball scene but then we get 10 more minutes or so of a sketch involving Beezel the cat, this sketch just confirmed to me that the writers of the movie must have been on some kind of drugs. Bizarre

I was surprised to learn Peter Farrelly had anything to do with this because:

Me, Myself and Irene
There's Something About Mary
Dumb and Dumber

are light years ahead of this in the comedy stakes and if you want to laugh check out these 3 awesome movies and give Movie 43 a miss.

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst movie of the year, 1 Oct 2014
This review is from: Movie 43 (Blu-ray)
This film had one funny scene other than that it try's to hard to be funny which it fall flat 95% of the time don't waste your time or money on it don't even watch it even it was free if u want to laught go on youtube and watch comdey shorts or flick throught SNL

Movie 43 [DVD]
Movie 43 [DVD] by Peter Farrelly (DVD - 2013)