4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, very good :)
Published 11 months ago by Hannah Jeanes

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid but not entirely theft proof
Unfortunately, the lock was left locked to a metal post and someone stole the D-Lock. Not quite as theft proof as we thought. Other than that a very solid lock and very heavy.
Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, very good :), 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Magnum ONGUARD Pitbull DT Shackle High Security Bicycle Cycling U-Lock with 4' Flex Cable LK8005 (Misc.)
Overall, I'm really happy with this, it was a great price (although I've just seen you can get it cheaper again since I bought it :( ) It looks nice and strong and having the cable included was perfect - it's the perfect length to secure my front wheel, although it would be nice if there was an option for a longer cable so I could secure my basket with it too while its still on my bike.

I'm not sure how strong the mount for it is though, especially as the lock is quite heavy, its working at the moment, but time will tell!

4.0 out of 5 stars big heavy lock, 27 Jan 2014
it has sold secure silver rating but is quite large and heavy. good that it has a cable but the cable is the weakest part and i think easily cut use the cable to secure helmet or front wheel

5.0 out of 5 stars This lock saved my bike from being stolen!, 14 Mar 2014
I am very pleased with this lock as it stopped my frame and wheels being stolen. Unfortunately the rest of my components on my bike were stolen which i am now having to replace. Although it doesn't look much It is definitely worth having a lock with a cable to lock up your front wheel as it saved mine from being pinched.
The Onguard is not as heavy as the kryptonite new york 3000 lock which i have but i believe it to be just as strong as it too is gold secure rated. The frame lock mount is ok but could hold the lock in place a bit tighter as sometimes the lock sways out to the side when going around corners.

5.0 out of 5 stars lock, 25 Aug 2013
I would recommend this product as it is very good quality. It arrived in good time. I wanted it to secure two electric bikes and it does the job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really massive bike lock, 4 Jun 2014
I've been using this for about six months now and my bike hasn't been nicked yet... I use it to lock the frame and back wheel to something solid (e.g. a post) and loop the cable through the front wheel so no-one can take that. Seems to be holding up to the British weather nicely, no sign of rust yet. Comes with a useful attachment to carry it about on your bike frame, which is useful but a bit rattly when you're bumping along the road.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid lock, 21 May 2014
Tibi Neagu (Bucharest, Romania) - See all my reviews
It's a great bike lock for the price - build quality is mostly without reproach, feels solid, heavy and intimidating, as it should. I haven't found a bike rack where I couldn't use it, so size (i.e. depth) is not a problem. I can safely lock my seat tube, rear wheel and front wheel in a snap.

One thing I should point out is that after a few weeks the bike frame mount started to feel more loose. The lock itself isn't coming off, but it moves a bit more than I'd like in the mount, making some annoying noise when riding over rougher terrain (read: potholes, irregular tarmac, etc).

Another small issue is that sometimes (very rarely, though) the key won't turn all the way and I'm not able to open the lock until I take the key out and 'jiggle' it a bit. This behaviour is to be expected, but I haven't been using the lock for that long and it seems a bit premature.

5.0 out of 5 stars got it second time, 28 Dec 2013
great lock, used it before, and lost the old one falling and scattering my stuff in dark... good enough to convince me to buy the same again

5.0 out of 5 stars solid feeling, 6 Dec 2013
gold standard solid and secure feeling careful with the bracket to fix to the bike it can snap if you are not careful, it is a heavy look as you would expect.

4.0 out of 5 stars lock, 3 Dec 2013
Excellent lock. Gold secure rated. The lock is very solidly built and it is over half the price of other brands

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing U Lock, 2 Nov 2013
I would recommend this product, it is amazing. It feels very sturdy and it is a Gold Sold Secure lock, which means it provides the best security for your bike out there. The only problem I have had with the whole product is the clamp holder system. It is a piece of hard plastic with the shape of the letter "T" attached to the U lock. This "T" fits into the clamp (the clamp is attached to your bike), and you have to twist your U lock, the "T", into the clamp, I have use it for 3 weeks and the plastic with the "T" shape is now broken, so I can't attach my U lock to my bike anymore. But anyway, that's the only problem I have had with this U lock and I think it's not a big deal.