Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Listen with Prime Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 10 March 2015
There are two issues that have cropped up frequently in the other reviews that I want to address in turn:
1. Plastic smell during use - there was a faint smell when I used it in the early days. However, I do not get the impression that this was the result of any malfunction, melting on burning. I seems to me that the smell is simply just the smell of new plastic being emitted from the fan. It should be noted that this smell has significantly reduced after three weeks of fairly regular use which seems to support my argument.
2. It stops working after only a few uses - from my experience this is simply not the case. I've been using it twice a day since I've got it and have encountered no issues. However, note that there is a safety mechanism on the device whereby the motor will only run when the mixing glass is locked into place on the mixing unit (achieve by rotation the glass). I got a fright on my second ever use when I hadn't twisted the mixing glass far enough and when I went to switch it on nothing happened. My immediate thought was, 'the reviews were right, this thing’s a piece of s***' but on my second attempt I twisted it further and felt/heard the click and realised the error of my ways.
I would recommend registering the product on the MR website as this gives you a warranty up for 1 year (or maybe it's 2 years I can't remember).
In terms of the stuff I use it for it's mainly green smoothies consisting of spinach, avocado, banana, blueberries, flax, oats and water. However, at weekends I often use it to make banana pancakes which works a dream.
I recommended this to a friend who brought it in Sainsbury’s last weekend (note price in Sainsbury's in £5 more than on Amazon) and she loves it too.
Comparison with Nutribullet: I was very close to buying a Nutri-bullet but in the end couldn’t bring myself to spank £100 on an item when there were so many vastly cheaper alternatives out there. I have never actually used a NB so can’t give a true comparison but I can say that I bought this blender to do everything that I would have done with a NB and it has performed with flying colours. It produces smooth smoothies with no residue/bits, for me the design is actually better as you can throw everything you want into the cup screw on the mixing blade, mix and then screw on the lid and go. It comes with two protein shaker style plastic glasses which I prefer and it has a wide opening which is good to throw all your various bits in easily.
I’m conscious that I’m starting to ramble now, so, one final piece of advice: give it a punt. You probably won't be disappointed and for under £20 it's worth the risk.
22 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 March 2016
I loved this product when it arrived but feel really disappointed now. I've had it for about 6 weeks and already the rubber seals in the blender and the beaker lids have come away. I can't use any of it any more as it leaks. Do I have a faulty product???
on 20 June 2014
For the price this blender is fantastic! It crushes ice which has my vote! You get two beakers which you blend with! Easy clean too! 10/10
on 15 January 2016
Great and simple blender - not high tech or particularly powerful but if you're looking for a nice simple smoothie maker to make drinks to take out and about then this is the best thing to go for. The blender is powerful enough to make a great smoothie and will crush ice within a drink and since it comes with beakers and lids you can blend up your drink and take it straight out with you without having to spend time decanting it into a suitable bottle/container. Truly a 5 star product, couldn't do without it now!
on 11 April 2015
This product works extremely well and I must personally say, it's been a life saver with me loosing my unwanted weight and getting the body I want. You have the ability to make delicious healthy smoothies which is just a treat in itself!
on 28 May 2015
Motor burnt out after 3days of blending fruit!!! Could understand if I had been using for blending harder things like ice but this should happen with strawberry, bananas and berries!!
on 11 March 2016
Have used this for a year now, and I think it's great! Been using it mostly for smoothies, and for making flour out of oats. Really blends everything throughly, and don't leave any bits (as long as not everything is frozen, you need liquid). Only thing that it's a bit annoying is the silicone ring that you should wash after every use. Didn't use it for a month, and it smelled when i opened it again, which is a bit unappetizing. But other than that it's really great! easy to clean other than the silicone ring.
on 10 November 2015
The best value equivalent to a nutrition-bullet. This is the second machine I've bought, but don't expect more than a couple of years life with intensive use.
on 5 February 2015
Very disappointed with this product.

The motor has pretty much burned out after less than a month!

I only use it once a day (for less than 10 seconds at a time) to mix a banana with milk for a protein shake. If this thing can't even mush up a banana god knows what would happen if ice was put in it like the picture!!

Normally I wouldn't write a review based on this as I would assume I just got a one off bad one, however looking over the comments it seems many others had the same experience. I should have listened to the other reviews and spent a little more on a high quality device, now my office stinks of electrical burning. :(
on 14 December 2015
I have bought this machine in July and eventh ough it fit the purposes after 5 months the motor burned. There was not excessive use from my side hence is a defect that the machine comes with. Warranty does not cover for repair. Eventhough is a cheap machine considering that it only lasts 6 month (usage of 3 times a week max) I would not recommend the machine to anyone . Better to invest on something better or at least that has a longer warranty.