on 10 February 2013
Let me start by saying that the reason I want to learn SEO is because I have a website which mainly is targetted to town's in the UK. therefore I have thousands of key terms I could use. I do come from a computer background but my SEO knowledge is pretty minimum.

Having now read this book I do feel that the reader does need to have some internet savy about them, because although this book is written in simple english I did think a couple of times "I'm glad I understand what they means". This is now the 2nd SEO book I have read in the last week and the other book was not so simple.

So from the above SEO made simple is what it says. It's a simple method which will hopefully work and acheive great results. Out of both books (I feel it would be unfair to name the other) the processes form this book are my preferred options. The simplicity of this process and the way the author wrote the book is why I'm giving it 5 stars.

There are a few things though that I feel were difficult, hard to understand or left me puzzled, which are:-

1. As mentioned above, I want to target many key terms, if possible into hundreds (possibly thousands). Although the book does reference key phraseS I did feel it mainly focused on 1 or 2 key terms. I would prefer to understand how to target lots more in a campaign. If this is not possibel then it would be goodfor the book to state this.

2. The book referneces getting to the top of page one, which is great and what we are strive for, but I'd also like to know the effort required to maintain that position, is it the same amount of work or reduced amount. I know and understand the the author mentions it's an art which I complete understand and agree with and that 1 key term is not the same as the other. But I'd liek to know what the author does after he finishes a campaign.

3. I found the last chapter very helpful as I'm sure everyone does and I have viewed the "secret" page. As well as viewing the "secret" page I have also looked for reviews on the tools the author uses, and most of the reviews on all the tools state that they're good tools if you know how to use them otherwise they could damage your SEO - please don't let that scrae you. There are tutorials on teh secret websites themselves but they show you all features that are possible. So my point is that although the author mentions the tools he uses, going into detail about which aspects and how he uses them would be a great read. But again I understand it's an art, so it maybe a case that it varies for each campaign.

4. Maybe it's me but I am still a little confused about the article spinning. For exmaple in the book on page 141 there is a sentence that states "I usually have one or two articles per site queued up, spun and ready to go at the beginning of each month. I distribute these articles at a pace of around five per day to potential directories". This sentence says to me that the author distributes 5 of the SAME article every day. But I'm under the impression that articles need to be unique so wouldn't distributing the same article 5 times per day everyday for 1 month harm the campaign? If anyone knows the answer to this please do let me know.

Finally, I do want to say that if you want simple methods and are new'ish to SEO then this is a great read and will help. If a question comes into your head just keep reading by the end of the book pretty much all of my questions were answers. So it's definitely worth buying and hopefully following these methods we can acheive position one rankings.

Thanks
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 April 2013
Shows how some simple changes and optimisation to your website pages really can make a difference.
Michael speaks from real life experience, which is always welcome, advising on: on page to off page optimisation through to link building. This book will be a constant reference. Looking forward to the next edition aswell.
on 22 July 2013
The book is ok; sensible advice and easy to implement. However, what is seriously annoying is the author doesn't understand the medium he is writing for. Like so many authors he includes screenshots as small images that just do not show up on a kindle. In fact these are so small they are completely useless. I just wish authors would investigate their medium before publication and include appropriately sized images. Hence he only gets three stars. However, if you can live without the images the book has some good points and is clearly written. You also have a choice of book, 3rd edition or 2013 edition, but I don't see the difference since the 3rd edition is dated 2013. They are listed with two different covers and appear to be different but this is the one that amazon downloaded. A little confusing but I am sure the differences must be cosmetic and not substance.
on 1 April 2013
I think it's a really well written and great account of SEO. It's not only simple but gives you some great concrete steps that you can take to being the get your website Search Engine Optimised.

I think the author was clear and engaging throughout. Why didn't I give it 5 stars you ask? Well, nothing wrong with the content. Only can I suggest that the author makes a table of contents with links to each section so it's easier to jump to a specific section? I think many users would find this useful :)
on 11 January 2013
This book really does have all the answers! It makes a a topic that at times can seem incredibly daunting and something that almost seems unachievable for a start up business achievable. Everything you need to know about optimising your website is contained in this concise and easy to read book. A definite must for those wishing to move up the Google ranks, or any other search engine for that matter!
on 14 March 2013
As title indicates, simple and concise description of what you need to enhance you position in Google. Also good to update your strategy if you got some good results time ago and now you rank in a lower position.
on 1 March 2013
This book covers all of the important aspects of on and off page optimisation. Great for beginners and those who have forgotten the core of SEO.
on 27 August 2014
If You are new to the SEO world this book is a great way to start with. Simple to understand, You can find in it all the important strategies.
on 19 February 2013
Excellent and straight forward book to read, which explains SEO clearly. I would recommend this book to anyone new to SEO.
on 30 July 2014