on 19 May 2013
This is a must-have book. Effective differentiation is a real challenge for all teachers, no matter how experienced - and yet it is critically important. Full of great, practical ideas, this book helps to navigate the issue. It is accessible, clear and well written - it has transformed my approach to teaching.
on 22 March 2013
Reasonably priced; practical and easy to access resource on techniques for effective differentiation in classroom. A useful book for any teacher wanting to stretch most able and support a mixed ability class (whcih is - after all - any class).
on 29 August 2013
I'm not a high-school teacher, however I teach professional short courses around the world, so I'm always keen on methods that can engage with diverse audiences (my courses run in North America, Asia, Europe & Australia) and help me get my point across quickly (my courses are usually only 1-3 days). Having read Mike Gershon's books on Questioning, Discussion and Differentiation I have completely re-designed my courses to be far more interactive and much more structured. The book is a useful, practical guide, which I recommend to anyone who teaches, high-school or other big kids!
on 6 June 2013
This book teams with excellent ideas. It is an essential guide for all teachers, and extends primary classroom good practice into high school. It's a fantastic resource for both detailed planning and using as a quick "one off" lesson when called on to take a class at the last moment. Supply teachers , and I've been one, would find this incredibly helpful.
It cuts to the heart of good teaching.
And it's easy to see how planning can be made effective and give students lessons with impact.
on 26 October 2013
I haven't read much further, as I just want to try out all the ideas. I think that chapter 1 was all I wanted, I would have happily paid the price just for this chapter alone!
on 9 February 2014
This book gives you quick and easy to use ideas with a simple format to follow.
Worth a read and worth flagging up to department members
on 10 December 2013
Lots of practical ideas to try in the classroom, well worth a look. Good value and the e-copy easy to dip into as and when.
on 23 May 2015
Some interesting ideas though a lot that you will already know about. Has some work on learning styles which we know is now discredited. It has a rather too contrived format. perhaps one copy in school would be the best use.
on 19 November 2014
Yes, its all very useful and of course differentiation is very fashionable, so I can look good in the classroom. However, good to have other peoples opinions and ideas.
on 1 May 2013
This book is ideal for the teacher who needs simple, quick solutions to differentiation. Plenty of excellent ideas phrased in a way that is easy to understand and try out! I am looking forward to giving these tips a go!