on 5 August 2013
I can't help it but I have to say this book read to me very much like Pretty Woman meets Indecent Proposal. It certainly isn't a rip off of them but contained a lot that was very similar.

It was an enjoyable read though, some may find the thought of infidelity hard to handle though and not enjoy the way that their hook up is manipulated by Bryce. That said the chemistry between them would melt an iceburg and I certainly was happy to follow them along for the ride.

Will I read on in this series? Hell yes!
on 9 February 2013
loved this book. would recommend. can't wait for the next book. . well written. defiantly 5 stars. left me wanting more. which good but I hate waiting. lol
on 25 January 2013
Very good very much a love affair with a twist will she stay or will she go when she fined out the truth . Can't wait to find out x
on 15 July 2013
I read a sample of this and I was hooked I just had to see how it ended! I fell in love with Bryce and Alexis' story instantly! It has everything you need in a book tragedy, love, lies, lust, flirting and an amazing set of characters! I love this series and I would recommend it to anyone who would listen :-)
on 12 January 2013
Brilliant book enjoyed its story it's good how you are left waiting for a follow . On book can't wait
on 21 May 2014
Alexis Summers, seemingly in a happy marriage with two children, starts work for billionaire Bryce Clark who makes it his mission to make Alexis want him. He learns everything about her, favourite food, drink, perfume and promotes her to the position of his PA to get closer to her and she naturally starts falling for him. What I enjoyed was the pace of the book, it read well and I finished it in a couple of hours not wanting to put it down. There were not many sex scenes, but the ones written were hot, if not a little on the short side for a novel in the erotica section. There was good use of other characters, in particular Alexis's friends and a potential villain in the form of one of Bryce's relatives. The setting was a great idea too, hotel, shopping and conference facilities all in one for much of the action to take place in. What I personally didn't like was how quickly "happily married" Alexis allowed herself to be kissed and the speed at which she more than flirted with Bryce. I would have preferred to have her inner monologue explaining a reason for her actions (such as unfulfilled in marriage, awful sex life, constant arguments etc), other than just finding Bryce sexy and irresistible - it made me a little uncomfortable how quickly she gave into her desires with no seemingly good reason, I would have liked a little more empathy to really get behind wanting them to become a couple. That being said, it was very entertaining and enjoyable and I have downloaded the remaining two books in the trilogy and look forward to reading them.
on 2 May 2014
The Prologue to this book had me in stitches, and also remembering back to when my kids were that young and how harassed I was at times, l started this book with trepidation as I didn't like that the story is based around Alexis cheating on her husband to whom Alexis has been happily married to for 12 years, the man she's only ever loved or been with and her two children. She takes a job at a hotel as concierge assistant (CA) at a local hotel, excited to be part of the workforce after nine years of not working. Now this I could relate to, and I must say that even though I was feeling slightly squiffy at her thoughts and reactions to her new boss, Bryce Clark, whom she accidentally spills her drink over before shes even started her first day!
Bryce is a man who goes after what he wants and gets whatever he wants or needs. He's sexy and confidant and he takes charge and whisks Alexis off to the designer store to get them a change of clothes...

Now here is another bit I had difficulty with, Bryce knows everything about her, as if he's stalking her.

By the end of the first week she is promoted to replace his PA who is heavily pregnant, without fully being trained on what to do, on a side note... boy I wish I got paid that wage as a PA

Bryce wants Alexis in his bed, but Alexis is married and it's not going to happen. But she's attracted to him, and as time goes by she can't help but feel like she is falling for him while still being in love with her husband Rick. There are some very hot sexual fantasy scenes! *fanning face*

This story It pulls you right in from the beginning and keeps you on your toes until the very end of the book.

Bryce is caring, compassionate, charming, and fun loving and single, but why he is hell bent on getting a married woman had me a bit confused, and contradicts his other qualities, but I still warmed up to him, Rick sounds like a typical Aussie husband, but he has a secret...

There was a lot of of tension in this book which makes you keep turning the page to find out what happens next.

Things I liked...
Relatable main character.
Characters were described well and you could easily imagine them as the plot unfolds.
Humour, Alex's inner monologue was awesome.
Rick (the husband) wasn't made to be an out and out villain.
Alexis wasn't a young, naive virgin, but a 35 yr old mum who isn't a size 8!

What I didn't like...
There is a cliffhanger, but book 2 is out already. There is a third book.
The infidelity, I kept thinking what about the kids, and although I still feel a bit uncomfortable about the way the story is going, but I will read the other two books and see what happens to Alexis, Bryce, Rick, and the two kids that are also going to be in the cross hairs to the decision that Alexis has taken...
Well written Ms Golland, you kept me reading all the way to the end!

*you will also find this review on my Blog katsindiebookblog
Comment Comment | Permalink
on 11 March 2014
Wow! Simply shocked at how amazing this book is. It really took me by surprise, and I almost didn't read the book due the the infidelity, but it's well written by the author Km Golland and the infidelity is sympathetically explained and is only a tiny snippet or what this book is about.

This is about a 30 something year old woman. Alexis , who is a mother of 2 children and is happily married to Rick. She has dedicated her married life to her family and now wants to return to the workforce. She applies for a position at a prestigious hotel in Melbourne Australia, and her life as she know it changes on her very first day.

Bryce Clark is Alexis Boss, he's waited his whole life to find his soul mate the woman of his dreams. Of course, he has women fallen at his feet, but he only has eyes for one woman and he's relentless in his quest to win her heart.

Bryce is delicious and I seriously crushed on him very soon into this book. He's every girls fantasy, exceptional looks , talented in so many ways too, he can cook like a 5star chef, play the guitar, he teaches a women's self defence class, he can fly a helicopter and he's the CEO of his pretentious hotel chain. What's not to love? But he's so much more, he's sensitive, strong, loving, dominant and a truly nice guy and is extremely generous to his family, friends employees and anyone else he thinks needs help. Swoon!!! He also has a tragic past and his life has changed because of the loss of several close family members.

This book is seriously addictive and I found myself forgetting to eat and sleep. I needed to finish this book and almost immediately started the next book Satisfaction as soon as I had.

Congratulations KM Golland this book is amazing! I experienced every emotion, you are simply a genius, and never, NEVER! Has a book captivated me like this one did.
on 26 December 2013
After lots of recommendations for this book I finally decided to read it!

I've never fell so hard or fast for a fictional guy before, but then I'd never met Bryce Edward Clarke until now. How i've not read this book before I beyond me, just glad that I did !!!

I Read a lot of New Adult/Erotica, and a few storylines come around again and again. this was like a breathe of fresh air. The heroine of the story is Alexis a 35 married mother of two, who has just returned to work after 9 years of looking after her family. I instantly love her, as she felt real she wasn't describe as prefect, she had recently lost weight and wasn't sure of herself after taking timeout of the workplace.

This is what I think makes KM Golland books so popular the reader can relate to the heroine, I know I certainly did and I don't form that bond with female leads very often. When Alexis returns to work she finds herself working for the very handsome, sweet sexy confident Mr Clarke ( move over Jesse Ward I've a new book boyfriend) again his character was different he's not the normal relationship frightened male who won't commit, he is actually the opposite as in he knows what he wants and he always gets it and he wants Alexis.

How will Alexis cope with the Temptation of Bryce Clarke, will the pull of family take her away from a love like she has never known?

When I first read the blurb to this book I did worry a little, Alexis is married therefore an element of adultery has to be present or a love triangle which to be honest I'm not keen on.
KM Golland is extremely clever in her writing and is able to write a very steamy novel without compromising the values of marriage or turning the story into a moan feast of indecision. The chemistry between Alexis and Bryce is off the page sizzling, add Alexis friends into the mix and you have a best selling story on your hands.

I'm really glad book 2 ( Satisfaction) is available as I don't think I could wait long for the next instalment.

This book is a must read, Bryce Clarke will rock your world !
on 12 September 2013
TEMPTATION is the first storyline in K.M.Golland's new contemporary romance (erotic) series written in the similar stylings as many series in the same genre. There are a few differences including a married heroine in her mid-30s and a hero with no hidden demons in his past.

Our heroine is Alexis Summers; a married 35year old, mother of two who embarks on a second career as a concierge attendant in a prestigious Melbourne Hotel. Enter, Bryce Clark; the billionaire, single, gorgeously handsome man who needs and wants Alexis with every fiber of his being and the man who is about to turn Alexis's world upside down.

This is also a story of forbidden love and temptation- a married woman who is pulled into the sensual and sexual orbit of a man who does not take no for an answer. Bryce is immediately attracted to Alexis and she has a difficult time saying no.

The storyline follows the building of a relationship as Bryce maneuvers everything and everyone in his path so that Alexis will become his.

Bryce is not your typical billionaire playboy with a horrific background. Yes, there are some painful memories and loss, but there are no abusive demons beating at the door. He is a quiet man, a loner, who loves and supports his sister. He is also an enigma: for all of his money, Bryce is missing the special someone in his life to complete his soul. Alexis, on the other hand, is a woman drawn into a web of sensuality. Claiming to still love her husband, she pushes Bryce at every opportunity but in doing so, she pulls ever so slightly letting Bryce know she is open for consideration.

The storyline is fast paced; we are introduced to several secondary characters including Alexis's friends who bring plenty of humor to the storyline. There is also Alexis's husband, who is a man, caught between loving his wife and the almighty dollar. And we can't forget the jealous sibling, who intends to make Bryce's life a living hell.

K.M.Golland pulls the reader into a story of relationship taboo. And in doing so, quotes Johnny Depp regarding love and loss: "If you are in love with two people, choose the second one; because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second." Whether this quote can be attributed to Mr. Depp-I do not know- but it does give you something to think about.