5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Ps4
Published 14 months ago by Malakas

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not good
When I received this item and plugged it in it work perfectly and did exactly as described. Unfortunately, the second time I used it some circuit inside the box burnt out and the device failed. I informed Amazon who gave me a full refund. I am, therefore, very happy with Amazon and there quick response but disappointed that the device failed.
I think it very likely...
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Ps4, 31 Mar. 2014
This review is from: PORTTA NPETHVP PC HDMI to VGA + 3.5mm Audio HD Video Converter HDTV SKY DVD PS3 Apple TV XBOX360 Apple TV HD-DVD player Blue ray player SKY box STB or Projector 1080P (Accessory)
I got this Converter for the ps4 as my first one was hdmi to vga cable only, which had no HDCP detection and therefore whenever i played a game the screen will go and stay blank until you restart the ps4. Also my first cable had no external power coming in so drew the power from the ps4 which meant that it could not Convert the digital hdmi to the analogue vga and thats why it turned the screen blank during gameplay. This product has to be plugged into the mains to convert the signal as well as having automatic HDCP detection so you can play games without your monitor going blank (no signal )

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Bad cinema style, 31 Aug. 2014
After buying cable after cable, and trying to run visuals from certain pieces of kit through my old LCD Sony VGA projector without any success, I thought I would give this a go as I noticed all the resolution options that were included within the product description.

Once out of the box I hooked it up to my Apple TV2 box and instantly the picture hit the wall..!!! With a little tinkering with the Apple TV2 screen resolutions (hold down menu and the up select button for six seconds on the apple remote until the light blinks and it will bring up the internal Apple TV resolution settings) Hey presto, Breaking Bad cinema style..!!!

More than 5 stars for me, as it not only works but it also produces high quality images even though it is a step down converter from HDMI to VGA. Still yet to try it on my PS4 but after the Apple TV escapade, I am sure it will be no problem at all..!!!

I never write reviews, but I thought I would drop this one in as it has indeed solved an age old problem for me and now I do not have a need to upgrade my projector just because I do not have a HDMI slot attached to it..!!

Happy days ;O)

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally have my PS4 working on my projector!, 8 Oct. 2014
Like a few others I had a HDMI to VGA (non externally powered) port which worked great when using my PS3 and WiiU on my projector. But when it came to the PS4 it just didn't work, only showing a blank screen.
After reading reviews that this product worked, I instantly bought it and it was the cheapest legitimate alternative.
After setting it up in a few minutes it worked instantly and now I can finally play the console on my home cinema screen.
Only oddity is that this has capped the picture to 720p despite it saying 1080p. I know its not an issue with the projector as my Ps3/WiiU outputted full HD through my old HDMI/VGA cable.
Picture still looks stunning though. So no complaints.

I will update if I can change the resolution

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product! (PS4), 21 Jun. 2014
After having brought 2 different vga to hdmi converters, which did not work, I was disappointed. That is until I came across this converter, and saw a review saying that it worked for ps4. So I purchased it and boy does it work wonders!

The delivery was fast and worked imediatly. Be careful to put the vga really hard inside the port because the connection can go away.

Anyways, the device works great and I've encountered no problems since the purchase.
Sound and video is also of excellent quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product., 24 Mar. 2014
A good product which I bought for the purpose of using the headphones through the TV. But all in all I think this is a good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars coachoneill and author [...], 13 Jan. 2014
Does the job. Good value. Does the job. Good value, neat and a great little utility piece for those would be projector handlers!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not good, 3 Aug. 2013
I think it very likely that I was unlucky that I received a poor device and would imagine that overall the equipment would be totally satisfactory.

4.0 out of 5 stars Use to connect WDTV to old PC monitor, 22 Jun. 2013
I think this is ok. I wanted 'occasional' TV in my workshop - so popped an old LCD SVGA monitor on the wall, and plugged this in to convert HDMI from a WDTV box to the monitor. I don't have TV signal in workshop, but do have wifi so this is excellent - I use slingbox to get the TV over the LAN to the WDTV box. Good picture, and seems to cover all variants of resolution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with our projector, 18 May 2013
I don't have a VGA port on my laptop. When I go to customers to present, a lot of them do not have HDMI projectors. This is a great little device for converting HDMI to VGA. This is the second one I have bought because I used the wrong AC adapter and fried the components. This uses very low voltage and I accidentally plugged in the charger for some other device and it stopped working

5.0 out of 5 stars Winpoon HDMI to VGA + 3.5mm Audio out, 7 Mar. 2014
This product is excellent (5 stars)
I wanted this to use with a PS3 and an Acer v193w monitor. After looking through the instructions, which there are two, one is for the VGA to HDMI converter. I connected the required leads into this device and switched on the PS3 and monitor, as expected the outputted video wasn't supported by the monitor, as it only has a resolution of 1440x900 and my PS3 was connected to our LCD TV using HDMI. So after doing a video reset on the PS3, (whilst the PS3 is in standby mode, hold the power button down until the PS3 beeps), the PS3 was displaying a picture on my monitor. I have changed the settings on the PS3 and the picture looks awesome, not as good as true 1080p but the definition is very clear. I love this piece of kit, which at £20 odd quid it beats spending out on a new monitor, which would have cost lots more.One more note, also included is a USB power lead to plug into the converter, but it isn't required to operate it which is stated in the instruction booklet. Also the device can also be wall mounted, but it also small enough to rest at the back of the monitor.