Colour: Grey|Change

on 17 January 2015
Seemed a 5 star at first but after less than q year it doesn't seal so you have to continually top up the water to wash dishes. Great looks and good practicality at first. Afraid not a long term buy and the price that isn't good enough.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 31 December 2014
I put this on my Christmas wish list for my daughter to chose from. She is used to me having odd things on my wish list. I cannot believe how happy a washing up bowl has made me. There are washing up bowls and then there is this one. I can carry it with a little water in it so I can watch TV from the island whilst peeling potatoes. Put it back in the sink, then let the water out and the peelings go straight down the garbage disposer. I can fill it with warm water to wash down the worktops and all the little bits go down it's drain (any bits too big don't so they can be retrieved easily). It is big enough to soak most things in before going in the dishwasher and the water doesn't go cold quickly because it is on little legs. The plug removes completely and easily for rinsing that area out. I know I am one sad woman, but this has made me happy. I love good functional design.
11 comment|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 April 2013
I love this product!
An extra plus that is not mentioned is that it raises the level of the sink.
We have a horrible ceramic sink, and it is very low = backache.
This little number takes care of that.
I find that I do more dishes by hand now, than using the dish washer :)
on 10 December 2015
This goes on my list of one of the most helpful products ever made. This product has made our lives so much easier!

First of all, we have a delicate sink that is very thin made of some sort of stone material. I have large and very heavy cast iron pots. Bad combination with the sink. This product has been a life changer because we no longer have to worry that the sink is going to break if someone bangs the heavy pots whilst washing up. This helpful bowl is sturdy enough to take the bangs.

We also have a baby and we have glass bottles. We had already broken two bottles in our sink. Again, this bowl has rescued many bottles and other glass items from breaking. It is so helpful with a baby though because you can put the plug in and move the bowl elsewhere to let items soak whilst you use your sink for other washing up. What we have found useful is that you can then transfer the bowl back to the sink and with one turn of the plug, th water drains out. No more need to tip the bowl over like other traditional washing up bowls. It's literally like having another handy sink.

Lastly, another feature we have found so useful is that the bowl sits high. It's not high enough to come above our sink. It's just high enough so that if you're short (I'm 5'1"), it makes it SO much easier to wash up because I'm not having to bend over in to the sink. I really love this product and Amazon sell it cheaper than anywhere else. A definite win!
on 11 November 2013
it is quite expensive for what it is, but its really handy have the drainer in the bowl, if your doing veg etc, or for catching the left over food that has been dropped in the basin !
on 18 July 2013
My friends think I'm crazy to spend a lot of money on a bowl with a hole in the bottom but I love it. It's cleverly designed in a superior material. Makes washing up a pleasure.
on 9 June 2013
Deep, tough, and good looking! Plug in bottom great as no need to tip up. High sides protect sink from scratches
on 26 May 2014
I liked the idea of this as due to disabilities I cannot lift full bowl of water to empty. I was previously having to decant from bowl into adjacent sink with small jug. So this has solved that problem, only reason I did not give a 5 is that I do not find the strainer facility fine enough so I still use a fine stainless steel mesh one over the plug hole. The handles on side are also handy.
on 11 May 2013
Just the job for looking after your expensive glass ware! Well made and drain works much better than the one in the sink underneath
on 9 November 2013
This is without doubt the most expensive but the best washing up bowl I have ever had. I read all the Amazon reviews before ordering and decided to try it in spite of some dubious comments. I do not agree with any of the poor grades. I love it!