5.0 out of 5 stars Frontier sagas
I am really enjoying this series I like the character interactions, and especially the tactics, to say more would spoil it for other readers, the best however is that I have more books to look forward to.
Published 1 month ago by Terri

3.0 out of 5 stars Good steady stuff
Published 9 months ago by Robert Lee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good steady stuff, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Frontiers Saga: Episodes 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
The author said it a kind of Sci Fi soap opera and maybe that's the way to view it. The story does not have too much depth, which left me a bit frustrated as it could easily have been given more depth. The story line, I think, lacks pace, and as such struggles to pull you in. There are a number of these books and I have only read the first three, buy the omnibus, so maybe it gets better as the story develops. I would not be averse to reading more of them, but don't feel any great need to do so at this point, which is why it is three stars and not more.

4.0 out of 5 stars great books, 28 Jun 2014
great books

5.0 out of 5 stars Frontier sagas, 26 Jun 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 6 May 2014
This review is from: The Frontiers Saga: Episodes 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
Quite a lot going on with some original ideas and reasonable characterisation. Having read the first three episode I then read the rest of the available books within a couple of weeks (shows I enjoyed them). I tend to compare SF books to the culture novels by Ian M Banks (as they are probably my favourites) and this series was not quite as good - but close.

4.0 out of 5 stars Www, 4 April 2014
This review is from: The Frontiers Saga: Episodes 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
I found this first book of the Frontiers Sago a pleasing read for my first Sci-fi encounter. I'm not familiar with the genre and I wasn't at all dissatisfied. I've purchased the next episode '4' and I'm looking forward to seeing how the Saga progresses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Frontiers Saga: Episodes 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic introduction to Ryk Browns work, buy it, read it, then buy the other 7 as i have!! All a good read and you find that you have immersed yourself in the world by the end of the first chapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love science fiction, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Frontiers Saga: Episodes 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
What a fantastic series of books to lift the imagination a little bit startrekie but you can forgive that as you read each episode you open your mind to the possibilitie what if.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic space opera!, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Frontiers Saga: Episodes 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
First three books has me hooked. A crew whose characters are developing nicely, a ship that is exciting as it is knackered. Flying by the seat of their pants. This is my kind of sci-fi.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sci Fi essential reading, 6 Mar 2014
S. L. Corry - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Frontiers Saga: Episodes 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
I have read all 10 of these books and cant wait for the next. As someone who does a lot of reading I feel it only fair to point out that these books are not without their faults and will never win awards. And yet I couldn`t put them down and was always keen o see where it would progress. There are a lot of good ideas (some new some not so new!) thrown together here and it does have the overall feel of a TV series with bits of Star Trek and BSG all thrown together. Great value for all ten. Highly recommended for all sci-fi fans.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent space war yarn, 17 Feb 2014
S. Johnson (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Frontiers Saga: Episodes 1-3 (Kindle Edition)
Well placed in the tradition of sci-fi. Space ships from several different worlds are pitched against each other in gripping action battles. Add in a little political intrigue and romance and you have a very good read. I hope the rest of the series continues in this vein.

Earth has only just reestablished enough technology to get back into space after a plague drove them back to a primitive culture for over a thousand years. They have limited "faster than light" travel capabilities and are anticipating an imminent invasion from a nearby star system. A new ship, under staffed and under equipped but fitted with a prototype drive that provides instantaneous long range travel jumps into the midst of an interstellar conflict involving some of earth's ancient extraterrestrial colonies. From here, the fight continues.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›