‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent cd by my guitar hero., 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: ROOTS AND BRANCHES (Audio CD)
I received my cd today and must say I am mightily impressed!! I always thought it unfair that trower is tagged as a british jimi hendrix. My view is that he has his own unique style. anyway, all tracks on this cd are superb. buy it!! 10/10. You wont be dissapointed. Why are there no modern musicians of this caliber anymore???

4.0 out of 5 stars Blues veteran cuts the mustard, 4 Feb 2013
Big Jim "Big Jim" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: ROOTS AND BRANCHES (Audio CD)
This album consists mainly of covers, but they are shoogled about and given a new lease of life by Mr Trower. We get familiar tracks such as That's all right Mama and Little Red Rooster slowed down to become dirty blues whilst Hound Dog is given a funky makeover and the only obvious "Hendrixy" guitar is on the album closer See my life. It shouldn't work, but does, because Trower is a consummate musician and the vocals shared between himself and bassist Richard Watts are top notch. I have however felt the need to drop a star mainly because tracks such as The Thrill has Gone and Born under a Bad Sign don't really add much to the originals and the latter-day Claptonesque When I Heard Your Name is a tad bland. They're not bad by any stretch but just don't excite like the other tracks. Still a very worthwhile album though - Get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant......, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: ROOTS AND BRANCHES (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of the blues for more years than I care to remember and a fan of Robin Trower since the original release of the "Bridge of Sighs" album way back, which to me was the classic Trower album.

This new offering "Roots and Branches" is in my opinion right up there with it. It is a long time since I have enjoyed an album so much that it is nearly worn out!!!!! To me there is not a weak song on the album.

The playing and production of this album is just superb and so laid back. This is one album that will stand the test of time..

Buy it, you won't regret it....

5.0 out of 5 stars The great Robin Trower, 2 April 2013
This review is from: ROOTS AND BRANCHES (Audio CD)
It's a great CD in the Trower tradition, the new stuff is great and he takes a new slant on the classic rock n roll / R&B tracks.
Great sound, thanks Livie.
I recommend it to any electric blues fans as a must have.
Well done Robin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb as usual for Robin., 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Roots and Branches (MP3 Download)
Robin has been around a long time, first saw him - I think on the Old Grey Whistle Test - BBC, about 1976/7. And been listening to him ever since. Amazing sounds and wish I could get to a live concert... Not easy unless he comes to Qatar! Maybe one day.. Great stuff anyway. If you like blues and rock I think you'll enjoy this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Trower's Roots, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: ROOTS AND BRANCHES (Audio CD)
Nice of Robin Trower to show us his roots and he plays them his style. I particularly like his version of B.B.King's "The thrill is gone" - superb. The thrill ain't gone! He also has a couple of his own songs on there too which blend in really well with the covers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Trower plays the Blues Classics, 7 May 2013
This review is from: ROOTS AND BRANCHES (Audio CD)
As stated by others Robin Trower deserves much recognition for his expertise on the Guitar.He has a stle that some feel was a bit Hendrixy but does have his own quality burnung through.here takes blues classics he grew up with and adds his style.If you appreciate a good honest guitar player of Blues and more intricate guitar cds this will be up your street

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets!, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: ROOTS AND BRANCHES (Audio CD)
Robin Trower's Roots and Branches just works! So glad I stumbled across this. Great version of Hound Dog ( a song I've never really liked until now) and Little Red Rooster is magnificent. You should buy it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars TROWER POWER, 9 Feb 2013
M. Childs "badboybubby" (u.k.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ROOTS AND BRANCHES (Audio CD)
Robin does the business with this album with some great covers and pretty good originals, just not sure about him singing ,i like it but it's his American like vocal style i can't get my head around ,i'm looking forward to see Robin tour and perform these cuts ,i just love that guitar sound ,buy this to allow this Guitar Legend to continue crafting some great music with style and sensitivity.

4.0 out of 5 stars Trowers playing is as good as ever, 22 Dec 2013
J. V. Ingarfield "big john" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ROOTS AND BRANCHES (Audio CD)
I was pleasantly surprised by Mr. Trowers repertoire. His reworking of Hound dog is truly a great track.A few other gems too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›