Published 22 months ago by M. Drummond

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent customer service. Terrible computer.
Excellent customer service. Terrible computer.

Published 5 months ago by Ryan Pendlebury

5.0 out of 5 stars Used as a future proofed business rather than gaming PC. Very happy, 5 Jun. 2013
M. Drummond "Tasmin" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FX-4170 Gaming/Home PC with Windows 7 (AMD FX-4170 Four Core Bulldozer 4.30GHz CPU, WIFI, AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB DDR3 Graphics Card, 1TB Hard Drive, 8GB DDR3 Memory, HDMI 1080p, USB 3.0, Blue LED Case, pre-installed with Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium) (Personal Computers)
I bought this to use as my business PC, looking for an equivalent spec to the only Dell tower PC with 1080p video output. This came in cheaper, with all the bells and whistles I was looking for, i.e. wifi, USB3, good graphics card. 1080p is ideal for tax returns as you can have the HMRC website and your documents open side-by-side and it is VERY crisp clear. Although this is designed as a gaming PC, the higher spec means you can use it as a home or business PC for more years than a lesser PC which would need replaced sooner. I chose this one over another gaming PC because the Amazon reviews for the other highlighted the noisy fan. This is soooooo much quieter than my previous Dell PC. It boots up in a very short time too.

I was surprised to find the wifi was a mini dongle (thus taking up one of the USB2 ports), but it was easy to install and works well. This was the only bit of setup I had to do as i got it with windows 7 pre-installed. Using windows 7 over windows 8 saves a bit of cash over the equivalent Dell too. For video outputs you have a choice of VGA, HDMI and DVI, so whatever your monitor connection, this will do it.

Used the technical support over something that turned out to be my mistake (D'oh!) and was put through to someone knowledgeable very quickly. As they are a small company, technical support is provided by the people who design and build the PCs, rather than a lot of unskilled people who sit by a phone with a manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, great PC!, 8 Nov. 2014
Excellent value for money, and a great step up from my previous 3 year-old laptop! For those with a low budget like mine, this is a great way to get into the gaming computer market. I didn't want to go through the hassle of building my own gaming PC, so this pre-built one suited my needs perfectly.

Nice and flashy with blue LED fans, and easy to set up as well. No hassle at all, all I needed to do was take it out of the box, plug in my monitor mouse & keyboard, then plug in and turn on! All drivers were up-to-date, so no problem there.

In my computer, I got a free upgrade to the slightly better FX-4350 processor, and came with an installed wireless LAN card. Just needed to screw in the aerial for this at the back of the casing, which came in the empty motherboard box containing all the manuals and such. Full bar signal despite being in the opposite corner of my house from my WiFi router, which is impressive. Planning to upgrade to a Dual-band Wireless card soon, but this is great nonetheless!

Comes with a choice of a free game from a wide range which I have yet to decide upon!

Easy-to-access power button, two USB ports, microphone & headphone jack as well as a SD/MMC/MS port on the top of the casing, with another six USB ports in the back.

Arrived within a week, works like a charm so far, and so would definitely recommend to others!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best low budget gaming pc on Amazon right now., 12 July 2014
Graphics Quality

Bioshock 1, 2 - High
Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas - High
DayZ - Medium
Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2, Rome 2 Total War - High, Ultra

I can purchase any game I like now without having to worry about whether or not my computer will be able to handle the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great PC, Great customer support, 12 Aug. 2014
Originally bought this PC to fill the gap with a broken Laptop. Implications were bought up and I had the need to return the product, I sent an Email to the company and recieved no reply, however once I contacted again they very swiftly told me how to go about returning the product and apoligised for the slight hiccup, I really appreciate that kind of friendly service and I must say I've never spoke to people so kind when discussing returns of a product.

PC Itself is very nice. It's built well, runs well and is what you expect from a £400. It's not a revolution but it does what is says on the tin. The tower is built nice and parts looks easily replacable.

If you want a powerhouse, this is not the PC for you. The graphics card won't cut it for current gen games HOWEVER if you are looking for an affordable gaming PC, this is fantastic product

Thanks again to the people at the company for all the help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 8 May 2013
Bought this desktop pc for my son as he wanted a games pc for his birthday. its a great system plays any game you can think of. the only advice i would give is download the newest drivers for the hardware. I found that the graphics card was not working to its full potential,I downloaded the latest drivers and it worked fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good PC but can depend on what you want., 23 Jan. 2015
Solid PC, had an issue with the wind 7 key but called provider and it was sorted remotely and I was given a new key.
For those wondering, this computer CAN run most modern games if not all, quality however isn't certain.
It can League of Legends at around 80 FPS on highest settings (if you lower shadows down and turn character inking off, which are two very small changes that make a HUGE difference to FPS - shadow quality is meh in game appearance & character inking is a black outline around ALL units.

On the other hand, if you remember to switch to AMD Mantle, this game can run Dragon Age Inquisition at pretty good FPS, but I had to run on low/medium settings with anti-aliasing and such off, and in a non fullscreen window. I play alot of games like that so its not a huge issue to me, but if you want a PC that can max out the most recent big games, you'll need a few upgrades more than this PC.

Odds are however if you are the kinda laptop you buy at a supermarket for a few hundred pounds, this will be a rather huge upgrade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was expecting, and better!, 25 Jan. 2014
P. H. Burrows (U.K.) - See all my reviews
FIRST IMPRESSIONS (I have had this less than 24 hrs, these are my initial thoughts)

Everything came as described and coming from a now 3yr old laptop with 2.67GHz processor, I'm so impressed by the step up this provides. I didn't want the hassle of making my own and this was a really affordable PC with an excellent processor and above average Graphics card. I would consider upgrading this, but straight after I got it? I think I'll wait a year or so.

The setup was silky smooth, most of the drivers were up to date, literally plug in and play.

The "Wifi" is not a wifi PC card, but a usb dongle (TP-Link, 150 Mbps) and it works like a dream. not had any issues with it and playing an online game with a peer-to-peer net code it felt better than my default laptop wifi capabilities.

The free games I was offered were 1 of:
Hitman Absolution
Sleeping Dogs
Dirt 3 <--------- My choice(yet to try out)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution(a game I have bought previously for £3 in a steam sale)

[the same code also provides a discount for the full RAMdisk software]

The ONLY negative I have is the fact it didn't come sooner. I was waiting by my front door for over a week waiting for my new PC, the monitor sitting on my desk, crying for 6 days. Don't expect it to come within the week, be more realistic unlike me.

NB- The power button is on top of the casing, next to 2 USB, 1 mic and headphone, and an SD/MMC/MS slot
- 6 USB ports in the back
- DVD disc drive
- casing approx <45 cm high; <20 cm wide; <50 cm long

hope this helps, I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a place to start in the gaming PC market

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent customer service. Terrible computer., 29 Oct. 2014
Excellent customer service. Terrible computer.

I would not recommend buying this computer. For some reason something was just not right with it. It arrived promptly - I really cannot fault the companies customer service levels. However, the computer was just terrible. It forever froze on the starting BIOS screen which required a hard reset. The computer itself was just sluggish and extremely slow, despite having a good processor.

I'm no computer expert, but like I said something wasn't right. I bought this computer because I wanted it to play World of Warcraft on, which as I'm sure you're all aware is pretty low on the list of graphically demanding games. It would not run at more than 15 Frames Per Second. I've had crappy laptops that performed better than this computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good spec machine for the money, 25 Mar. 2014
Daniel Brown - See all my reviews
I cannot speak to its performance, as I haven’t really put it through hard paces yet. It should be powerful enough for Flight Simulator, which is maybe the only game I’ll do.

PROs
Free upgrade to a slightly faster processor, the FX-4350.
I’ve phoned a couple of times with questions, and received very helpful assistance.
It’s real quiet.
Nice to have 8 USBs, including 2 that are 3.0s. The two on the top are real handy.
Excellent value.

CONs
I would encourage AWD to include a bit more documentation for the non-sophisticated user. I am told there’s a 1-year warranty, and I have no worries about that. But a paper stating it would give peace of mind.
I understand that it’s not cost effective to include re-installation discs, and I now know how to make them from AWD’s advice. But it would be better if the computer came with a paragraph explaining that.
Likewise, I don’t know what all the sockets and ports are for. A schematic explaining them would be good for us non-techies.
Would be nice to be able to turn off the blue lights.

Overall, real happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast, 6 Sept. 2013
Im verry happy with this computer.Its fast for work and most new games. Im verry happy 5/5 from me .