Published 14 months ago by M. Drummond

3.0 out of 5 stars good gaming pc
good basic gaming PC. looks great! as it does in the picture.

only thing is wireless is not build in you receive a dongle which for me only connected a few times and now doesn't work at all, i just used a netgear wireless set-up to connect to the web which works great.

the other thing is i didn't get the 3 games with it, i emailed the sales team and...
Published 10 months ago by jnlcrossley

5.0 out of 5 stars Used as a future proofed business rather than gaming PC. Very happy, 5 Jun 2013
M. Drummond "Tasmin" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FX-4170 Gaming/Home PC with Windows 7 (AMD FX-4170 Four Core Bulldozer 4.30GHz CPU, WIFI, AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB DDR3 Graphics Card, 1TB Hard Drive, 8GB DDR3 Memory, HDMI 1080p, USB 3.0, Blue LED Case, pre-installed with Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium)
I bought this to use as my business PC, looking for an equivalent spec to the only Dell tower PC with 1080p video output. This came in cheaper, with all the bells and whistles I was looking for, i.e. wifi, USB3, good graphics card. 1080p is ideal for tax returns as you can have the HMRC website and your documents open side-by-side and it is VERY crisp clear. Although this is designed as a gaming PC, the higher spec means you can use it as a home or business PC for more years than a lesser PC which would need replaced sooner. I chose this one over another gaming PC because the Amazon reviews for the other highlighted the noisy fan. This is soooooo much quieter than my previous Dell PC. It boots up in a very short time too.

I was surprised to find the wifi was a mini dongle (thus taking up one of the USB2 ports), but it was easy to install and works well. This was the only bit of setup I had to do as i got it with windows 7 pre-installed. Using windows 7 over windows 8 saves a bit of cash over the equivalent Dell too. For video outputs you have a choice of VGA, HDMI and DVI, so whatever your monitor connection, this will do it.

Used the technical support over something that turned out to be my mistake (D'oh!) and was put through to someone knowledgeable very quickly. As they are a small company, technical support is provided by the people who design and build the PCs, rather than a lot of unskilled people who sit by a phone with a manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars gaming bundle, 30 Aug 2013
S Taylor - See all my reviews
i have already left my review and i loved the pc but if anyone is wondering about the games bundled with the pc, i got tomb raider and dirt showdown

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 8 May 2013
Bought this desktop pc for my son as he wanted a games pc for his birthday. its a great system plays any game you can think of. the only advice i would give is download the newest drivers for the hardware. I found that the graphics card was not working to its full potential,I downloaded the latest drivers and it worked fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless transaction, 1 Dec 2013
Ian Shelley (UK) - See all my reviews
We chose this one largely on the good reviews and it has lived up them. Exactly as described. Not had to use the support line yet but I'm sure that it'll be Ok. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pc., 26 Jun 2014
Prompt delivery, with no issues regarding postage. Regarding the actual PC, the processing power is phenomenal. 8 gb of ram is easily sufficient, and programs such as Sony Vegas and Adobe after effects work very will. However the graphics card lets it down a little bit, but it is understandable knowing the price. It can run most games at high graphics settings and 60 fps, however it will struggle to run the newest games, especially ones that weren't optimised for PC. I think the most important upgrade for anyone wanting to buy this is to get a better graphics card. By overall, a very good pc for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant first time gaming PC!, 20 July 2014
I bought this as my first gaming PC, and so far have not been disappointed. Set up was as simple as plugging in the power cord, and HDMI cable into my TV and I was ready to go after a few clicks of the mouse.
So far the only issues has come from the large amount of windows updates that didn't install properly, but after a little research I found a long winded route round this, as it seems to be a regular Windows 7 issue.

The PC came with 7 USB 2.0 ports and 3 USB 3.0 ports, which is plenty to add all the peripherals to the PC. The output ports for monitors are HDMI, VGA and DVI. It came with a little aerial that screws in to the back to pick up Wi-Fi (I assume) and I haven't had an internet problem with as of yet.

The PC itself is quite large, but I'm comparing this to my laptop which I had previously. It is very aesthetically pleasing with blue lights on the power button and front fan. The fan light can be turned off via a switch on the top if it is not something you wish to have on. Despite have a front and back fan running the PC runs really quietly, and I've found that a PS3/PS4 is actually louder than the PC!
Overall I am very pleased with my purchase and would recommend to anyone looking for a reasonably priced gaming PC.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Gamers Review, 15 Aug 2014
First of all, let me just say that this computer is great value for money and does the job of a gaming computer to a certain extent yet if you want to play games such as

Arma 3
War of the Roses
Grand theft auto 4
Archeage ( currently in alpha )

Then you will find yourself playing on low to medium settings to achieve a steady framerate
Whereas on the other hand you have games such as

Arma 2
Mafia 2
Minecraft ( runs on max settings on everything but chunk rendering maybe keep that on 8-9 )
League of Legends

This PC runs those games well but not at high ( excluding minecraft and lol ) either way this computer has a lot of power in terma of processor and RAM making it ideal for open world/sandbox games but i would heavily advise that you purchase a better GPU as games such as GTA 5 when it comes out on PC will most likely run on this pc with a good gpu, if you want ideas then i'd go for the r9 280x if you had some extra money to spend, otherwise i'd advise you to get a better GPU but overall this PC is extremely good value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was expecting, and better!, 25 Jan 2014
P. H. Burrows (U.K.) - See all my reviews
FIRST IMPRESSIONS (I have had this less than 24 hrs, these are my initial thoughts)

Everything came as described and coming from a now 3yr old laptop with 2.67GHz processor, I'm so impressed by the step up this provides. I didn't want the hassle of making my own and this was a really affordable PC with an excellent processor and above average Graphics card. I would consider upgrading this, but straight after I got it? I think I'll wait a year or so.

The setup was silky smooth, most of the drivers were up to date, literally plug in and play.

The "Wifi" is not a wifi PC card, but a usb dongle (TP-Link, 150 Mbps) and it works like a dream. not had any issues with it and playing an online game with a peer-to-peer net code it felt better than my default laptop wifi capabilities.

The free games I was offered were 1 of:
Hitman Absolution
Sleeping Dogs
Dirt 3 <--------- My choice(yet to try out)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution(a game I have bought previously for 3 in a steam sale)

[the same code also provides a discount for the full RAMdisk software]

The ONLY negative I have is the fact it didn't come sooner. I was waiting by my front door for over a week waiting for my new PC, the monitor sitting on my desk, crying for 6 days. Don't expect it to come within the week, be more realistic unlike me.

NB- The power button is on top of the casing, next to 2 USB, 1 mic and headphone, and an SD/MMC/MS slot
- 6 USB ports in the back
- DVD disc drive
- casing approx <45 cm high; <20 cm wide; <50 cm long

hope this helps, I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a place to start in the gaming PC market

5.0 out of 5 stars High Performance Gaming PC!, 26 July 2014
Great PC for low level gaming, unless you replace the gpu you will not be able to run all of the latest blockbuster games but for me I only wanted it for basic gaming on games such as League of legends, Day z, Minecraft ect which this PC can run on medium - high graphics. it also comes with 2 HDMI ports as well as a VGA port. The PC itself is extremely quiet ( quieter than my ps4 ). The great processor and 8gb of ram means that I can effortlessly run my games while also having an internet browser as well as a music program open at the same time which is a huge step up from my last computer. Delivery took 10 days which was longer than expected but the ADMI customer service were very helpful at keeping me up to date which what was going on, they were also able to give me Saints Row 4 as an apology for the delay. Overall I am very happy with my new pc and for the price it seems like great value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't worry like I did, this PC is extremely strong and perfect for gamers, 19 Mar 2014
dean mackin (Northern ireland) - See all my reviews
I don't want to rant but il give your basic review. This desktop is just fantastic. Me of all people, am over protective and paranoid about what I buy. I read such reviews like 'this can handle games no bother' then others say only on medium. But after spending time on it, I have downloaded games from steam including left 4 dead, it's already on full resolution, no lag, no ugliness to the unbelievable graphics, I've played for hours and yet not one bit of warm on the desktop as the fan continues to keep it cool, I do videos actively for YouTube so I record daily, rendering videos (which on this computer, 720 renders in 10 minutes) is fast and great. They already have everything set up for you so you can't get lost and better is, if you need help, they will reply within 15 minutes, they even called me to help. And it felt like I was just chatting to a friend more than anything.

Trust me, if you game a lot, with even games like l4d and dayZ, AND do YouTube videos, don't worry like I did, it's worth your money. Very much so