Published 17 months ago by M. Drummond

3.0 out of 5 stars good gaming pc
good basic gaming PC. looks great! as it does in the picture.

only thing is wireless is not build in you receive a dongle which for me only connected a few times and now doesn't work at all, i just used a netgear wireless set-up to connect to the web which works great.

the other thing is i didn't get the 3 games with it, i emailed the sales team and...
Published 13 months ago by jnlcrossley

5.0 out of 5 stars Used as a future proofed business rather than gaming PC. Very happy, 5 Jun 2013
M. Drummond "Tasmin" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FX-4170 Gaming/Home PC with Windows 7 (AMD FX-4170 Four Core Bulldozer 4.30GHz CPU, WIFI, AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB DDR3 Graphics Card, 1TB Hard Drive, 8GB DDR3 Memory, HDMI 1080p, USB 3.0, Blue LED Case, pre-installed with Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium) (Personal Computers)
I bought this to use as my business PC, looking for an equivalent spec to the only Dell tower PC with 1080p video output. This came in cheaper, with all the bells and whistles I was looking for, i.e. wifi, USB3, good graphics card. 1080p is ideal for tax returns as you can have the HMRC website and your documents open side-by-side and it is VERY crisp clear. Although this is designed as a gaming PC, the higher spec means you can use it as a home or business PC for more years than a lesser PC which would need replaced sooner. I chose this one over another gaming PC because the Amazon reviews for the other highlighted the noisy fan. This is soooooo much quieter than my previous Dell PC. It boots up in a very short time too.

I was surprised to find the wifi was a mini dongle (thus taking up one of the USB2 ports), but it was easy to install and works well. This was the only bit of setup I had to do as i got it with windows 7 pre-installed. Using windows 7 over windows 8 saves a bit of cash over the equivalent Dell too. For video outputs you have a choice of VGA, HDMI and DVI, so whatever your monitor connection, this will do it.

Used the technical support over something that turned out to be my mistake (D'oh!) and was put through to someone knowledgeable very quickly. As they are a small company, technical support is provided by the people who design and build the PCs, rather than a lot of unskilled people who sit by a phone with a manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good spec machine for the money, 25 Mar 2014
Daniel Brown - See all my reviews
I cannot speak to its performance, as I haven’t really put it through hard paces yet. It should be powerful enough for Flight Simulator, which is maybe the only game I’ll do.

PROs
Free upgrade to a slightly faster processor, the FX-4350.
I’ve phoned a couple of times with questions, and received very helpful assistance.
It’s real quiet.
Nice to have 8 USBs, including 2 that are 3.0s. The two on the top are real handy.
Excellent value.

CONs
I would encourage AWD to include a bit more documentation for the non-sophisticated user. I am told there’s a 1-year warranty, and I have no worries about that. But a paper stating it would give peace of mind.
I understand that it’s not cost effective to include re-installation discs, and I now know how to make them from AWD’s advice. But it would be better if the computer came with a paragraph explaining that.
Likewise, I don’t know what all the sockets and ports are for. A schematic explaining them would be good for us non-techies.
Would be nice to be able to turn off the blue lights.

Overall, real happy with the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 16 Sep 2013
This pc is very good however was slightly annoyed that the "Wi-Fi" was a usb dongle. Another issue I had was that my order said "Dispatching now" for 4 days but was eventually dispatched when I contacted ADMI. Overall the pc looks very good and runs the latest games on medium settings on my 32 inch tv at 50 to 60 fps. Very pleased with the product and would reccomend the pc to anyone along with the company. Thank you ADMI.

5.0 out of 5 stars gaming bundle, 30 Aug 2013
S Taylor - See all my reviews
i have already left my review and i loved the pc but if anyone is wondering about the games bundled with the pc, i got tomb raider and dirt showdown

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent computer for everything, 31 Oct 2014
An excellent computer for everything! I judged the computer on 5 main aspects:
1)Delivery-it did take 8 days to arrive but I was notified of this and so it did not bother me in the slightest. I was not in when it came so I was pleased to return home and find it was safely delivered to a neighbour, rather than having to go and collect it.
2)Aesthetics-It is tall but sleek and looks quit pleasing, the blue light is a nice brightness and looks lovely. To be honest, the picture of this item (in my opinion) actually lets it down.
3)Set-up-I took it out of the box, hooked everything up quickly and turned it on. I typed in the code to activate windows 7 and was ready.
4)Customer Service- I had a problem with the windows 7 key and with the network adapter, but after getting support from these guys, its all fixed (they actually have an understanding of computers). They also respond fairly rapidly and are understanding/courteous.
5) [the most important]-Performance-this pc is great at playing games like minecraft, cod (custom zombies etc) and more, but the more recent games will not play well on this machine. However, I primarily needed this pc to record gameplays for youtube and to render videos. My old pc was not meant for anything above internet browsing, so absolutely failed at recording gameplay with the elgato on xbox (as the footage went corrupt), but since using this pc, I can record without any issue. As for rendering, I use Vegas pro 12/13 and my old laptop took around 20-30 seconds to "render" 1 second of video footage (around 0.05 seconds of video footage rendered in an actual second) whereas this computer does the same rendering process but can render 1 second of video footage in around 1-2 seconds, i.e. if I rendered 60 seconds of gameplay it would take between 1-2 minutes in real life. The wifi adapter was not very good and it was fixed temporarily after customer support but i have replaced the wifi adapter with a really long Ethernet cable, which works even better-this wifi card/network adapter is something you WILL probably need to consider, but its a minor problem. As mentioned before it runs MOST basic games smoothly with high fps.

Overall
---------
A great PC for the price (great value for money) and will be good for you if you record/render videos on youtube and/or play the more basic games like minecraft (still really fun though!!!). If you browse internet/use for homework/work documents etc this pc will also suffice. Finally, if you are looking for extreme gaming with new game releases etc then this pc needs an upgraded graphics card etc, so will not be good on its own. Really happy with purchase and I hope that this review helps you decide whether this computer is for you or not. :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, great PC!, 8 Nov 2014
Excellent value for money, and a great step up from my previous 3 year-old laptop! For those with a low budget like mine, this is a great way to get into the gaming computer market. I didn't want to go through the hassle of building my own gaming PC, so this pre-built one suited my needs perfectly.

Nice and flashy with blue LED fans, and easy to set up as well. No hassle at all, all I needed to do was take it out of the box, plug in my monitor mouse & keyboard, then plug in and turn on! All drivers were up-to-date, so no problem there.

In my computer, I got a free upgrade to the slightly better FX-4350 processor, and came with an installed wireless LAN card. Just needed to screw in the aerial for this at the back of the casing, which came in the empty motherboard box containing all the manuals and such. Full bar signal despite being in the opposite corner of my house from my WiFi router, which is impressive. Planning to upgrade to a Dual-band Wireless card soon, but this is great nonetheless!

Comes with a choice of a free game from a wide range which I have yet to decide upon!

Easy-to-access power button, two USB ports, microphone & headphone jack as well as a SD/MMC/MS port on the top of the casing, with another six USB ports in the back.

Arrived within a week, works like a charm so far, and so would definitely recommend to others!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was expecting, and better!, 25 Jan 2014
P. H. Burrows (U.K.) - See all my reviews
FIRST IMPRESSIONS (I have had this less than 24 hrs, these are my initial thoughts)

Everything came as described and coming from a now 3yr old laptop with 2.67GHz processor, I'm so impressed by the step up this provides. I didn't want the hassle of making my own and this was a really affordable PC with an excellent processor and above average Graphics card. I would consider upgrading this, but straight after I got it? I think I'll wait a year or so.

The setup was silky smooth, most of the drivers were up to date, literally plug in and play.

The "Wifi" is not a wifi PC card, but a usb dongle (TP-Link, 150 Mbps) and it works like a dream. not had any issues with it and playing an online game with a peer-to-peer net code it felt better than my default laptop wifi capabilities.

The free games I was offered were 1 of:
Hitman Absolution
Sleeping Dogs
Dirt 3 <--------- My choice(yet to try out)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution(a game I have bought previously for £3 in a steam sale)

[the same code also provides a discount for the full RAMdisk software]

The ONLY negative I have is the fact it didn't come sooner. I was waiting by my front door for over a week waiting for my new PC, the monitor sitting on my desk, crying for 6 days. Don't expect it to come within the week, be more realistic unlike me.

NB- The power button is on top of the casing, next to 2 USB, 1 mic and headphone, and an SD/MMC/MS slot
- 6 USB ports in the back
- DVD disc drive
- casing approx <45 cm high; <20 cm wide; <50 cm long

hope this helps, I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a place to start in the gaming PC market

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 8 May 2013
Bought this desktop pc for my son as he wanted a games pc for his birthday. its a great system plays any game you can think of. the only advice i would give is download the newest drivers for the hardware. I found that the graphics card was not working to its full potential,I downloaded the latest drivers and it worked fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great PC, Great customer support, 12 Aug 2014
Originally bought this PC to fill the gap with a broken Laptop. Implications were bought up and I had the need to return the product, I sent an Email to the company and recieved no reply, however once I contacted again they very swiftly told me how to go about returning the product and apoligised for the slight hiccup, I really appreciate that kind of friendly service and I must say I've never spoke to people so kind when discussing returns of a product.

PC Itself is very nice. It's built well, runs well and is what you expect from a £400. It's not a revolution but it does what is says on the tin. The tower is built nice and parts looks easily replacable.

If you want a powerhouse, this is not the PC for you. The graphics card won't cut it for current gen games HOWEVER if you are looking for an affordable gaming PC, this is fantastic product

Thanks again to the people at the company for all the help.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best low budget gaming pc on Amazon right now., 12 July 2014
Graphics Quality

Bioshock 1, 2 - High
Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas - High
DayZ - Medium
Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2, Rome 2 Total War - High, Ultra

I can purchase any game I like now without having to worry about whether or not my computer will be able to handle the game.