Published 17 months ago by M. Drummond

3.0 out of 5 stars good gaming pc
good basic gaming PC. looks great! as it does in the picture.

only thing is wireless is not build in you receive a dongle which for me only connected a few times and now doesn't work at all, i just used a netgear wireless set-up to connect to the web which works great.

the other thing is i didn't get the 3 games with it, i emailed the sales team and...
Published 12 months ago by jnlcrossley

5.0 out of 5 stars Used as a future proofed business rather than gaming PC. Very happy, 5 Jun 2013
M. Drummond "Tasmin" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FX-4170 Gaming/Home PC with Windows 7 (AMD FX-4170 Four Core Bulldozer 4.30GHz CPU, WIFI, AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB DDR3 Graphics Card, 1TB Hard Drive, 8GB DDR3 Memory, HDMI 1080p, USB 3.0, Blue LED Case, pre-installed with Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium) (Personal Computers)
I bought this to use as my business PC, looking for an equivalent spec to the only Dell tower PC with 1080p video output. This came in cheaper, with all the bells and whistles I was looking for, i.e. wifi, USB3, good graphics card. 1080p is ideal for tax returns as you can have the HMRC website and your documents open side-by-side and it is VERY crisp clear. Although this is designed as a gaming PC, the higher spec means you can use it as a home or business PC for more years than a lesser PC which would need replaced sooner. I chose this one over another gaming PC because the Amazon reviews for the other highlighted the noisy fan. This is soooooo much quieter than my previous Dell PC. It boots up in a very short time too.

I was surprised to find the wifi was a mini dongle (thus taking up one of the USB2 ports), but it was easy to install and works well. This was the only bit of setup I had to do as i got it with windows 7 pre-installed. Using windows 7 over windows 8 saves a bit of cash over the equivalent Dell too. For video outputs you have a choice of VGA, HDMI and DVI, so whatever your monitor connection, this will do it.

Used the technical support over something that turned out to be my mistake (D'oh!) and was put through to someone knowledgeable very quickly. As they are a small company, technical support is provided by the people who design and build the PCs, rather than a lot of unskilled people who sit by a phone with a manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars gaming bundle, 30 Aug 2013
S Taylor - See all my reviews
i have already left my review and i loved the pc but if anyone is wondering about the games bundled with the pc, i got tomb raider and dirt showdown

5.0 out of 5 stars Good spec machine for the money, 25 Mar 2014
Daniel Brown - See all my reviews
I cannot speak to its performance, as I haven’t really put it through hard paces yet. It should be powerful enough for Flight Simulator, which is maybe the only game I’ll do.

PROs
Free upgrade to a slightly faster processor, the FX-4350.
I’ve phoned a couple of times with questions, and received very helpful assistance.
It’s real quiet.
Nice to have 8 USBs, including 2 that are 3.0s. The two on the top are real handy.
Excellent value.

CONs
I would encourage AWD to include a bit more documentation for the non-sophisticated user. I am told there’s a 1-year warranty, and I have no worries about that. But a paper stating it would give peace of mind.
I understand that it’s not cost effective to include re-installation discs, and I now know how to make them from AWD’s advice. But it would be better if the computer came with a paragraph explaining that.
Likewise, I don’t know what all the sockets and ports are for. A schematic explaining them would be good for us non-techies.
Would be nice to be able to turn off the blue lights.

Overall, real happy with the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 16 Sep 2013
This pc is very good however was slightly annoyed that the "Wi-Fi" was a usb dongle. Another issue I had was that my order said "Dispatching now" for 4 days but was eventually dispatched when I contacted ADMI. Overall the pc looks very good and runs the latest games on medium settings on my 32 inch tv at 50 to 60 fps. Very pleased with the product and would reccomend the pc to anyone along with the company. Thank you ADMI.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was expecting, and better!, 25 Jan 2014
P. H. Burrows (U.K.) - See all my reviews
FIRST IMPRESSIONS (I have had this less than 24 hrs, these are my initial thoughts)

Everything came as described and coming from a now 3yr old laptop with 2.67GHz processor, I'm so impressed by the step up this provides. I didn't want the hassle of making my own and this was a really affordable PC with an excellent processor and above average Graphics card. I would consider upgrading this, but straight after I got it? I think I'll wait a year or so.

The setup was silky smooth, most of the drivers were up to date, literally plug in and play.

The "Wifi" is not a wifi PC card, but a usb dongle (TP-Link, 150 Mbps) and it works like a dream. not had any issues with it and playing an online game with a peer-to-peer net code it felt better than my default laptop wifi capabilities.

The free games I was offered were 1 of:
Hitman Absolution
Sleeping Dogs
Dirt 3 <--------- My choice(yet to try out)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution(a game I have bought previously for £3 in a steam sale)

[the same code also provides a discount for the full RAMdisk software]

The ONLY negative I have is the fact it didn't come sooner. I was waiting by my front door for over a week waiting for my new PC, the monitor sitting on my desk, crying for 6 days. Don't expect it to come within the week, be more realistic unlike me.

NB- The power button is on top of the casing, next to 2 USB, 1 mic and headphone, and an SD/MMC/MS slot
- 6 USB ports in the back
- DVD disc drive
- casing approx <45 cm high; <20 cm wide; <50 cm long

hope this helps, I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a place to start in the gaming PC market

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 8 May 2013
Bought this desktop pc for my son as he wanted a games pc for his birthday. its a great system plays any game you can think of. the only advice i would give is download the newest drivers for the hardware. I found that the graphics card was not working to its full potential,I downloaded the latest drivers and it worked fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great PC, Great customer support, 12 Aug 2014
Originally bought this PC to fill the gap with a broken Laptop. Implications were bought up and I had the need to return the product, I sent an Email to the company and recieved no reply, however once I contacted again they very swiftly told me how to go about returning the product and apoligised for the slight hiccup, I really appreciate that kind of friendly service and I must say I've never spoke to people so kind when discussing returns of a product.

PC Itself is very nice. It's built well, runs well and is what you expect from a £400. It's not a revolution but it does what is says on the tin. The tower is built nice and parts looks easily replacable.

If you want a powerhouse, this is not the PC for you. The graphics card won't cut it for current gen games HOWEVER if you are looking for an affordable gaming PC, this is fantastic product

Thanks again to the people at the company for all the help.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best low budget gaming pc on Amazon right now., 12 July 2014
Graphics Quality

Bioshock 1, 2 - High
Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas - High
DayZ - Medium
Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2, Rome 2 Total War - High, Ultra

I can purchase any game I like now without having to worry about whether or not my computer will be able to handle the game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product,no after sales service.WiFi was an issue with mine., 27 Oct 2014
Would have been a 5 star review but for one problem,I have occasional net connection issues,(not my ISP) and I believe the PC needs a better WiFi PCI card,which I am perfectly happy to upgrade myself,at my own expense,have emailed seller twice just to ask if they can advise on one that might be compatible(just to make sure before I buy it),they have yet to respond after several weeks,when I initially bought the PC I also had an issue with the WiFi set up and they failed to respond to an Email regards this issue also,they make an overall good product but seem to have decided they want nothing to do with after purchase support even on basic questions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast, 6 Sep 2013
Im verry happy with this computer.Its fast for work and most new games. Im verry happy 5/5 from me .