Published 13 months ago by M. Drummond

3.0 out of 5 stars good gaming pc
good basic gaming PC. looks great! as it does in the picture.

only thing is wireless is not build in you receive a dongle which for me only connected a few times and now doesn't work at all, i just used a netgear wireless set-up to connect to the web which works great.

the other thing is i didn't get the 3 games with it, i emailed the sales team and...
Published 9 months ago by jnlcrossley

5.0 out of 5 stars Used as a future proofed business rather than gaming PC. Very happy, 5 Jun 2013
M. Drummond "Tasmin" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FX-4170 Gaming/Home PC with Windows 7 (AMD FX-4170 Four Core Bulldozer 4.30GHz CPU, WIFI, AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB DDR3 Graphics Card, 1TB Hard Drive, 8GB DDR3 Memory, HDMI 1080p, USB 3.0, Blue LED Case, pre-installed with Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium)
I bought this to use as my business PC, looking for an equivalent spec to the only Dell tower PC with 1080p video output. This came in cheaper, with all the bells and whistles I was looking for, i.e. wifi, USB3, good graphics card. 1080p is ideal for tax returns as you can have the HMRC website and your documents open side-by-side and it is VERY crisp clear. Although this is designed as a gaming PC, the higher spec means you can use it as a home or business PC for more years than a lesser PC which would need replaced sooner. I chose this one over another gaming PC because the Amazon reviews for the other highlighted the noisy fan. This is soooooo much quieter than my previous Dell PC. It boots up in a very short time too.

I was surprised to find the wifi was a mini dongle (thus taking up one of the USB2 ports), but it was easy to install and works well. This was the only bit of setup I had to do as i got it with windows 7 pre-installed. Using windows 7 over windows 8 saves a bit of cash over the equivalent Dell too. For video outputs you have a choice of VGA, HDMI and DVI, so whatever your monitor connection, this will do it.

Used the technical support over something that turned out to be my mistake (D'oh!) and was put through to someone knowledgeable very quickly. As they are a small company, technical support is provided by the people who design and build the PCs, rather than a lot of unskilled people who sit by a phone with a manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars gaming bundle, 30 Aug 2013
S Taylor - See all my reviews
i have already left my review and i loved the pc but if anyone is wondering about the games bundled with the pc, i got tomb raider and dirt showdown

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant PC, brilliant performance!, 24 Jun 2014
First of all, may I just say that this PC is phenomenal. It has so many brilliant and fantastic features that make it a dream to use at any given time. I use this for gaming purposes mainly, and so far I've used it to play Minecraft (I'll show how well in a minute), DotA 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Before I inform you on performance of these titles, let me just describe the product to you.

Firstly, it's DEAD SILENT. If it ever starts to make a bit of noise, it's normally due to the interior components beginning to heat up; if this is the case, all you need to do is switch the front and rear fans to high, using the little switches located on top of the PC. Within a matter of seconds the PC is quiet and you can just switch the fans back to a low setting and the PC will run without loud noises once again.

It's start time and shut down times are brilliant (this is due to the brilliant CPU installed - the 4.2 GHZ processor speed very clearly demonstrates how fast it is.

What one must remember is that if you do encounter any faults with downloading something (like a game) or uploading something (like a video onto YouTube) it's probably not the PC causing slowness, it's most likely your router so don't feel inclined to send your PC back when actually it's probably running fine and your router is causing the problems - that's just a side note.

Performance now!

My last laptop played Minecraft at roughly 30fps on render distance 2 (the equivalent of tiny). This PC can very easily play Minecraft at 7-8 chunks with a solid 57-60fps, with little or no noticeable lag. Now this is fantastic and just goes to show the power of the PC. I've played on Survival Games maps with lots of buildings which can bring about lag, this PC? No problem.

DotA 2 hasn't had any problems AT ALL, and Star Wars:The Old Republic plays like a dream.

All in all, a phenomenal PC that is more than worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good machine, good price, 29 May 2014
Antony Avella "mrgold101" (London) - See all my reviews
Have spent quite a lot of time looking at various 'gaming' PCs, and unless you are willing to spend 600+ I found that in most cases where the specs are high in one part of the machine, corners tend to be cut in others. For example, if a machine has decent RAM and a fast processor it is common to see it cut back by having on-board graphics which are not normally good enough to play new releases on anything other than low settings, and similarly if it does have a decent GPU then it will invariably have low RAM/average processor/or low capacity HDD.
When I stumbled across this machine it ticked all of the specification boxes for me and was just within my budget, so I thought it would be a safe bet. It arrived within a couple of days and everything worked perfectly first time. Have played some decent games on it including the new Wolfenstein release on high settings so I think it could cope with most games reasonably well. It is quiet and looks good, so overall very happy. There is only one PCI E slot available so doesn't leave much room for additional components (I had to choose between a sound card and ethernet card and ultimately went for the sound card as the wifi dongle seems to work very well). No concerns in recommending this to anyone, a decent budget gaming PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was expecting, and better!, 25 Jan 2014
P. H. Burrows (U.K.) - See all my reviews
FIRST IMPRESSIONS (I have had this less than 24 hrs, these are my initial thoughts)

Everything came as described and coming from a now 3yr old laptop with 2.67GHz processor, I'm so impressed by the step up this provides. I didn't want the hassle of making my own and this was a really affordable PC with an excellent processor and above average Graphics card. I would consider upgrading this, but straight after I got it? I think I'll wait a year or so.

The setup was silky smooth, most of the drivers were up to date, literally plug in and play.

The "Wifi" is not a wifi PC card, but a usb dongle (TP-Link, 150 Mbps) and it works like a dream. not had any issues with it and playing an online game with a peer-to-peer net code it felt better than my default laptop wifi capabilities.

The free games I was offered were 1 of:
Hitman Absolution
Sleeping Dogs
Dirt 3 <--------- My choice(yet to try out)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution(a game I have bought previously for 3 in a steam sale)

[the same code also provides a discount for the full RAMdisk software]

The ONLY negative I have is the fact it didn't come sooner. I was waiting by my front door for over a week waiting for my new PC, the monitor sitting on my desk, crying for 6 days. Don't expect it to come within the week, be more realistic unlike me.

NB- The power button is on top of the casing, next to 2 USB, 1 mic and headphone, and an SD/MMC/MS slot
- 6 USB ports in the back
- DVD disc drive
- casing approx <45 cm high; <20 cm wide; <50 cm long

hope this helps, I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a place to start in the gaming PC market

4.0 out of 5 stars Good gaming PC, 13 Jan 2014
Good gaming PC , for someone who want s to play modern games , but is not yet made of money.
Pleasant "Halo" inspired case .
There was a delay in delivery , but seller made full hearted effort to accomodate

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't worry like I did, this PC is extremely strong and perfect for gamers, 19 Mar 2014
dean mackin (Northern ireland) - See all my reviews
I don't want to rant but il give your basic review. This desktop is just fantastic. Me of all people, am over protective and paranoid about what I buy. I read such reviews like 'this can handle games no bother' then others say only on medium. But after spending time on it, I have downloaded games from steam including left 4 dead, it's already on full resolution, no lag, no ugliness to the unbelievable graphics, I've played for hours and yet not one bit of warm on the desktop as the fan continues to keep it cool, I do videos actively for YouTube so I record daily, rendering videos (which on this computer, 720 renders in 10 minutes) is fast and great. They already have everything set up for you so you can't get lost and better is, if you need help, they will reply within 15 minutes, they even called me to help. And it felt like I was just chatting to a friend more than anything.

Trust me, if you game a lot, with even games like l4d and dayZ, AND do YouTube videos, don't worry like I did, it's worth your money. Very much so

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 8 May 2013
Bought this desktop pc for my son as he wanted a games pc for his birthday. its a great system plays any game you can think of. the only advice i would give is download the newest drivers for the hardware. I found that the graphics card was not working to its full potential,I downloaded the latest drivers and it worked fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect First Gaming PC, 15 May 2014
Looked round for a couple of weeks for a gaming PC and when I found this I got it almost straight away. It has the best specs for the price range that I could find.
So far I have only played DayZ, Arma 2 and Battlefield 3 (Which came with the PC), I have had all 3 of these games running at the highest graphics settings and the PC has coped absolutely fine for the hours I have been playing.
Although it would of been nice to be able to track the PC delivery it came in the early end of his delivery dates and was well packaged.
Only had to register the windows software and the pc was ready to go.
I would defiantly recommend this to any amateur PC gamer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Starter Gaming PC, 31 Mar 2014
After almost burning out my laptop, that although decent was in no way built for gaming I decided to take the plunge and get a gaming set up. Having limited funds and lot of research I went with this one and so far it has played everything I have thrown at it easily. It is no way the super amazing specs that some gaming PCs or gamers demand but as a starting gaming PC I can not fault it at all. Its quiet, even with multi fans. Delivery was on time and well worth the price.