5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Rock Album of the Year
I got my copy of Snakecharmer this morning and it's been on constant repeat. I cannot praise this album highly enough, as you would expect from some of the countries finest rock musicians they deliver an album of superb quality - exceptional musicianship, lyrics, vocals and production with not a single weaker track.

This not only reminds of the classic...
Published 15 months ago by Rocking Weeble

3.0 out of 5 stars American sound
As a classic rock fan, I was really looking forward to receiving this album. However, all I can say is it's OK but it's not brilliant. Sometimes it takes a while for an album to grow on me, which is fair enough, but I'm put off by Chris Ousey's annoying vocal style. All he does is "belt it out", he has no dynamics or versatility, he sounds pretty much like Jon Bon Jovi,...
Published 13 months ago by M. Cochrane

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Rock Album of the Year, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Snakecharmer (Audio CD)

This not only reminds of the classic Whitesnake line up, it surpasses it and will leave you staggered at its brilliance, your foot tapping, singing your heart out (the songs are all instant classics and memorable) and reaching for the air guitar.

If you love classic rock or blues-rock from the late 70s and early 80s buy this album right now, Micky and Laurie each play superb guitar and solos and weave them together in a breathtaking display of skill, Neil and Harry bring a rhythm pairing equal to Alan Lancaster and John Coghlan of Quo at the height of their powers, Adam Wakeman adds subtle and superbly bluesy hammond organ and what can I say about Chris Ousey? This is his best vocal performance of any of his recordings. Strong, passionate, rocking and blues-laden, David Coverdale - yesterdays man.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper bluesy hard rock, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: Snakecharmer (MP3 Download)
This is the direction that Whitesnake should have gone in back in the 80s rather than the big hair glam metal of 1987 and Slip of the Tongue. I guess we know who the real talent of that legendary early line up was now (Moody, Murray and Marsden).

If you are a fan of those early Whitesnake days (the Moody/Murray connection here) and Bad Company, then you will love this band. The singer, Chris Ousey (who incidentally is right up there with the best vocalists in the country at the moment) even has an air of Paul Rogers about him which is definitely no bad thing.

This year promises to be a good year for hard and classic rock releases and we are off to a flying start with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars New supergroup show how it should be done, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Snakecharmer (Audio CD)
Great CD by this new band featuring some former Whitesnake memebers. Comparisons are going to be made, and not unfairly, as this does have a more than slight hint of pre 1987 Whitesnake.But Chris Ousey's vocals are far superior to modern day Coverdale, and Micky Moody has lost none of his smoothness on guitar. Neil Murray and Harry James are about as good as it gets as a rhythm section, driving everything along in style. Add into the mix Laurie Wisefield's guitar and keyboards from Adam Wakeman, and you have a line up to drool over. The 13 track CD is made up of classic hard blues rock, with a couple of ballards and a hint of late 70s AOR, which all sound fresh and crisp. This is the kind of album blues rock fans have been crying out for, and I hope it's the first of many from this true supergroup!

5.0 out of 5 stars I CAN LISTEN TO THIS OVER AND OVER AGAIN.........., 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Snakecharmer (Audio CD)
I have seen Snakecharmer live a couple of times now, the last being at The Cambridge Rock Festival 2012, where they were definitely the stand out band of the weekend. (John Young played instead of Adam Wakeman before anyone mentions this). Hence I was looking forwards to hearing the new album.

With a fantastic collection of musicians, most of whom I have admired for years. My newest discovery is Adam Wakeman, who is mega talented, and the singer Chris Ousey, who I haven't heard of before. He is doing an amazing job fronting this great band.

When I play an album that appeals to me, it is repeated over and over again in the car, where I spend a lot of time. I love it, when I can sing along and really go with the music........ and this album is one of those. It takes me back to the good old days of real Rock n'Roll, easy to get into and I love Chris's voice......there is something very raw and sexy about it. Guys might look for something different, me, I want something that speaks to my heart, uplifts me and I think.....wow, when can I go and see them live again? Great album, love it.....

5.0 out of 5 stars SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUPERB, 24 Jan 2013
Mr Blackwell (scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Snakecharmer (Audio CD)
If your ready and willin,then come and get it,slide it in,press play and smile ,cos' this is an absolute treat from start to finish.Music for the older generation,if anyone under 30 gets it,great,welcome to the party,its old rockers making veteran fans very happy indeed.

From the opening moments of 'My Angel' its obvious the template is Whitesnake but its the band of old,the one we pine for,listen to the superb twin harmony lead guitar on 'Accident Prone',admit it you've got a grin from ear to ear,so it continues,smooth vocals vying with simple but effective lead guitar underpinned with a solid rythmn section complimented with understated but effective keyboards.

There's not a duff track on this disc,thankfully they shied away from any 'Snake covers,they can fill out the live set,here's hoping they tour.
How high do i rate this? well it could happily sit alongside 'Ready n Willin' & 'Come and Get It',its easily as good.

superb stuff,great musos,great band especially having Laurie Wisefield back rockin',Snake's the obvious influence,but you can hear a little Ash,Thunder,nods to Bad Co,hopefully the start of a real 'supergroup',here's to then future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whitesnake?, 24 April 2013
There's some great vocals on this CD along with Mick Moody's guitar work,
Can't really fault it it does what it says on the tin.

5.0 out of 5 stars DAMN FINE ALBUM, 1 Mar 2013
Lucioperca (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snakecharmer (Audio CD)
I first saw this band in 2011 under the guise of Monsters of British Rock at the Skegness Rock and Blues Weekend where this exact line-up played a full retro Whitesnake set (circe Moody & Marsden era) and they totally blitzed the place and Micky Moody put on a virtuoso performance. So I was excited to hear they had an album coming out and immediately fell in love with the launch single Accident prone when I first heard it on Planet Rock. Its a good barometer for the standard of music on the rest of the album. Most albums tend to have at least one, maybe two tracks that you could give a miss but this is a collection of really strong tracks and I love the whole package. I have read a few of the reviews here and am surprised by some of the comments about Chris Ousey. I think he has a great voice and if you read the sleeve he had a hand in writing most of the songs - I for one think he gives a good voal performance. On top of that I think Mickey Moody has been careful not to repeat past experiences and get involved with a guy with an ego the size of DCs. Once bitten and all that ..........

All in all a really good debut album from a collection of rock veterans. I would strongly recpommend it as a purchase and try to catch them touring this year - they are a really good tight live act.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star rock, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Snakecharmer (Audio CD)
I bought this on the having loved early Whitesnake albums, and having been disappointed by their direction in the big hair days of the 80's. Having read reviews of this album it seemed this might be a missing link, and it is. There are no fillers on this album and it rocks from track 1 to track 12.

The only disappointment for me is that I was not able to buy this on vinyl, but you can't have everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars great music, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Snakecharmer (Audio CD)
I hope these guys stay together as this is superb and I have not stopped playing it since it arrived through the post. Brilliant, I can hardly wait for the next album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blues-Rock Old School Gem, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Snakecharmer (Audio CD)
This album is exactly what I expected from these classic rock stalwarts:

Tasty blues-rock riffing and twin-lead sweetness over a solid rhythm section provide a convincing canvas for Chris Ousey's voice to weave the stories of love and hard times in true classic rock style.

This is the first album for the band and, as such, it puts down a marker of class and quality for the future. They will tour and hone the songs playing live and I have no doubt several of them will become crowd favourites at gigs.

For me, 'Accident Prone' is a winner and I really like the guitar on 'Turn Of The Screw'.

A solid start - got to see them live!

ARRAY(0xac2be4e0)