5.0 out of 5 stars Great gaming keyboard

Published 4 months ago by VISMINIUKAS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gaming keyboard, 31 Dec 2013
Mobious (Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
Well I spend some time looking at keyboards as had the whole conversation as to which is best mechanical or a low profile keyboard. I have found this keyboard to be excellent. I play a lot of FPS, RTS and MMOs and so you can program the macro keys for different commands through the downloaded software. It has a good feel to it and I have some friends who have seen it and are now considering purchasing it for themselves. Great job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best non-mechanical keyboard you can get., 20 July 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
I was bored so I bought one of these to replace my low profile Logitech keyboard

The fact that this keyboard has low profile keys is very nice, it makes typing and gaming require so much less effort.

As with any other Razer product, you should use Razer Synapse 2.0 to get the best out of it. Through this is was able to rebind the useless right click button to task manager, the scrolllock button to mute mic and create create profiles for all my games.

The backlight is amazingly bright and the famous Razer green colour.

However, it is expensive, especially when you consider it isn't mechanical. Another issue I occasionally get is when I'm playing an fps and the keyboard jams, requiring me to unplug and replug it.

Edit: Built a new computer and no longer seem to have jamming issue, probably a problem with the port or motherboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
I love this keyboard. It's joy using it.
It feels great typing with it, the green backlight is very bright (configurable), and it has some cool features like the gaming mode and those macros.

Every single key is completely customizable. For example: you can switch the Y and Z keys, if you're not using the UK system language.

Also the palm rest is awesome. Your hands won't slip off, and like I've said before- feels great while using it.

About the shipment...it took them 1 week to get the item from UK to Central Europe, which is OK IMO.
They've sent me the exact time of arrival, and it came on that day.

And after all...this is Razer we're talking about. So you can count on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love it., 24 Oct 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
Having used it since its arrival, I can honestly say that the Razer DeathStalker Expert Gaming Keyboard is among the best keyboards I have ever used. Probably only going to be surpassed by the Mac keyboards. The build quality is perfect, as expected, the software (Synapse 2.0) is great for beginners and hard-core gamers alike and it is just fantastic to use.

However, if I was to make complaints:
1. The keys, while they are Chiclet keys, they are still loud. It is not the audible ‘click’, more just the contact between finger and key. It is not nearly as loud as a regular mechanical keyboard however!
2. The cord from the keyboard is not braided, meaning that it might not last as long if this is intended for a lot of moving (LAN parties and the likes).
3. There are no dedicated macro keys. As a gamer, this was something I was looking for but decided it was not a necessity because I will purchase the Naga or Logitech’s G600 in order to get the extra few buttons.

Really, these are the only things I see missing from this keyboard. They are not really complaints, more observations. While a USB port on the keyboard would have been a nice addition, it would still take up an extra port on your PC, so it is really just for practicality.

All in all, it is an excellent product. As a Razer product, it lives up to its expectations and I am extremely happy with my purchase. If the 3 points previously made are not a deal-breaker for you, this is a excellent keyboard. The ‘Made for Gamers’ approach for all Razer products may deter you, this is a great keyboard for general tasks too! I will be using it for a lot of college work and a lot of general typing! (Including this review)

I would most definitely recommend this product. Enjoy your purchase!

3.0 out of 5 stars No exchange no repair, 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
I bought this keyboard 4 months ago. Until now everything was good, it was working perfect but now I have a problem with this item. I bought it for gaming and now one keyboard's button is working not properly so I can not play so good like before. I tried to check in Amazon website if I could exchange or repair it but it is impossible because this keyboard warranty is not working anymore and Amazon can not do nothing. Now I don't know what I should do with this keyboard. I am disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Quality., 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
From a Gamer's perspective looking for a keyboard that has to fit the bill could take hours. For this reason i did a bit of research on Razer and its other products.

For the price and quality of the product it is a win win.

The back-lit keys have the perfect brightness for when you're playing in the dark and if you're feeling fancy you could use synapse 2.0 and set the lighting to a pulsing effect.

Movement across the keys are smooth, If you're quick at typing like myself there are minimal errors, the keys are a perfect size also. The Font of the keys is... Different but you adjust easily.

The wrist rest is at the perfect angle and it just feels comfortable.

For price and quality i recommend this keyboard 100%

Only thing that spoiled the experience through amazon was the Courier 'City-Link' They made a massive balls up and would never recommend using them again, i just hope my next order isn't delivered through them

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny!, 8 Sep 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
This is an amazing keyboard! It is my second keyboard from the infamous Razer company, and I'm extremely impressed. The build quality is good, not as good as their 'Blackwidow' mechanical series; but as membrane keyboards go? I was very surprised and delighted. For any gamers out there, the response is fast and accurate. With the back-lighting not being overly powerful, it means at night, you aren't overwhelmed with the green glow of the keys. My only complaint with this keyboard would be the ways the key's are designed, it appears that sometimes I have to put some real force to get the key to fully go down and respond to my input. For any Youtube recorders, this keyboard is very quiet and assuming you have a good microphone, generally won't be picked up unless you're 'mashing' the keys. Hope this helped!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly Perfect, 14 Nov 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
It's a great keyboard it feels strong, well built and the keys are unite nice to type on. I previously had a Logitech DiNovo which was also low profile chciken keys but they felt more clicky where the Razers are a little spongier but not in an un satisfying unresponsive way. The backlight is great every key is individually lit so there aren't 'dull sections'. My only reservation is the attached program Razer Synapse used for gaming profiles program macros etc seems to use a lot of memory in the background however I don't play games all that much and when I do the inbuilt anti-ghosting is all I require so most of the time I have it turned off.

1.0 out of 5 stars The replacement seemed fine to begin with, 17 Sep 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
I recently purchased this for my significant other. The first version had to be returned because the spacebar simply didn't work. The replacement seemed fine to begin with, but after just a couple of weeks the spacebar has started to misbehave on this one as well. Looking around the internet seems to suggest this is a regular problem with these keyboards. I expected more, considering the cost. I have now returned the keyboard for a refund, and will be looking for a more reliable replacement.

2.0 out of 5 stars its meh read on for more infomation, 27 July 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
its alright nothing amazing the keys not very good for the price £70 not good as you can get a mechanical keyboard which is 100x better than this membrane junk. i was playing grid autosport the keys were often unresponsive. don't bother buying it unless you're a razor fanboy that likes to spend allot of money just for the brand but not good for the product. too expensive to be an old generation keyboard but i do like the feel of the keyboard which is very nice.

Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard