5.0 out of 5 stars Best non-mechanical keyboard you can get.
I was bored so I bought one of these to replace my low profile Logitech keyboard

The fact that this keyboard has low profile keys is very nice, it makes typing and gaming require so much less effort.

Published 11 months ago by Will

1.0 out of 5 stars The replacement seemed fine to begin with
Published 9 months ago by Mr G Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Best non-mechanical keyboard you can get., 20 July 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)

As with any other Razer product, you should use Razer Synapse 2.0 to get the best out of it. Through this is was able to rebind the useless right click button to task manager, the scrolllock button to mute mic and create create profiles for all my games.

The backlight is amazingly bright and the famous Razer green colour.

However, it is expensive, especially when you consider it isn't mechanical. Another issue I occasionally get is when I'm playing an fps and the keyboard jams, requiring me to unplug and replug it.

Edit: Built a new computer and no longer seem to have jamming issue, probably a problem with the port or motherboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love it., 24 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
Having used it since its arrival, I can honestly say that the Razer DeathStalker Expert Gaming Keyboard is among the best keyboards I have ever used. Probably only going to be surpassed by the Mac keyboards. The build quality is perfect, as expected, the software (Synapse 2.0) is great for beginners and hard-core gamers alike and it is just fantastic to use.

However, if I was to make complaints:
1. The keys, while they are Chiclet keys, they are still loud. It is not the audible ‘click’, more just the contact between finger and key. It is not nearly as loud as a regular mechanical keyboard however!
2. The cord from the keyboard is not braided, meaning that it might not last as long if this is intended for a lot of moving (LAN parties and the likes).
3. There are no dedicated macro keys. As a gamer, this was something I was looking for but decided it was not a necessity because I will purchase the Naga or Logitech’s G600 in order to get the extra few buttons.

Really, these are the only things I see missing from this keyboard. They are not really complaints, more observations. While a USB port on the keyboard would have been a nice addition, it would still take up an extra port on your PC, so it is really just for practicality.

All in all, it is an excellent product. As a Razer product, it lives up to its expectations and I am extremely happy with my purchase. If the 3 points previously made are not a deal-breaker for you, this is a excellent keyboard. The ‘Made for Gamers’ approach for all Razer products may deter you, this is a great keyboard for general tasks too! I will be using it for a lot of college work and a lot of general typing! (Including this review)

I would most definitely recommend this product. Enjoy your purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 25 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
I love this keyboard. It's joy using it.
It feels great typing with it, the green backlight is very bright (configurable), and it has some cool features like the gaming mode and those macros.

Every single key is completely customizable. For example: you can switch the Y and Z keys, if you're not using the UK system language.

Also the palm rest is awesome. Your hands won't slip off, and like I've said before- feels great while using it.

About the shipment...it took them 1 week to get the item from UK to Central Europe, which is OK IMO.
They've sent me the exact time of arrival, and it came on that day.

And after all...this is Razer we're talking about. So you can count on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars The replacement seemed fine to begin with, 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
I recently purchased this for my significant other. The first version had to be returned because the spacebar simply didn't work. The replacement seemed fine to begin with, but after just a couple of weeks the spacebar has started to misbehave on this one as well. Looking around the internet seems to suggest this is a regular problem with these keyboards. I expected more, considering the cost. I have now returned the keyboard for a refund, and will be looking for a more reliable replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars my perfect "basic" gaming keyboard, 25 April 2015
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
I bought this keyboard to replace my extremely old logitech g15.
Out of the box, I was surprised how thin and light it felt in comparison to my old one. I immediately plugged it into my ps4 (waiting for my new pc to turn up) and started typing to see how it feels. It's great! The keys are very low profile - as in they don't feel the need to stick up like frozen Nippels! Because of this, when typing into chat bars my hands and fingers just glide across the keyboard without putting any effort into finding each key. Also the keys are pretty quiet, so I won't feel my self getting a headache after an hour of typing etc.
Another bonus is that the @ and " keys are in the "right" place!
The gaming mode is easily accessible - simply press the FN key and F10, then you can't accidently click things like the windows key, alt+f4 etc.
You also have the same ease of access to setting up macro keys, using FN and F9 to start and finish recording the macro.
As I spend my gaming time sat on my couch in front of a large TV, it was important that I buy a keyboard that would feel comfortable on my lap and this one does, and the back light will be great when I'm in lowlight mode at home.
One issue that nearly put me off buying is that quite a few people have reported having issues with the space bar. While I haven't used the product long enough to say whether or not this seems to be a problem, so far it has felt fine. It doesn't feel loose or flimsy, and currently I'm not worried about it. If it does become an issue I will of course update my review

So to summarise, if you want a "basic" gamers keyboard that seems to be built to last, and don't want to risk buying a "no name" brand with potential problems and no warranty, I recommend this. If you want something more flashy (which i myself may do when budget allows) then check out razers website and go through their keyboards, there are some fantastic looking gadgets in there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gaming keyboard, 31 Dec. 2013
Mobious (Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
Well I spend some time looking at keyboards as had the whole conversation as to which is best mechanical or a low profile keyboard. I have found this keyboard to be excellent. I play a lot of FPS, RTS and MMOs and so you can program the macro keys for different commands through the downloaded software. It has a good feel to it and I have some friends who have seen it and are now considering purchasing it for themselves. Great job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Quality., 27 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
From a Gamer's perspective looking for a keyboard that has to fit the bill could take hours. For this reason i did a bit of research on Razer and its other products.

For the price and quality of the product it is a win win.

The back-lit keys have the perfect brightness for when you're playing in the dark and if you're feeling fancy you could use synapse 2.0 and set the lighting to a pulsing effect.

Movement across the keys are smooth, If you're quick at typing like myself there are minimal errors, the keys are a perfect size also. The Font of the keys is... Different but you adjust easily.

The wrist rest is at the perfect angle and it just feels comfortable.

For price and quality i recommend this keyboard 100%

Only thing that spoiled the experience through amazon was the Courier 'City-Link' They made a massive balls up and would never recommend using them again, i just hope my next order isn't delivered through them

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly Perfect, 14 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
It's a great keyboard it feels strong, well built and the keys are unite nice to type on. I previously had a Logitech DiNovo which was also low profile chciken keys but they felt more clicky where the Razers are a little spongier but not in an un satisfying unresponsive way. The backlight is great every key is individually lit so there aren't 'dull sections'. My only reservation is the attached program Razer Synapse used for gaming profiles program macros etc seems to use a lot of memory in the background however I don't play games all that much and when I do the inbuilt anti-ghosting is all I require so most of the time I have it turned off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Razer sharp product!, 9 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
This keyboard is awesome!

Firstly, if you're looking for something aesthetically pleasing then the deathstalker inevitably ticks that box. The back lit green keys are awesome, and if they're too bright for you the innovative Razer synapse 2.0 allows you to customise the brightness to your exact preference, you can also alter brightness with the function buttons on the board.

The keys are significantly different if this is your first proper gaming keyboard, they have a somewhat satisfying feel up on pressing each key, really lets you know that you've pressed that key, which is somewhat reassuring on certain games that used WASD regularly. Further, with the inbuilt 'gaming mode', this allows you to turn of key binds that are likely to tab you out of the game or reset the computer etc. Alt tab being the main one for me personally. There are many features compiled into the 'FN' (function) button, holding this whilst pressing the F buttons allows features such as sound control, music skipping, gaming mode, led brightness and even a pause break button. Although the titles suggests this is an expert keyboard, i would strongly recommend this for newcomers to the gaming hardware industry. Clear and defined instructions make the keyboard a breeze to set up.

The design is lightweight and the keys feel durable, the only negative I would suggest is that when writing in depth pieces of work I would argue that the keys may be a little difficult to maintain a steady flow without hitting other keys. But other than for writing, the keyboard fills all purposes suggested, and the anti-ghosting is legit, as some other companies really do exaggerate the extent to which that feature works.

Finally, just to mention the razer synapse software that is included when installing the keyboard, it is a remarkable piece of software of which is completely free of charge with the keyboard; it allows you to add custom key binds, see a heat map and in depth statistics of all keys used during specific games and so on. This keyboard is a valuable asset to any gamer and provides considerable value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars The razer deathstalker is a fantastic, responsive and very fast keyboard, 5 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
Review on the razer deathstalker:

The razer deathstalker is a fantastic, responsive and very fast keyboard.
It is perfectly suited for gaming. I like the long, textured wrist-rest built into the keyboard, but it means you'll need a little more desk space than usual. It's very cool.

It's very well built and extremely reliable, I like the backlit keyboard because it makes the keyboard look GREAT. I'm not sure if they have a purpose... they do make the keyboard easier to use in dim or dark light conditions.

The ten key anti ghosting is excellent as I can now execute tasks much faster and the chiclet key caps actuate keys faster as well. I think the keys on the deathstalker have been tested to perfection. My experience with the Deathstalker was a good one overall. Chiclet keys feel much more responsive than standard mechanical models, although typing on perfectly flat keys takes some getting used to.

If you buy a gaming keyboard rather than just a standard model, however, chances are you're in it for the macros. Recording and using macros is a mixed bag with the Deathstalker. You can make macros and assign them easily enough, but the process is a bit haphazard, and there are no extra buttons for them. I love everything about the razer deathstalker, it has everything a gamer needs! I couldn't find anything I don't like about the deathstalker, it's just perfect for me.

Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard