on 5 November 2013
I wanted this to power my iPhone-based GPS on my BMW motorbike. The power socket on the bike (a K1200LT) is quite low down and I was a little concerned about water ingress. After much effort and sore thumbs, I managed to encase the plug in a short length of bicycle inner tube, after attaching the usb lead, and cable tie closed the end the lead came from. I added an extra cable tie round the body of the plug in case there was any "creep" from the inner tube rubber.

I've not long returned from a 3,500 mile journey through Europe, and the plug performed almost flawlessly the whole time. I have to say "almost" because it did vibrate loose a couple of times, and if nudged by my leg, could come out quite easily. However, it does the job I wanted it for.
on 3 February 2015
I bought this for my motorcycle. I have not fully tested it as my bike is mothballed for the winter but it seems to work fine on my BMW GS. The slight angle really helps for positioning connections. I would recommend it.
on 7 June 2013
I've had this product for 6 months now, and done about 2500 miles on my KTM 990 SMT with it. The product itself is good, and the build quality (outside) is very good.
The crappy part though, is that one of the wires, specifically one connection to the coil have snapped in half.
It took me 15 minutes and alot of violence to get thing open.
I suppose I'll try to solder it myself some day, but the entire plug is a mess...
I hope the next one I get will last a bit longer.
on 13 November 2014
The 45 degree angle makes it a perfect fit on my 2014 Tiger 800.
on 3 July 2013
Great little item, lights up blue when plugged in. Only niggle would be how secure it is on longer journeys, it does stick out a bit but clever use of an elastic band will sort it. Great service from supplier.
on 26 March 2013
Works as well as a charger on my R1100rt. Looks like it will fall out though. But I've covered over 500 miles with mine attached to a mobile used as a sat nav & it hasn't fallen out yet
on 6 September 2014
Used this on my son's BMW gs 800 adventure and it was perfect. Fits the smaller cigarette lighter socket and charges two items. What more could you ask for?
on 30 June 2014
Used on a trip abroad to charge satnav and phone on motorcycle. Angled design even ensured did not interfere with bar bag I also had attached. Recommended
on 21 March 2013
After having this for 300miles on my motorcycle, it broke down because of the vibration of the motorcycle. Considering that DIN sockets are produced with vibration in mind, the manufacturer should have thought of that! So I visited the seller which happened to be in the same town as me and they replaced it to me, but the second one broke after 250miles. I am glad that I have tested this before going on a long trip and not getting stuck.

The seller is nice to deal with, but the product is a cheap chinese socket that won't last long. Disappointed considering that it's not cheap.
on 20 August 2014
Bought one of these for my Tiger 1050. Nice firm fitting tucks out of the way of my leg nicely and does what it says on tin. No grumbles from me.