on 11 January 2013
What a great free album, some great songs by well known artists. I usually delete most free album tracks but all but two of these made my playlists. Thanks, will definitely check out more by these artists. Get them while they are free!
on 14 January 2013
Most samplers offer value for money as they are cheap and have a couple of ok tracks on them. This is free and has to my ears a couple of cracking tracks in the shape of the new Madness single (which is ridiculously catchy) and the Proclaimers track, which I understand has been a single.
The other tracks are all good too which adds up to this being an obvious download for anyone looking to broaden their musical horizons and to realise why cooking vinyl are still such an important label.
Highly recommended.
on 14 January 2013
this sampler has it all. some artists very familiar with and some I heard for first time - one of the best reasons for listening to these sort of compilations.
5 stars, not just because it is free but because of the content, Cooking Vinyl has a potpourri of artists on its label and this does justice to the broad spectrum of music in which it immerses itself.
From Billy Bragg and Madness - poles apart already but to then add The Orb and Reverend and the Makers makes it a 'something special' album
Particularly like Amanda Palmer and Marilyn Manson contributions and out of the whole album only two tracks that would not get regular play time through my speakers - but that is not for me to tell you which tracks they are, just download the album if not already done so and enjoy the listening.
Admit there are now a couple more albums on my 'to get' list after I had been through this myself
on 9 January 2013
Some well known artists ply their trade on a wonderful introduction to the label. The latest Madness single is an absolute steal!
on 7 January 2013
Cooking Vinyl have always had a eclectic mix of musical talent. The one common denominator for these selected musicians has been quality. This sampler is giving us the chance to nibble at the music to be delivered this year. Excellent!! Oh and its FREE, did I mention that?
on 7 January 2013
Great sampler.loved the first track,and will listen to more tracks and albums from the bands/artists i am not familiar with.As a 55 year old,it think it's great that song writing is still so strong.Thanks!
on 1 February 2013
I won't pretend I like all the tracks on the album - in fact there are a couple of stinkers - but there are a few I do and certainly a few surprises (I would never have guessed, for example, that Billy Bragg's track was by, er, Billy Bragg). As a shop-window for Cooking Vinyl's current roster of artists, this collection does its job admirably.

Without reservation I'd recommend you download the album, you may well find something you like and with it being free what's to be lost from taking a chance?
on 5 January 2013
Amazing sampler, an absolute cracker of an album, great songs, great bands, great album! TEAM TOM CLARKE <3 SATURDAY SATURDAY!
on 4 January 2013
Going to buy The Enemy after listening to this, Streets in the Sky, some others I've not listened to befors Maralin Manson etc,
on 15 January 2013
This is an interesting collection of various artists. It is the best free download I have heard. Try for yourself.