5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!
The installation was very easy, I download first the latest driver. Plug and Play. Now I have 3 monitors working, the laptop (new Dell XPS 12 windows 8) en two 24 inch monitors (1080 x 1920). Connection with networkcable en 6 USB connectors.
Published 20 months ago by HVS

2.0 out of 5 stars driver issues
Published 4 months ago by F. Safaei

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!, 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: Plugable USB 3.0 Universal Notebook Docking Station with DisplayLink DVI/VGA up to 2048x1152, Audio, Ethernet, 2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Ports, 2 High-Speed USB 2.0 Ports and 4A AC Power Adapter with Plugs for UK and EU Mains

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy this docking station, 17 Jun 2013
We were using an older version of these docking stations at work so I was aware that these are handy. I also found out that all these things are more or less generic. There is a Displaylink chipset in them that does the magic and all the rest is like cosmetics. Given the same chipset, a Lenovo, Dell, HP or this Plugable are the same thing and in that comparison this one is rather well priced!

So what does it do? I have one office like desk with a huge monitor (1920*1200 resolution), keyboard, mouse, speakers, laser printer etc.. Put one USB3 cable in the Windows 7 Dell from work or the Windows 8 MSI for fun and games or the Dell Windows 8 tablet and it all works. Brilliant and it does not really get more easy and unlike old fashioned docking stations, these will work with loads of different computers.

A point to mention, this dock will also work on a USB 2 port but not to its full potential (this is mainly graphics related), standard office stuff works fine.....

Now when I got this dock a couple of months ago, the Windows 8 drivers (from Displaylink) were not mature... specifically the tablet would not even install and more demanding games on the MSI tended to give a jitter in the display. By now and this means 2 driver updates later, it all works fine.

For just the few that jumped the bandwagon, a window 8 tablet combined with this dock is interesting! The tablet gets reduced to a rather large and expensive mouse / track pad with a display that is operated by your hand and that is actually a great way of working with Windows 8.

So any complaints? Nah, this is a great piece of kit!

4.0 out of 5 stars Two widescreens added via one Docking Station, 30 Jun 2014
Petrus Wullems "Peter Wullems" (Sandy, Beds, England) - See all my reviews
I have a 3 year old laptop that has internal USB3 available via Express port where I have a USB3 express card with 2 USB3 ports. Into this I plug the UD-3900 Universal Docking station. It does what it says on the tin with some minor quirks. It must be plugged into external power in order to function reliably so I use a USB charger which has a USB2 socket for that. I often dual boot my laptop into Windows Server 2008R2 via an external drive via the eSata port on my laptop and that too works fine. I end up with 3 screens up and running including my laptop with one being WUXGA (1920 8 1200) and the laptop and an external screen at 1920 * 1080. I also sometimes connect via Citrix to a company's network where they only make a certain maximum size available and that case I am forced to eject the Express card and rely just on the laptop's 1920 * 1080 max screen resolution. That however is a limit imposed by an external system. When I do unplug the Express card, the two external screens that are plugged into the docking station stay displaying the last image and I just switch them both off. The speeds of the USB3 ports are fine. The extra USB2 ports are welcome. This does the business for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars driver issues, 4 July 2014
F. Safaei - See all my reviews
It was all good till it froze my screen rotation on my Lenovo MIIX 8 inch tablet. I guess there is a problem with the drivers. Had to hard reset my tablet to get it back to normal. I had contacted the support on the pluggable and to be fair they were helpful, but nothing that they could would fix the problem. If the setting is made on Devices to anything other than EXTEND the screens, it messes it up. I have been brave to still use it and not send it back as there is nothing in the market that gives you this full connectivity for windows 8.1.
Overall, it is good that it works in even one out of 4 modes of screen connectivity. It is so good to have the tiny screen projected to a 22 inch screen. I wish they could get the damn drivers fixed as it is frustrating to work on extended screen as you have to refer to the tablet as the main screen. if they fix this I will give it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing piece of technology allows laptop to be used with 24" screen and wireless desktop!, 25 Oct 2014
This is an amazing device allowing a laptop to be used as a desktop but with a need to plug in only one cable to a USB3 port.

As others have done, I downloaded the latest drivers from the link that Plugable sent; although it doesn't say you need to do this, like another reviewer, I connected all devices to the laptop first and allowed it to download the necessary drivers. It was then a case of plugging in the hub and connecting the peripherals all of which worked first time

My configuration features a Logitech cordless desktop, a 24" ProLite display connected through DVI and a Sweex external sound card feeding speakers. The two front USB3 ports do charge my iPhone and iPad, despite the iPad saying it isn't charging!

The support from Plugable is amazing! Questions I asked prior to purchase were answered the same day which led me to purchase the pluggable over another make slightly cheaper

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable! Perfect for surface, 7 May 2014
I've bought it as docking station for surface, the dual video ouput is very good, I've used two monitors via HDMI and DVI at 1920x1200, and it was as it was connected directly.

The same for the usb connection, both usb3.0 and usb2 ports are very fast, like the integrated port of surface.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing bit of Kit, 3 April 2014
transformed my surface pro into a fully functional desktop replacement 2 extra screens wireless keyboard and mouse external hard drive all up and running within around 10 seconds from plugging in the usb 3 cable that was supplied with the dock buy it you wont be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a reliable DisplayLink device, 27 Feb 2014
Have tried a number of these DL chip based devices in the past, and with plenty of disappointment and problems. However, they seem to have got either the chipset, or the driver set, or both, just right in this unit. Reliable, fast speeds on the usb3 ports, solid display with no flicker and hardly noticeable frame rate delays when pushing 3d to an external monitor (dropped one FPS according to fraps on average) Very pleased, at last - makes a surface pro 2 into a desktopcomputer when you need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for any laptop, 11 Mar 2013
I bought this as my laptop doesn't have a bespoke docking station. It works a treat. It gives me access to the network a separate monitor, keyboard and mouse. You don't even have to install anything as Win 7 discovers it and does it all for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device!!º, 18 Jan 2013
It works fine. It is esay to install and no configuration is needed. No problem to use under ubuntu linux. Maybe a HDMI connection is needed,