Size: Medium|Colour: White|Change

on 11 October 2014
I'm 5'11" and weigh a trim 12st12lb with 42" chest. I bought the XL as suggested in many other reviews and it was a good job. The fit is VERY snug, the material is certainly thicker than many other compression tops I've recently purchased too and will keep you warm in colder months. I'd imagine this to be unwearable from April onward. If you are any larger than the previous measurements then think twice about getting XL, you might need XXL. Comparing this top to say the Under Armor compression shirt, shows that really they are not compression tops - just tight t-shirts. This product is *genuine compression* and it may take some getting used to!

EDIT - I've come back to edit this review after a couple of months as the top is now bordering impossible to wear. It's shrunk in the wash over time and now here I am, certainly not big by normal standards, and I can't wear an XL top :/ I've downgraded my rating from 5 stars to 3 as this is feeling like wasted money - I wish I'd stuck with the regular baselayer.
on 25 December 2013
Good quality, I am 5' 11'' and size L is _minimal_ too small. Optimal is size XL. A material is densely woven,strong seams.
Colour "Royal" on a picture is slightly brighter than in reality. Very good price.
on 25 February 2013
Other reviews have mentioned that this product makes you feel colder. This is only the case if you are not doing anything - the material is designed to trap heat, but if you're not working to generate any heat, it's not going to work. If you're running/working a lot, you are generating the heat required for the thermal layer to do it's job of trapping it. THEN you feel warm. And it works a treat. Under Armour is almost double the price, and this product works just as effectively (I have both), so if your wavering between buying one or the other, get this one.

Don't even bother about getting cheaper, thinner versions either. I bough a PowerLayer compression layer a month ago and it does pretty much nothing if there's even the slightest breeze. Had this for a week now and it's SO much better.
on 11 January 2015
As others have mentioned the baselayers are incredibly tight. I could definitely have gone for a bigger size but having said that there's something comforting about the tightness of the material. It works well and the material is very thick, comparable to Canterbury of New Zealand products. It will be interesting to see how long they last and how they clean. I'll report back later with my findings but initial thoughts are that it's a good product, on the small side, but definitely gives me confidence when training.

UPDATE: Wanted to update this purchase after wearing and washing this quite a few times. The material has retained its shape, no shrinkage at all and has received very favourable comments about colour and material. The top is still tight but no tighter than it was on first day. Washes well and looks as good as it did when it was purchased. Will update in a few weeks time.
on 10 April 2013
Great look and feel to this garment. Performs really well in lower temperatures and is a good barrier against the cold winds this winter when worn under a cycling jersey. The fit is very tight although not uncomfortable but I would suggest anyone buying this product to go up at least one size to their normal fit. One small criticism voiced by other reviews that I agree with, is that the sleeves are very long and could do with being shortened in line with the relevant chest size. Otherwise a great product and I will be buying at least one more this year
on 27 June 2013
This is my first base layer, so I can't compare it to any other brands - however to me it does meet what it is advertised as.

Firstly as others have said this is a very tight top, so I ordered a size larger than normal. Even then it is still very tight - but that's the idea being a compression top!

Once I'd managed to squeeze into the top, I found it very comfortable as the material on the inside seems very soft. It also looks good on the outside, especially for helping to disguise my non washboard stomach!

I've worn the top for a number of mountain bike rides now in the last six months including over winter. It is certainly warm and feels great under a fleece or cycling top. It also seems to do a good job not making me feel sweaty. Although the outside of the top feels wet after a ride, the inside doesn't seem to.

Now summer has sort of arrived I've found this top far too warm to wear, so have purchased a short sleeve version too.

All in all I'm very happy with the purchase and can't fathom how other brands 4-5x the cost are so much better.
on 21 February 2013
Purchased this as a base layer for going skiing. It didn't disappoint, I only wore this under my jacket and was plenty warm. Purchased along with the leggings and they were brilliant too.
on 14 February 2013
Love these garments. Feel good on, feel warm on too.
Size wise, may come up a bit small so I suggest going up one size unless you was a REALLY tight fit.
Use these for footie training and as a base layer when out on the motorbike.
Usually delivered quickly so all good there as well.
The SUB COLD are a little bit better quality than the 'normal' SUB base layers IMO.
I have quite a few of both.
on 2 January 2015
I went for a size larger than usual but it still was very tight fitting. I normally take either medium or large but went for the XL and still very tight. It does feel cold when wearing it and not as good as my compression top from Endura. The neckline is quite high too. I'll have to try using it again but it is so tight fitting its a bit of a trial to put it on/ take off and feel squeezed in.
on 16 December 2013
Love it, but I thought I was slimmer than I was, so had to send it back and re order the next size up. Sending back was easy although cost me money to do so. The top looked and felt good just not on me. Be warned, compression tops are tight but feel great on when bought in the correct size. Check the size chart before you buy. Will definitely buy more of these Sub tops for my winter golf.