5.0 out of 5 stars My Garden Birds Love this Suet Treat!
I feed a variety of bird food in the garden: pre-soaked dried mealworms, suet blocks, fat balls, sunflower seeds, sunflower hearts, nyger seed, baked potato, sometimes fruit (de-stoned fresh cherries were a hit) and plain old mixed seed.

Published 9 months ago by Crafty Marie

3.0 out of 5 stars Birds not so keen
Bought as birds always seemed to really enjoy previous suet pellets I'd bought. They don't seem too interested in this stuff though.
UPDATE JANUARY 2014. Birds weren't keen in summer when I bought this. In the winter they're loving it. So 5 stars.
Published 10 months ago by Black Dog

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My Garden Birds Love this Suet Treat!, 24 Oct 2013
Crafty Marie "mariej30" (Cambs) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Extra Select High Energy Suet Pellets Insect 3 Kg Refill (Misc.)

Of everything I've tried, these suet pellets have caused the biggest stir in the yard. They generally get eaten by a Robin, blackbirds, dunnocks, magpies, wood pigeons, collared doves and a ton of starlings.

They're absolutely a real favorite treat with the starlings who go mad over them. I feed them on a large tray once per day (feeding more could get very pricey) and the starlings drop like a swarm of flies into the back garden - sometimes 20-30 of them in one seething mass. All bickering and having their noisy squabbles. So much fun to watch. I would find the garden very dull indeed without the fun of watching the starlings every day.

Before I served these up, I'd get maybe 10 or 12 starlings so that shows how popular these became in our neighbourhood in a short time.

Other birds as I mentioned before also like to eat them. The pigeons and doves will wander over from their seed to see what's left. The robin keeps coming back to get them and the dunnocks will pick up stray pellets that have been discarded around the paving slabs - but not if the robin is around since it (don't know if it's a he or she because they are very hard to tell apart) is quite violent towards them and has launched itself at them many a time.

The suet pellets get gobbled quickly. I dare say if I put out more they'd get eaten as well but they're meant to be a treat so a feed a fixed amount each day one a first come first served basis. Although sometimes I chuck a handful into the pigeon and dove seed on the bird table so they get a look in and sometimes I put some into the caged off small bird area so they also get some too.

I was really pleased at how well these have been received. The starlings will ignore all other food in the garden until these are gone. Then they'll start on the mealworms, hanging suet cakes and fat balls.

I'll definitely get these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much cheaper than elsewhere, 26 Sep 2013
This was half the price of what I have paid locally in garden centres . The birds love these pellets so I buy them all year round as baby birds can eat them in the spring without choking to death on them. Also, no postage! Will always buy these as long as the deal remains the same and price doesn't rocket upwards!

3.0 out of 5 stars Birds not so keen, 18 Sep 2013
Black Dog (Hartlepool, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars bird food, 26 Feb 2013
This is better than the fat balls an all you do is put in a feeder ,
the size bag is easy to store we have had no problems

5.0 out of 5 stars High energy suet pellets for birds., 27 Sep 2013
The wild birds love this food, can't get enough. Much cheaper price than local store and delivered to my door. Refill pack means no build upof the plastic tubs these are usually sold in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birds love this product, 10 April 2013
I have this now on subscribe and save, the money I save this way rather than buy in the shops in 10 months I will have enough to purchase the bird bath 29.99 that I am after. I have to warn you though if you place on a ground feeder, Badgers, foxes, chickens and squirrels also love this product. So keep it to a bird table if money is tight.

4.0 out of 5 stars high energy suet pellets, 6 Oct 2013
the birds must enjoy them as they are down all day eating them which as you will notice
I have reordered another batch for later

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 5 Sep 2013
same as the fruit suet I bought very good delivery, good product the birds love it, will buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars AS ABOVE, 20 Jun 2013
G. Castle - See all my reviews
It was a change......and the Birds loved it ....It has brought other birds to our Garden....and the price was good

3.0 out of 5 stars High Energy Suet Pellets Insect., 4 Jun 2013
The suet pellets with INSECTS I received contain NO insects and that is why I only gave it 3 stars.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›