4.0 out of 5 stars Great suet for garden birds
I bought this suet because of the quality of the suet cake and the exceptional price.

Published 17 months ago by Atticus Finch

1.0 out of 5 stars Birds don't like this. It just goes rotten in the feeder
Birds don't like this. It just goes rotten in the feeder. Will go back to RSPB!!
Published 1 month ago by J. Parry

4.0 out of 5 stars Great suet for garden birds, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Unipet Wild Bird Suet Block Mealworms & Insect 300g Value Pack (Pack of 6) (Misc.)

Although it is branded as "Unipet", these cakes are made by "Suet on the Go". I have found the "Suet on the Go" brand to be excellent in terms of quality, both for suet cakes and suet pellets. I say this based on the number of birds that visit when I use this brand over others. For instance, when I put out a brand called ChapelWood, the birds will not touch it.

The cost including delivery for this pack of 6 via Amazon was less than £1 per suet cake when I got them. I also buy the pack of 10 when it is available. That is against the usual £2.50 - £2.99 per suet cake cost in most retail stores. That being said, the RSPB or BTO suet cakes in the shops are slightly bigger, they just about squeeze into a normal suet cake holder, whereas these need no squeezing in but are still better value despite being a little smaller. I also got this brand because it has dried insects in the suet, much better and healthier for the birds than the modern fad for berry flavours.

Suet cake will attract garden birds such as woodpeckers, blue tits, great tits, long tailed tits, nuthatches and robins amongst others. Finches do not partake of suet; get some sunflower hearts and a seed feeder if you want finches and coal tits in your garden (and who wouldn't!).

Suet was once something we stocked our back garden feeders with only in the winter months. Present day suet use is much broader and more beneficial to birds. In spring, it meets the increased energy demands of nesting birds. In the summer months, it provides a good substitute for insect eating birds, especially in years when insects are not very plentiful. In autumn, suet helps wild birds store fat to prepare for migration or the coming winter. And of course, in winter, suet replenishes depleted stores of energy and nutrients, to help birds survive the long, cold months.

You cannot go wrong with these suet cakes in terms of quality or price and your birdies will thank you with beautiful song!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gone before you can shake a stick! Very, very popular, 18 May 2013
I shave the block onto the ground and within minutes the grapevine amongst the starlings (protected species) has alerted them.

All gone! They love it. It is fun watching them take off with a sliver in their beaks. Probably popular with other birds but they really don't get a look in.

Not too expensive - excellent value.

Just have to ration it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crunchy nut cornflakes of the bird world!, 18 Jun 2013
The birds love it. The squirrels love it. The woodpecker demolishes it and the magpies are just crazy trying to balance on a suet feeder in an attempt to get at it. Other products have melted in sunshine. This block stays solid and enables the birds to actually work at it to get bits, thus giving me the opportunity to watch them.

5.0 out of 5 stars The birds love em, 11 April 2013
This is the first thing that gets eaten on the bird feeder. Green parrots, woodpeckers, tits, starlings, sparrows and the multicoloured jay just can't get enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 29 May 2014
very very good value and all the birds love them!! I now have species of birds in my garden that I have never seen before! these are very solid blocks so you do not get much grease on your hands. will definitely buy these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and the birds like it, 18 Sep 2013
S. Wright (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
Cheap and cheerful but the birds are flocking to it on our feeding station. Represents good value for money and I'll be buying it again

5.0 out of 5 stars Unipet Suet Block., 20 July 2013
A very good product at an excellent price. The birds love it and that's all I can really say about it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 30 Aug 2013
Mrs. L. Down - See all my reviews
Great value for money,had to wait a while for it to be delivered,but it is still worth buying for the amount you save just keep a regular order definitely worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars My birds love them, 17 Jun 2013
I have a very wide variety of garden birds come to my garden and they all seem to love these suet blocks and they are a great price, a real bargain. They don't melt and stick to the packaging much which I have had a problem with in the past with other brands of suit blocks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Call the riot squad, 15 Jun 2013
Flaco "flacolito" (Maidstone, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
As I write this, there are about 10-12 Starlings (parents and fledglings) having a massive punch-up over one of these suet blocks in a hanging feeder. In an effort to avoid such anarchy I hung a second feeder up, but it currently contains another brand of suet (Gardman, I think), which they mostly ignore. The ground feeding birds tuck into the left overs which fall to the ground under the feeders.

You can't go wrong with these suet blocks. I've never really been into bird watching until now and we originally started putting food out just to give them a helping hand. The feeders are outside my kitchen window and my wife and I get transfixed for ages watching them tuck in. It's the first time we've had the pleasure of seeing some little Tits up close as well. I'm converted!