5.0 out of 5 stars Good product,birds love them :o)
My only moan,is the driver must have squashed the pot in the lorry,every mealworm was loose at the bottom of cardboard box :o( Perhaps,fragile labels on box,might be the answer ? I have ordered other pots,that arrived in excellent condition,so dont be put off. Buying in bulk,saves money,helps many more birds :o)
Published 19 months ago by Kerry

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but not as cheap as I thought.
Ordered a tub of these mealworms to feed the birds (and now the hedgehog who seems to woof back the little pile I leave out at night and then leave his calling card around the garden) . The birds obviously love them.

Published 10 months ago by K

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but not as cheap as I thought., 22 Aug. 2014
K (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)

They're fine in terms of what they are and the delivery and packaging was fine. They cost thirteen pounds and sixty pence for five litres which I thought was better than the nine pounds for one kilogram which I paid from a local retailer. For nine pounds I get one kilogram in a sellophane pack - and here for thirteen pounds and sixty pence I get a sturdy five litre plastic tub. I mistakenly thought five litres would be more than one kilogram but I was wrong. It turns out that the five litre tub gives you exactly one kilogram of worms...just the same as I buy locally but I'm paying 34% more from Amazon. Obviously the postage and the plastic tub has to be paid for and if you don't happen to have a local retailer that only charges nine pounds for the same thing then it's OK. But, regrettably, on this occasion I didn't do too well and will return to my local place for further stocks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product,birds love them :o), 11 Dec. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Mealworms, 28 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)
We have seen loads more birds since putting these mealworms out. We have a pair of robins that take turns in feeding and are nesting close by. We also have a blue tit family that I think were here last year .Several blackbirds call to and try to feed off mealy feeders and keeps falling off!! They try again time and again until they get some. We also have had a woodpecker and thrush, so all in all worth buying especially when they are on offer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)
I like this product, I feed it to my hens as a treat. It arrived promptly and well packaged. I find this product to be very good value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars Worms, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)
Arrived on time in good condition. Servicable container very useful
Added to daily birdseed ... slipping down a treat as I sit here :)

5.0 out of 5 stars mealworms, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)
Low cost, quality,and quantity of meal worms supplied, and I have recommended the meal worms to other bird watchers friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars DRIED MEALWORMS A SUCCESS, 25 Mar. 2015
Mrs. C. Lee "Carol" (London) - See all my reviews
I ordered these dried mealworms by mistake thinking they were live (not quite senile yet but getting that way). I have had dried worms before but the birds showed little interest in them so I wondered what on earth I'd do with a 3L tub. My back garden in almost central London is not large but I try and cater for every birdy taste so have a number of regular visitors. My next mistake was knocking the tub over out my back door. Swept most of the worms up and put them back in the tub but the rest I scattered over a flower basket from last year perched on a chimney pot thinking if nothing else they would rot into the soil. The next thing I noticed was a jay on the basket enthusiastically pecking away at the worms, then another jay and, by turn, 4 starlings and 2 blackbirds. And they have been constant visitors. So a success after all. I just hope they don't get fed up with them before the tub is finished. Better still, the feral pigeons with which I am plagued, don't like them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A tasty feast, 24 April 2014
Paul Leighton (Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)
These mealworms are economically priced but that doesn't seem to reflect in the way the birds wolf them down. I refill the feeder every other day. Robins, tits, finches and sparrows are all tucking in, as are starlings, which seem to be becoming increasingly scarce these days. Funniest sight was a magpie doing a pretty good impersonation of a hummingbird as it tried to get a beakfull. The mealworms are freeze-dried for easy and clean handling. The tub is substantial and resealable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bird heaven, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)
My first tub lasted less than a week because we made the mistake of refilling the feeder as soon as it emptied! Now the robins come to the kitchen window to get us to put out more...we also have sparrows, starlings, blue tits, blackbirds, thrushes, pigeons and magpies now vying with the robins for the worms! Much cheaper than the local shops and garden centres and easy to store too...

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for Birds, they absolutely love them - But do Buy in Bulk not by the Tub, 15 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)
Birds love Mealworms?? You betcha, they go crazy over them and will devour them at a (sometimes) alarming rate.

Suppliers are well aware of this, and many retail outlets will have "tubs" at around the price here. The problem is it will get horrendously expensive as the little beasts devour them like there is no tomorrow (!). Its far far better to buy in Bulk, its massively cheaper, and works out at around a tenth of the cost overall depending how you play the numbers game.

It does mean a cash hit up front, but its well, well worth it. I now use the supplier and Bulk Buy below. I cant stress enough how important for your wallet it is to buy these Mealworms in Bulk, its VASTLY cheaper .......

You'll need a storage Bin(s) to keep the Bulk buy fresh. I use the one below, a good price, does the job well

If you don't fancy that have a peak at the extensive storage bin list Amazon has.

Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub