5.0 out of 5 stars Mealworms
Published 8 months ago by Robin and Carol

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but not as cheap as I thought.
Ordered a tub of these mealworms to feed the birds (and now the hedgehog who seems to woof back the little pile I leave out at night and then leave his calling card around the garden) . The birds obviously love them.

Published 3 months ago by K

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but not as cheap as I thought., 22 Aug 2014
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)

They're fine in terms of what they are and the delivery and packaging was fine. They cost thirteen pounds and sixty pence for five litres which I thought was better than the nine pounds for one kilogram which I paid from a local retailer. For nine pounds I get one kilogram in a sellophane pack - and here for thirteen pounds and sixty pence I get a sturdy five litre plastic tub. I mistakenly thought five litres would be more than one kilogram but I was wrong. It turns out that the five litre tub gives you exactly one kilogram of worms...just the same as I buy locally but I'm paying 34% more from Amazon. Obviously the postage and the plastic tub has to be paid for and if you don't happen to have a local retailer that only charges nine pounds for the same thing then it's OK. But, regrettably, on this occasion I didn't do too well and will return to my local place for further stocks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mealworms, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)
We have seen loads more birds since putting these mealworms out. We have a pair of robins that take turns in feeding and are nesting close by. We also have a blue tit family that I think were here last year .Several blackbirds call to and try to feed off mealy feeders and keeps falling off!! They try again time and again until they get some. We also have had a woodpecker and thrush, so all in all worth buying especially when they are on offer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product,birds love them :o), 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)
My only moan,is the driver must have squashed the pot in the lorry,every mealworm was loose at the bottom of cardboard box :o( Perhaps,fragile labels on box,might be the answer ? I have ordered other pots,that arrived in excellent condition,so dont be put off. Buying in bulk,saves money,helps many more birds :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bird heaven, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)
My first tub lasted less than a week because we made the mistake of refilling the feeder as soon as it emptied! Now the robins come to the kitchen window to get us to put out more...we also have sparrows, starlings, blue tits, blackbirds, thrushes, pigeons and magpies now vying with the robins for the worms! Much cheaper than the local shops and garden centres and easy to store too...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and speedy delivery, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)
This tub works out a quarter of the price of any local retailer. Definitely recommended if you care for the wild bird population which can work out expensive. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worms, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)
Arrived on time in good condition. Servicable container very useful
Added to daily birdseed ... slipping down a treat as I sit here :)

5.0 out of 5 stars mealworms, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)
Low cost, quality,and quantity of meal worms supplied, and I have recommended the meal worms to other bird watchers friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)
I like this product, I feed it to my hens as a treat. It arrived promptly and well packaged. I find this product to be very good value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars A tasty feast, 24 April 2014
Paul Leighton (Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)
These mealworms are economically priced but that doesn't seem to reflect in the way the birds wolf them down. I refill the feeder every other day. Robins, tits, finches and sparrows are all tucking in, as are starlings, which seem to be becoming increasingly scarce these days. Funniest sight was a magpie doing a pretty good impersonation of a hummingbird as it tried to get a beakfull. The mealworms are freeze-dried for easy and clean handling. The tub is substantial and resealable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub (Misc.)
I was buying mealworms from a supermarket and found them very expensive. So when I found these I was very surprised at the fantastic price and although I haven't eaten them my robins and starlings just love them. I will be buying them again. And I have recommended these to my friends and family.

Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub