Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£2.63

on 6 October 2014
The first book 'Reign of Blood' started well into the vampire apocalypse with the great first line " Never tease anything that wants to eat you" so where would this, the second book start, it starts at the beginning April and her best friend Sarah are travelling home from a study session they hear the screaming but have no idea what's going on and its not until April gets home that she gets an idea of just how bad it is.
After her ordeal in the last book Aprils mother is a shadow of her former self and April takes on the role of Parent but a discovery sends April on a mission where she meets not only danger but people she thought she'd never see again.
Now I've become quite addicted to this series, the first book was spoilt only by April and apart from her 'too stupid to live' moments she's better in this book, I do hate those moments I hate it when any character in any book makes one but since it's nearly always a female I hate it more. The other problem I had was Elijah, I don't care if he was preoccupied or whatever but seeing another human above ground and especially after so long.....I didn't buy the way he acted at all. Ok so he had a 'too stupid to live moment' as well, equal opportunities and all that.
Can't wait to start 'Amplified'
on 28 December 2012
Alexia Purdy
Disarming
Reign of Blood #2

Reign of Blood was an amazing read, so I was eager (if a little hesitant) to continue April's story with Disarming. I was far from disappointed, and was completely drawn in (yet again) within a few pages.

The writing style flows so smoothly, and the author describes things in such detail that your imagination will just take you away. New characters are introduced, who fit into the story well and only add to the series. A complete roller coaster of emotions, there are so many twists and turns I couldn't put the book down, needing to know what happened next.

A series not to miss, this book will have you turning the pages late into the night.

on 4 June 2014
This series must be read in order. The first book is Reign of Blood (Reign of Blood #1). This is the second book.

Murphy's Law truly describes the world now... Whatever can go wrong WILL go wrong! April is stuck with her mother Helen who has retreated into agoraphobia and distanced herself from her children and the world to the point of complete introspection and self loathing disinterest. Helen will not even allow April to see to her grooming needs. April does not know what tortures her mother endured at the hands of Christian's Hive but she wishes her mother would snap out of it already! She(April) is just waaay too young to be the mother/teacher/protector/decision-maker for her family of hybrid humans! After all she is just 18!!! The new world order is no order at all with feral Zompires around every corner and more mysteries surfacing every day... Why can't she bring herself to commit to Rye? What is she going to do about her mother Helen? Does she really have a say on the Hive's ruling council or is it just for show to keep her around(she is after all the salvation of the hybrid vampires as she carries the cure to the wasting/rotting disease in her blood)? Will they ever find out what caused this terrible plague of death/undeath? Who or what is mass exterminating the Ferals? Or are they just committing mass suicide?

This book has the romance as a major issue for April to deal with... so I definitely would not consider this in any way a romance novel lol. The thrills and chills are a good spice for all the action and adventure. While the mysteries definitely make you want to yell at April to just mind her own business and stay in her quasi safe world instead of poking at every little thing that is new or different or confusing! I felt like the kid in the theater yelling at the girl on the screen "don't do it!" Alot of the time reading this book. The humor is present throughout even if it is of a Much darker flavor this time around :) I really enjoyed this book and can not wait to read the next one Amplified (Reign of Blood #3) or maybe Elijah (The Miel Chronicles) (A Reign of Blood Series Companion) the companion novella! I havent decided which yet ... But whichever I read I know it will be Awesome :)

***This series is suitable for mature young adult through adult readers
on 28 February 2014
I got the first book free, I enjoyed it so much that I immediately bought the second. Don't want to give any of the story away so all I can say is that this was a very enjoyable read. Between vampire and human mutations life is definitely a rollercoaster for April. With twists and turns you don't expect I was glued till the very last page. looking forward to the next instalment.
on 21 July 2013
I was given and e-copy in exchange for my honest review.

This is book 2 in the Reign of Blood Series. It was AMAZING!!!!! Full of twist and turns and had plenty of "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME" moments. Poor April, just when she thinks she is getting things under control, life hits her right in the face. Don't worry April fans, you know how she is, she isn't gonna go down without a fight. This book had me on an emotional roller coaster ride. Great installment to the series. I can't wait for the next book!!! Amazing author, amazing story, and great characters. Look forward to reading more of her work!
on 25 December 2013
What can I say about this second book in the Reign of Blood series besides WOW?
The author threw in a couple of twists, mixed in some more love interests and creating a recipe for a fantastic book that does not leave you disappointed.
The first book left after April had saved her mum and brother from another hive of vampires, but her mum was never the same afterwards - becoming completely withdrawn.
Follow April as she now steps in the play the mother role to her own mum and brother whilst trying to find out who is killing all the feral vsmpires.
This book is definitely a must read.
on 7 June 2013
This book kept me interested all the way through. Very exciting and difficult to put down. Shall look forward to the next instalment.
on 1 October 2013
I really enjoyed this book and am eagerly awaiting another one, fingers crossed. A different look at vampire stories, A++
on 23 March 2013
Excellent series, I have read the first two books in 4 days, can't wait to read the 3rd book! Vampirtastic!
on 18 August 2015