5.0 out of 5 stars Very good so far
Published 7 months ago by MARK

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor audio capability
The audio from this product 'clips' (or 'distorted') so easily.

When I buy new speakers or headphones, I usually play several albums to check the capability of the products.
"Jaco Pastorius" is one of such albums, to check the quality of bass notes.
Published 9 months ago by shiraga

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good so far, 27 Feb 2014
MARK (ESHER, SURREY United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This 570 was a 48 hr replacement for a 650 that had the famous faulty on/off switch which failed within in hour. This is where Amazon come into their own with an immediate return/refund and dispatch of a 570. I actually prefer it in Black Polycarbonate to the Silver Alloy and my Nokia 920 mobile does not support the higher quality APTX that the 650 has. This has half the battery life but 10 hours is still plenty for me. The packaging is far less fancy on the 570 than the 650 with a simple box and it lacks the carry bag and has no mains charger, just USB. But all things that I can live without for £30 less. The Sound is perfect and just like the 650 which is the main event. It does not have a Thumping Bass and will not fill an arena but for a tiny light box it is amazing. The Volume is plenty loud on full and does not distort. It has a great tone and cystal treble, very clear mids and a nice bass, It is essential to place it close to a wall though or corner to get the full sound. I can also use the graphic equaliser on my Windows phone if I plug in direct and naturally the sound quality is better and louder hard wired. The sound out will be great as well for controlling my Hi Fi. The Hands free works a treat, when a text arrives it pauses and the 570 reads out the text to me as the Nokia has voice control and I can just talk back to the speaker and even dictate a reply, assume iPhone will be similar. In summary for £69.99 this is superb tiny piece of kit, its small enough to take anywhere and the sound belies its looks. Its stylish and well made, the only question is will the on /off switch be up to the job long term. I am prepared to take the risk as i don't think there is another speaker with all the features this one has at sub £70.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Speaker, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Braven 570 Portable Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - White (Wireless Phone Accessory)
We have this little guy in our kitchen and dining area and use it generally to entertain our toddler. The BT range is excellent (10-15m) and the ability to charge a phone is actually useful.

It is a tough product and has handled several drops from toddler hands onto a hard surface! Sound quality is ok and it is louder than expected. I would recomend it for general use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound, unfortunately the ON switch broke so I've returned it, 31 Jan 2014
Value for money the sound produced by this Braven unit is fantastic, I spent a bit of time trying other solutions and this was miles ahead even better than the expensive Bose solutions (their mini player) which are designed to look good, the sound out of this little thing is impressive. It is unfortunate that the switch broke and I believe that this could be a batch issue or design flaw, as I did see another demo in a store with a broken switch, I figured it was abuse..but then mine ended up the same way and I did take care of it whilst I owned it. Think it lasted for about 4.5 months. I bought from Amazon and they were great about it, gave me a refund so very happy. It could be bad luck, but I thought I should share my experience. Overall it felt good and the finish exemplified quality.

Even after this experience, I'm still a fan of Braven products because of the superior audio. I will be replacing my 570 with one of their later models which also use push-button switches as opposed to the toggle on the 570. I am tempted to go for the 850, although larger the sound quality and clarity is unbelievable, I went in looking to by the latest Bose unit but when I tested it against the 850 there was no questions, better sound output and better value.

Hope this helps your purchase. I didn't do any fancy sound tests, I just played various genres through the systems and let my ears be the judge.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor audio capability, 21 Jan 2014
shiraga (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
The audio from this product 'clips' (or 'distorted') so easily.

"Jaco Pastorius" is one of such albums, to check the quality of bass notes.
I was shocked: Jaco's bass on "Donna Lee" sounded as if with "Overdrive" stomp box.

Also, this speaker forced Jim Hall to play with Overdrive.

In addition, partly due to the 'clipping noise', you can't play very loudly.

I do not think this is a common problem of portable Bluetooth speakers.
For example, JBL products (even the cheapest "Micro") can cope well with these tracks, and sounds much better in total.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound and portable, 12 Jan 2014
I have this unit for work - where I use it with wildlife for playback of calls. I initially bought the Minx Go - but that is a much heavier unit and not suitable to go away with. I like the Braven and it works well for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speaker, 4 Dec 2013
D. L. Webster "Lyn W" (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my son on his birthday, I know both him and his wife think in is great as they can play their favourite music from their phones without wires ar docking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 27 Sep 2013
My wife uses it as a speaker for her iphone in the bathroom - its safe, last ages and so easy to use. And we can take it in the car so the kids can listen to audiobooks on longer journeys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, 20 July 2013
We bought this to make it easy to play music from the mobile or iPod anywhere around the house. It does that really well but the big surprise was the sound quality - really clear sound even at high volumes with decent bass. You would never believe that sound was coming from that little box.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken on/off switch, 27 July 2014
Speaker not bad but broken on/off switch after 6 months of light use has reduced it to an expensive doorstop...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Oct 2014
Wonderful! Very clear sound and wi-fi worked a treat.