5.0 out of 5 stars AN EXCELLENT 2ND NOVEL, 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Beyond the Clouds (Paperback)
It is sometimes difficult to write a successful follow-up novel to the first book you write. However, Judy Bryan's talent shines out with 'Beyond the Clouds', which follows her debut novel, 'Playground Politics', last year. Judy's ability to involve the reader with action from the first page, and with strong characters, and a well researched and very believable story-line, is the key to her success as an author. I found myself imagining I was actually totally involved with what happens throughout the book, and the dialogue is particularly 'real'. The lead character, Anna, has to contend with so many problems, and certainly more than the average person would wish for in their lifetime. Once I started reading this book, the ever quickening flow carried me to the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 29 Jan. 2013
Jenspens (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beyond the Clouds (Paperback)
Judy Bryan,through her insightful writing in this second novel, illustrates the divisive nature of modern day living giving the reader a snapshot of high life, low life and life in general - warts and all. She covers friendships and family situations,drug abuse, illnesses, spirituality, gangland adolescence, through the experiences of Anna, a likeable, smart young journalist who takes her fair share of life's knocks along the way. Anna is caring and generous, though vulnerable, susceptible to be taken advantage of. Fortunately, there are others who return her warmth and love and therefore provide balance to her life.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, finding it hard to put down, and recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mystery, Family & Love, 10 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Beyond the Clouds (Paperback)
Judy Bryan has proven she can write heroines that can take obstacles and knock them out of the way: whatever they may be. This is my second book of hers to read and I love the environment she sets for characters as well as her knack for story telling. She doesn't write 'perfect' people. They make mistakes which is refreshing. Even when dealing with characters returning from the dead, she writes with such truth that we follow where she leads. With mystery, mystique and a little romance, "Beyond the Clouds" is a wonderful read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Read, 15 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Beyond the Clouds (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book I found it totally absorbing and was hooked from the first few pages. Anna's character is so well observed and totally believable you want to follow her journey as her story unfolds, it was cleverly written to keep you guessing up to the end how Ann's life would really pan out. Parts were very moving with the loss of her brother and his story. It's a book that makes you want to turn pages to find out if there is a happy ending... I can't wait to read her next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 9 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Beyond the Clouds (Kindle Edition)
A great book by a great author. Looking forward to more of the same. Certainly worth downloading on Kindle for a holiday read

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Beyond the Clouds (Kindle Edition)
I good book, with life, fiction, complicated families and love triangles, all in one.
A bumpy ride for Anna, the main character, wishing I'd counted how many glasses of wine, cups of tea and coffee, she had consumed!

5.0 out of 5 stars SusiCD of Barkham, 17 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Beyond the Clouds (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. Excellenty done and I could really connect with Anna and her dilemmas. All of Judy's characters came alive for me and I had to read it through the night until I got to the end. I would have liked a bit more at the awards dinner though. I think Zara really deserved to get a good telling off by Anna. What a terrible person she was! All in all a very enjoyable read and I look foward to Judy's next book so please hurray up and write it,

5.0 out of 5 stars A thought provoking read, 14 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Beyond the Clouds (Kindle Edition)
This is the second book I have read by the author Judy Bryan and I have not been disappointed with either. Beyond the Clouds is an original book which I thoroughly enjoyed from start to finish. All the characters are realistic and I empathised with the main character Anna. She experiences so much and is positive throughout. Anna is kind, thoughtful and loving and you cannot help falling in love with her and wishing her a happy ending. A thought provoking read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Read, 11 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Beyond the Clouds (Kindle Edition)
This is the second Judy Bryan book I have read and I was not dissappointed. Its a really easy read with a good plot, that flows well and makes compulsive reading. I loved it and would recommend. The characters were likeable and as a reader you felt compelled to read on and see the story unravel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond the Clouds, 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Beyond the Clouds (Kindle Edition)
This was a fab book to read. Such detail and you immediately get a good setting of characters and scene. Unpredictable to know the outcome but in a good way. Well done Judy ,looking forward to your next book.

Beyond the Clouds