on 30 November 2013
Son started sec sch and needed very strong (has to carry books and PE kit) backpack yet was interested in 'the look' too. He also wanted smaller pockets so to organise his equipment. This bag meets all the requirements. A bit more expensive than we wanted but his first (cheaper) bag had already broken. Very pleased with purchase and cost soon forgiven.
on 10 September 2014
This bag was originally purchased to be used as my second backpack while I travelled around Asia and Australia. I wanted something big enough to keep everything in, but also that had a few cool features. Also, the pattern was pretty cool.

The main pocket of the bag itself is HUGE, it really kept surprising me just how much you can get in there. This is there the separate pouch for storing your laptop is also kept, while this is useful I did find it to be a bit to big for my laptop, so it kept moving around but wasn't too much of a problem.

the front 'cooler' pocket is also deceivingly roomy. while I didn't use it especially for cooling drinks it definitely had enough space for a years worth of toiletries.

the middle pocket has little separations for pens, phones, cameras etc as well as a zipped area and the actual pocket itself mean that this was a very good place to store important items as well as small things you don't want to lose.

the top pocket is fur lined and was easily able to store 2 sets of sunglasses in cases.

If you don't have the idea already.....this bag is really spacious!

The quality overall was superb, so much so that it isn't showing any damage despite the fact it was thrown about so much by me while I was travelling. Its still in such good condition that I was able to use it for a festival this weekend, where once again it was able to swallow everything I needed with ease.

Some bad points though,

While the pockets are great, only the big one has double zips...which is something I like to see on most pockets. especially when it comes to security, I like to be able to padlock my bad if necessary. the zips themselves also don't feel the most sturdy things ever, none of them broke for me but I was quite careful not to put them under any undue stress.

Another problem I personally found was that while the size of the rucksack is appreciated when needed, it must be said that the bag definitely looks very big. It protrudes quite far from your back and does look very large at all times. Even when it isn't full to capacity it can still look like a very large rucksack.

The straps are comfortable but not that padded, there were definitely days when I felt that the weight of the bag could have been made more bearable if the straps had been a little wider and more padded. I would also appreciated a 'belt' strap as you get with a lot of bags of this kind as well as the one that comes on the chest area, in order to help keep the bag steady.

Overall though, if you are looking for a solid, reliable rucksack that while carry just about anything you really can't go wrong with this one. It served me well for an entire year non stop and will continue to do so for a while I am sure.
on 16 February 2013
This is my second Dakine bag. My older one is still intact, albeit rather scruffy looking these days.

I wish that the larger front pocket had 2 zip pulls around it, but it's a minor annoyance. I also would like another tiny pocket at the front for bus tickets etc.

The bag is comfortable, though perhaps a bit wide at the shoulders than the previous one felt. It has plenty of room for me to fit groceries. I tend to use the internal pocket for magazines and books.

The front pocket is crammed full and the stitching seems stretched (I'll have to pare things down a little).

Overall, I'd heartily recommend this backpack.
on 3 March 2014
My son loves this bad. His previous bag did not last as the strap broke. This bag is very strong and with so much room it can take all books and P.E. Kit lunch etc. worth the investment.
on 17 March 2014
Comfy, well made and lots of space. Just a shame they sell them with strange inner lining (day glow yellow?). Still, use it all the time and not dissapointed at all.
on 7 January 2013
Recieved this product extremely quickly considering i ordered it around new years, took two days to come. Upon checking the bag i was first surprised at how large it was which was good as i will be using this to carry around a laptop and luggage during a trip abroad. The laptop compartment is padded and raised so the laptop wont get banged about, it also has quite a few handy pockets and soft pockets which i will be using for my camera and accessories, a unique feature is the handy little cooler compartment on the front that can hold about 2/3 bottles. The material is hardwearing and waterproof. The straps are a nice 's' shape so when worn the straps dont slip off your shoulders and it also has a clip to connect the straps for added security. Another thing to note is how light it feels when worn even when fully stocked with laptop, drinks and books. I wore this for a few hours with as much heavy stuff as i could find and my shoulders barely ached. I will be using this bag when i go travelling abroad and i have no doubt that it has been a very good buy.
on 3 December 2014
Great backpack that fits my 15" laptop and all my course notes. The front insulated pocket is a great size for lunch and seems to work well.
on 1 February 2013
My husband loves this backpack. Dakine are always well made. Great to find something colourful for men as most backpacks are dull. Could do with more smaller organisations pockets for things like pens though.
on 22 August 2014
Great- child proof and big enough for everything
on 16 July 2014
The best between 0-£50 and looks cool as well.