on 5 January 2013
This case comes in 2 versions - this one has a space for the Smart Cover. It fits easily, makes the iPad Mini more comfortable to hold and actually makes the whole thing work better. Very cheap and excellent product.
on 4 November 2014
I was on the hunt for a soft gel case that didn't have a hard back and this fitted my requirements. I've had hard plastic cases before and they tend to get really scratched in no time at all and they're not very impact resistant, so having something that was entirely 'gel' was important for me.

This case has got all the cut outs in the relevant spots for the iPad mini, plus the whole left side has a cut out so you can attach an Apple Smart Cover. This might be a worry if you're not using a smart cover as it does leave part of the bezel exposed, but not a problem for me personally.

The fit is good - loose enough to slip on and off but not so loose that it's likely to fall out during normal use.
review image review image review image
on 24 January 2013
For those with a smart cover, be sure to order the smart cover compatible version.

The case arrived quickly. It fits very easily and very well giving my ipad a good non-slip feel. I ordered clear and it's as translucent as the picture here shows. If it's a priority to be able to still see the apple on the back then this case won't let you down. A couple of reviewers mention that compatibility with the apple smart cover isn't good as the magnet doesn't work. Alongside their reviews it shows which version they purchased and it appears they didn't purchase the smart cover compatible version so it's no wonder. Mine works perfectly with the smart cover and I'd have no hesitation in buying more of these in future.
on 29 September 2014
Much tighter than the non Smart Cover version, and as such effected my screen cover, hence one star less than it would have been, but fast postage, very secure, greater design at the bottom of the device than the usual non Smart Cover version, the normal one is just a massive hole for the volume and speakers, so it gapes after a while, this one is strengthened, imensely so, very happy. Also easier to hit the volume buttons. In all very pleased. Bought to fit my new Belkin Keyboard.
on 30 January 2013
A brilliant product, I ordered the one which was suitable for the Smart Cover and it fits it perfectly! All ports were cut out in the right place with precision, would recommend this!
on 4 July 2014
I feel compelled to review this product in particular because it is nothing but perfection.

I bought it for the new iPad mini I got for my birthday and this complements the official apple smart cover and fits snuggly. You would have thought that it was supplied with the iPad mini as standard... I colour matched this to my black smart cover...

Please note that this is my 3rd iPad (I have the Original and iPad 2) and this is by far the best non intrusive skin I have ever had.
on 27 February 2015
It provides decent protection for the tablet. It's a little thicker than I imagined and be aware that whilst the Apple supplied Lightning cable will plug in through the hole, some other third party cables (e.g. Amazon) may not due to a larger plug-end. But this is more a problem with the cables rather than the cover. The same may apply to some headphone plugs. Overall, though, it's good value for the money.
on 2 April 2013
I'm so glad I bought this! It's perfect for the job, gives the iPad mini protection for the back, I was worried that I would scratch the silver backing and this works perfectly to cover the back as well as corners, without compromising the sleek design of the iPad which you can get with other cheap covers. What's great about it is it allows for the smart cover to be positioned on the side and it doesn't add any extra weight. It has cut outs for the headphones, camera, on/off switch, silent switch and for the lighting port and the speakers at the bottom. The volume buttons are covered however.
What's more is it doesn't break the bank! I don't know how it will preform over time, in terms of yellowing and dust collection, I have yet to take it out with me so have not stuffed it in a bag. But, so far, hasn't collected any from using round the house and fluff from the bed which you can get with some gel skins. I would definitely recommend this cover, I went for the clear one, as being a cover snob, I didn't want to compromise the look of the iPad.
on 24 October 2015
Fit is far too tight and won't work with a screen protector because of this, just forces them off. Ended up,having to cut screen protector down with scissors.

Is also not clear as advertised but some horrible mucky blurred shade of nothingness .
on 21 January 2015
Great gel case that protects the back and edges in a soft and durable way. Wraps perfectly around iPad mini 2 and allows for all ports and buttons. Smart Cover works great with this but could be improved by adding a slot to open it better.