Colour: Orange|Change
Price:£55.00 - £59.95

A couple of years ago I went to an outdoor evening concert and although the music was great the weather put a dampener on things - it was too windy to sit still and enjoy the event. I remember thinking that what I needed was some kind of shelter which could easily be carried and assembled, but which would still let me see what's going on. Well, here it is!

I bought this on a whim having had that previous experience but I have to say that I'm very glad that I did. Sizewise it's big enough to easily fit two seated adults in deckchairs, but still folds down and packs away into the supplied carry case within minutes and best of all it's light enough to carry without a struggle. It seems to be extremely well made with lots of thought going into the details - there are even straps on the sides to fasten the zipped fabric for the windows. It also has two lots of pegs and strings to secure it to the ground in the wind - in fact the only thing it might need that is not included would be a mallet.

I have since seen a cheaper version of this shelter from another manufacturer in a local store but the design was not up to the same standards, nor the attention to detail and I do not regret having paid that bit extra for this model. Originally I did have some reservations about how good this might be - especially since it had been an unplanned purchase, but they soon went when I'd saw how good this actually is. Excellent.
on 16 July 2013
We were planning a day out on the beach and with the weather the way it is I knew I would hate being in the sun all day, and end up wandering back to the car in a bit of a grump, so I knew I had to get some sort of shelter, but not the pop up tent kind which ends up being like a dry sauna!

I saw this and read the reviews about how good it is, it looked like a good product but was a little expensive so I did sleep on it, but decided to buy the next day. It arrived in a huge box which had me thinking I had made a bit of a mistake, but when we opened it we realised it wasn't as big as the box thankfullly! - I can safely say it's about 5 foot high, and comes in a little case which can be thrown over the shoulder really easily, we opened it up on the beach and it took about 2 minutes to set up, the spike comes out of the bottom which you stick into the ground, this is enough in light wind and guide ropes which are included, are not really needed.

It came with special pegs to peg it all in including the side panels, we used it all day, as a family of 5 with all our bits and bobs in and it never faltered, it was as sturdy when we took it down as it was when we put it up, and to be honest, without it, the day would have been awful!! - this is simply a great product and it had everyone staring at us, thinking where we bought this amazing thing from!

I love the side panels and tie down panels which make it more cosy to use, and if the beach is crowded you really feel you have your own private space, the spike is strong and it all seems well made.

Probably the purchase of the year so far for me, really recommend it for going out to the park, beach etc. Amazon as usual were brilliant.
on 5 August 2014
Bought for use as both a sunshade and a shelter from wind and rain.

Even though I had read previous reviews and the product details, I was still surprised by the open size of the umbrella. The size is an advantage when sheltering - we have found it very comfortable for two adults, but a disadvantage when storing. We had hoped to keep it in the boot of our car, but it is very slightly too long to fit across the car (so I advise checking dimensions, if that's what you have in mind!).

The umbrella is of reasonable quality and has no obvious manufacturing flaws. The pegs were a little oxidised when they arrived, but that doesn't impact upon their function - just a little annoying to have a non-pristeen new product.

In use, the umbrella seems very stable, though we haven't used it in strong wind. The shade generated, provided you align it with the sun appropriately, is generous.

I would recommend for use as a shelter on the beach or in the park, especially if you have children. It is quick to put up, relatively easy to carry, and provides reasonable coverage usable by adults and children alike.
on 30 November 2012
Easy to put up, only took a couple of minutes. Extremely sturdy even in windy conditions. We had a lot of admiring glances and a few comments. We thought it was a bit pricey (we paid £50) but on reflection it was worth every penny.
on 18 January 2013
We bought the shelter as a replacement for another shelter. We were slightly concerned that with the bench inside it would be a little too small, but it fits in 5, 9 year old footballers no problem on their bench and its waterproof!!!!!!!
on 20 October 2013
Athough the first Sort-Brella was danaged when receieved Amazon very quickly replaced it. The Killamarsh Dynamos Under 11s football team love it & all wanted to be sub so they could sit under it on the teams new bench.
on 27 July 2011
Bought one of these for a summer holiday last year and was really impressed with the design. Plenty of space underneath with the side sections and the guy ropes mean that its pretty stable in the wind.
on 26 September 2013
Bought this Sunbrella several months ago. Only used three times when a gust of wind completely blew the su nbrella inside out ripping the arms of the frame from the top centre pivot. It was not a very windy day so I am completely disappointed with product. It says it is wind proof but this proves a breeze will destroy. Be warned.
on 5 November 2015
Superb umbrella have used this all summer to keep the dog and myself sheltered from the sun when needed.
I thought it was expensive at the time but it's a good umbrella and really good quality
on 30 August 2013
But what I don't like is the fact that after only two uses there is a hole in it .
Waiting for instructions from supplier as to what they are going to do about it