5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
Can't comment on longevity as I got these for Christmas, but my initial thoughts are that these gloves are amazing. Our water supply comes straight from the burn and often the filter gets clogged. Today I had my hands submerged in the rushing burn for fifteen minutes, but my hands stayed dry and warm. The gloves also held little water and dried quickly.
Published 10 months ago by Mrs Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Cold
Published 9 months ago by Bollard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Cold, 14 Jan 2014
Bollard - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
*Updated 07Feb2014: As others have said, these are *not* warm gloves - which, when you think of it, rather defeats the purpose. The 'TouchFit' gloves actually make my hands feel colder, even when I tuck them inside my quilted jacket! That's why I bought the 'ThermFit' version, which boasts three layers instead of two. But ThermFit was no better - and my ThermFits weigh *less* (77g) than my TouchFits (84g). There's something odd going on here. Waterproof? Fair enough - but you expect gloves to keep your hands warm! I have ordered silk liners to try to make them warmer ... but in total I have spent so much that I should have bought a more expensive pair in the first place.

Why the poor thermal performance on TouchFit and ThermFit? Well, the outer layer is knitted: it lets the cold air in! It also catches aggressively on Velcro. The design of TouchFit and ThermFit cries out for a windproof outer; and proper insulation is needed on the ThermFit.

Build quality on both is OK. Sizing - a bit baggy around the palm, and they seem tight around my fingers. Reduced to 2 stars (TouchFit) and 3 stars (ThermFit) because if you want your hands to be warm as well as dry, you'll end up paying more.

1.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to love these gloves!, 18 Jan 2014
I saw all of the reviews and I thought that these sounded just perfect for me - I have waterproof clothing but not gloves, so I wanted them to complete my hiking gear.

The seller (Jackal Outdoors) was excellent and they arrived very quickly - unfortunately, the item was awful. First of all, they're extremely stiff - they reminded me of those hard washing up gloves if you know what I mean! They may have eased up with wearing, but by far the worst part was that the shape of them is like no human hand I've ever encountered!

The fingers are very tight, but the palm is huge so what happens is that it folds up as you close your hand, leaving a big baggy part around your little finger joint. Because the fingers are so tight, it starts to cut off the circulation which makes your hands colder, not warmer!

I did follow the instructions and measure my hand before purchasing (21cm) and I bought medium rather than large which would have been my instinctive choice. I can only really recommend these if you have massive palms and tiny thin fingers (but not too long as mine were right at the ends).

On the plus side, the wrist grips seemed nice and tight and I'd imagine they do keep out water as they're basically washing up gloves - sadly I didn't try it myself as I sent them back. Shame but I have to be honest, I wouldn't recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 29 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Do exactly what they say!, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Dexshell Touchfit Waterproof and Breathable Gloves (Misc.)
Bought these as tried a few rival competitor gloves and these fit and work perfectly. Warm, waterproof and snug, esp for me who have small wrists, so minimal gaps. I use them for cycling to work as excellent grips, cant go wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 2 Jun 2013
Mr. Neil Kendall (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dexshell Touchfit Waterproof and Breathable Gloves (Misc.)
Very impressive gloves, having bought several pairs in the past to only be disappointed later on. I thought I would give these a go.
Great product, they keep your hands very warm esp on those cold dog walking mornings.
They are waterproof too, not that water proof promise you get elsewhere and then they turn out to be shower proof. These are the real deal.
Would definitely recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof, but not warm, 24 Nov 2013
I have been looking for some time now for a waterproof glove, there are so many that claim to be water proof but the leak at the seams.
I got a large pair hoping I had made the right choice, as most other gloves I have are large, they were a bit of a snug fit, and the fingers were 10mm to long, they felt comfortable, but I soon found out they weren't that warm as the material they are made of is not that insulating, and the snug fit must reduce my circulation in my fingers a bit.

The seamless technology used in there manufacture certainly prevents the gloves from leaking, and these gloves are certainly waterproof, at last something that does what it says on the box.

The only improvement I would like is displaying better glove size dimensions, and possibly seeing a fleece lined pair developed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic gloves, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Dexshell Touchfit Waterproof and Breathable Gloves (Misc.)
I bought these gloves for my husband as he was sick of getting cold, wet hands while out fell running. Having tried other more expensive brands only to find they were neither waterproof nor warm I thought he could try these. He says they're great, fully waterproof and very warm even in the worst the Lake District can throw at you!! No seams in the fingers leaves no room for water to get in. Half the price, twice as good, I would recommend these for all outdoor activities from dog walking, mountain biking, fell walking etc. Top product 5 stars!

2.0 out of 5 stars Dry but Cold!, 10 May 2014
Firstly I suffer from cold hands and am out in the weather every day, dog walking. I thought that these gloves might be good with their extra grips.
Now, they are certainly waterproof and dry out well but are not very warm at all. They feel a little tight and long in the fingers, baggy in the palm and come high and tight on the wrist (over a wrist watch for example).
I keep them solely as a back up pair in the car now, in case I forgetfully leave home without other gloves.
I don't think I have ever given anything as little as 2 stars before but I cannot recommend these gloves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 7 April 2014
Excellent gloves, completely waterproof and perfect for outdoor training. Tough durable material with grips on palms. Would recommend. Well priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think these may actually live up to their claims, 6 Mar 2014
Have now owned the gloves for long enough to be able to comment. First thing to say is that they are genuinely waterproof. Plenty of opportunity to put this to the test and I have had no hint of dampness when wearing them, walking the dog and sitting, open to the elements, watching the rugby. They clearly breath well. Suffer from eczema and wearing anything on my hands is inclined to lead to troubles, but these have just been comfortable, warm and scratch-free. They are quite snug fitting, but this allows you to have some dexterity when wearing them, for the sort of fiddly jobs (doing up zips) that usually require de-gloving.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›