4.0 out of 5 stars Substantial Braces
Published on 30 May 2013 by derek mitchell

3.0 out of 5 stars the reason for only three stars
Have bought three pair now and so obviously I like the product. Comfortable and do what the advert says.
They also look good. For now.
Here's the problem and the reason for only 3 stars where I'd like to give five.
Published 16 months ago by jayd

4.0 out of 5 stars Substantial Braces, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Mens braces adjustable and elastic wide suspenders X shape with a very strong clips - Heavy duty (Luggage)
I am an overweight motorcyclist and was needing a substantial pair of braces to keep my motorbike leather trousers up onto my waist. I am a 44" waist and widest above the hips due to my belly. My leather trousers don't have belt loops and they expand after a while due to body heat, then to slip down due to their weight. These braces have more than adequate strength in the elastic to support the weight of my trousers and not uncomfortable due to the width of the straps. The only downside of these braces in view is the all metal claw teeth on the clamps which bite into the leather rather severely. If a nylon or plastic slip on guard had been provided they would have been more suitable for my purpose. To overcome this I have covered the teeth with strips of duct tape to protect the surface of the leather as they would soon have damaged the leather surface. ( A tip if biker's are considering buying these braces )

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 24 April 2013
This is the first time I have bought any braces. They are comfortable and can be worn all day. The clasps are strong and don't pop off. Straps are easy to adjust and the elastic stretches enough but not too much. Would recommend them. Good customer service too.

3.0 out of 5 stars the reason for only three stars, 10 Mar. 2014
They also look good. For now.
Here's the problem and the reason for only 3 stars where I'd like to give five.
Have only had these for a very short time. I think it might be the nature of the material they are made from, but they fray, if that's the correct word. The stitching on the suspenders and not even in an area of wear or rubbing, seem to be coming out, looks like loose threads but in fact is just the material slipping out of it's place. And no way to put it back. Ar first I thought it was just the black pair I bought but no. It's also starting to happen on the blue ones I bought. When I say recent btw, I mean only a matter of a couple of months. They shouldn't start to look frayed this soon surely. It might be the stitches in the back that holds the loops coming out. Who knows? I sure don't. But it's kept me from buying yet more, cos now I haven't a clue how long or how many of the stitches will hold.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 8 Jun. 2013
My very hard to please and overweight husband thinks these are great, especially clips that do not loosen and 'pop' off. These look as if they'll last a fair time. Many thanks..

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent braces, 21 May 2013
Ive bought several pairs
of brace

I've bought severa lpairs of braces recently but these are the best, with strong clips which work well!

s

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, strong but comfortable, 28 May 2013
Well made comfortable strong , and most of all , reliable. The clips are great, they hold your trousers without slipping off

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty Braces (Black), 17 May 2013
Excellent product for under £10. Just what I wanted. The are strong wide and comfortable. Perfect for work but also have a ribbed surface which is actually quite dressy, if you wanted them to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy duty braces for heavy duty trousers, 7 May 2013
Receiver the braces very quickly and put them to use straight away.

They are wider than most and the clips are man size. The problem with other, cheaper braces is that the clips come undone frequently and they tend to slip off the shoulders. These don't!

A really good set of braces that do just what you need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes practice and care, 27 Feb. 2015
Paul Machulec - See all my reviews
These are my first crack at braces; so I can only use comparisons to a belt and observations of their conduct. I knew anything elasticated could be dangerous, if they unclip or a similar event allows them to unleash their power, the eyes and head are the target,and it hurts. The chrome clips are reliable, as are the braces as a whole, The clasps seem a little bulky( they can gouge a bit when sitting) I think this could be part of the heavy duty build. They have alleviated a lot of pain from my hips which it why I tried them in the first place. However the upward thrust to my crotch and the resultant chafing were an initial drawback. I now carry an amount of change about in both pockets(for balance). There are perfectly good adjustable buckles for the length but once you have other garments on(its winter at the moment) more change is the answer. I have to warn that if this method of ballast has to be avoided by the more active wearer as a yo yo effect can be quit painful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best braces I have ever owned, 14 Oct. 2013
Really strong heavy duty braces. Have worn them for probably 15 photographic expeditions, so far. They have never let me or my trousers down, even once. Very pleased with them, indeed. When you are overweight, it is a job to keep your trousers up and can be embarrassing at times. So these braces are brilliant and leave me to carry on doing what I do best - take photographs.