Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 11 August 2013
Found it very hard to stay engaged with the story as I kept getting distracted by bad grammar and bad spelling. I had to re-read several pieces to try and ascertain what a sentence or paragraph meant.

Had I not been reading this digitally I would have probably ended up scrawling all over the book with red pen.
on 5 April 2013
Perfectly readable, though didn't deliver what the synopsis promised. The ending was very predictable. I expected a 'twist' after we learned that Camdon's father was a lawyer and Anna phoned Heidi to inform her that the police were communicating with Mickey's lawyer. I concluded that these two pieces of information were no 'coincidence' and that Camdon's father was, in fact, working for Mickey - suggesting subterfuge! Alas, no 'twist' was forthcoming...a wasted opportunity to give the storyline some clout. Also - and I know this will sound pedantic - but the proof reading was terrible! Grammar & spelling mistakes throughout! In summary, Jack Parker probably won't become one of my favourite authors (sorry).
on 20 March 2013
I liked this book, it kept me interested fro the first chapter to the end of the book. It was sad, the characters were intriguing.
on 14 June 2014
The storyline is pretty good but the worst experience, and I mean this most sincerely, is the absolutely abysmal spelling, grammar, misuse of words, phrases and word-shortening that I have had the misfortune to read to many a year.
There are numerous incorrect uses of grammar, word-shortening such as using your instead of you're, words used in the wrong context, using too instead of to and others too many to mention. This just goes to show that although spell-checker works the proofread needs to have a much clearer concept of grammatical structure (or, at the very least, use the grammar checker).
on 22 August 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, it was quite light hearted compared to my usual choice! Enjoyed the story but would have liked it more if I hadn't had to reread some of it due to spelling errors which changed the context of the story at times! Would definitely read more from Mr Parker tho!
on 20 July 2013
I'm not sure why the other reviews are so bad, sure there are a few grammatical and spelling mistakes but I don't think that should take away from a book, I personally loved it and would recommend if to anyone!! (Although it's definitely for teenagers!!) X
on 6 May 2015
The writing is pretty poor, and yet I couldn't help but get swept away by Heidi and her eventful life. She transforms from a selfish girl to a young woman you would be proud to call a friend. Not bad a read although I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it.
on 24 May 2013
A few very simple errors, spelling mistakes, grammar faults but other than that A very enjoyable free read . Would read author again if book has less errors as it was not a few mistakes towards the end at least every page
on 24 May 2013
Seems like an inexperienced author. It's definitely a holiday book that you can pick up and put down without losing track of the story. Needs to be proof read a lot better as there were a lot of spelling mistakes.uhh
on 28 October 2013
The story is fine but more suited for a teenage read than an adult one. And the grammar befits a teenage author too. The editor needs a different line of work. Or perhaps there was no editing!