Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 22 July 2014
I purchased 11 of these units for my outside driveway lights in May 2014 and 9 have completely or partially failed within a couple of months. Firstly I must say Amazon have been fantastic with regards to processing the returns which have been in 3 batches as well as crediting my account. Due to the high failure rate I am very dubious about the quality but however I have ordered 9 replacements from the suppler just in case it was simply a batch problem & not an overall quality issue.

I shall post another review after the 9 replacements have been tested for a extended period of time
on 2 November 2013
Very blue bright light. It is a bit bigger that the conventional bulb it replaced so check the size. Used it for an outside PIR controlled fitting.
on 6 July 2013
Bright, economical and about the same size as a 100 watt tungsten bulb it seems to be as bright as a 150 watt tungsten bulb. The light is a good daylight white colour, I estimate the colour temperature to be about 6000 degrees K, it takes a good photo. The light is easy to work in. I have been using ordinary energy saving bulbs for years, these are much better, the full power is instantly available, no warm up time
on 20 December 2013
I used this to replace a bulb in an outdoor light fitting. I'd tried both incandescent and halogen bulbs before but all blew quickly, probably because of the enclosed space and the damp.

I decided to try this and the price was very reasonable. The bulb gives a powerful very white light. It looks excellent so let's hope it lasts.
on 16 August 2013
A good replacement for the old back garden lights a lot more energy effective something we all need to think of these days
on 8 March 2014
I read some pretty damning reviews of the E27 13W white LED corn light bulb lamp prior to purchasing, but nothing daunted, I went ahead and ordered it anyway, reasoning that I could always send it back if it was faulty. When it and the 3-point Light Bulb Adapter with Switch arrived, I switched on, full of trepidation, expecting everything to either blow up or electrocute me because of others' criticisms of this lamp!

My fears were totally unfounded. Everything fits together nice and securely and all the LEDs shone true and bright. The bulb generates very little heat.

I've had it a week now and it's in constant use in conjunction with a nifty little 3-point Light Bulb Adapter with Switch that plugs straight into a mains socket as my main light source for sewing. (The fluorescent striplight in the kitchen has stopped working and I needed some form of substitute until I can fix the striplight.) The light the LED Corn light bulb gives off is an amazing whiteish/blueish colour and is incredibly bright, which is just what I want.

As a work light in a kitchen or elsewhere it's hard to beat. I've now ordered three more which I plan to take with me to the cottage I've rented in June, where there is only one, ceiling-mounted light in the kitchen. With this bulb and the BestOfferBuy UK Plug to E27 Light Bulb Adapter with Switch I will be able to set up additional light sources at eye level, without having to lug lamps and trailing cables on holiday.

(Incidentally, I have noticed that the Light Bulb Adapter with Switch is no longer available on Amazon. That, too, is such a clever and handy little invention. You can find them elsewhere on the internet. I've ordered three more of these, too.)

I can thoroughly recommend this lamp! Go ahead and get it!
on 12 December 2013
Good product. Energy efficient with instant light and no warm up time required. Give a good spread of light. Only downside is they were not very well packed & 1 was damaged and they are expensive However with a bit of glue I managed to put it back together & it's working fine but I didn't expect this on what is an expensive bulb. Didn't want to have to return it as they come from China & take ages to get here. Everyone who has seen them alight in the dark so far has been impressed. Because of the problem I have downrated it to 4 stars otherwise it would have been 5.
on 14 February 2014
Well, this is a very strange looking bulb, but if like me your trying to be environmentally friendly without replacing every light fitting, this is perfect and provides a very clear white light
on 8 March 2015
I have just arranged to return this item to Amazon for several reasons. 1 - The box does not carry any CE approved marking, so as far as I know this light should not even be on sale in the UK; 2 - the Edison screw mount was misaligned, so the light sat at an angle in the bulb holder; 3 - the light itself was a VERY bright and dazzling white, generated quite a bit of heat, and gave off a strong smell of burning plastic after a few minutes; and, from a packaging point of view 4 - it came in a box that was way too tight for the contents, carried absolutely no information on where it was made (though I suspect the Far East), and actually showed details of a different LED light to the one inside. All of which I find very worrying, and more than enough reason to say I would not take the risk of using this in my house.
on 15 September 2015
When I ordered this item I was under the impression that it was more or less unique. I see now that there is a family of bulbs of this general design.
So far I have one only and it is used only intermittently. I have found that it does the job asked of it very well, but, especially with the screw/bayonet converter it is really quite long overall and I rather despair of lamp shade designers who seem still to be impervious to this matter - just as they were with the very long fluorescent bulbs of some years ago. It is the difficulty in finding a suitable lampshade which loses one star for me.

I see that there is now a smaller unit delivering nearly as much light, using the same sort of LEDs as are used in outdoor floodlights. perhaps sadly I may end up preferring these....

See one answered question