Lovely collection of Burgon's work here which will surely stand the test of time. There are two versions of the Nunc Dmiittis which is interesting and a great selection of other pieces, beautifully delivered.
on 25 February 2014
nice choral music. to use a cliche--proper chillout music. nice and relaxing. however if i have a gripe--the nunc dmittis is NOT the original tv theme to tinker tailor soldier spy--although it is a good version.
on 11 February 2014
Yes when I first heard it on Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, when I was "younger" I was really taken by it as I am still. It is a going out piece for a Christian funeral.
on 16 May 2015
Perhaps a touch disappointing for folk with memories of "Smilie's People" wishing to revisit the "Nunc Dimittiis" - it's not as immediately engaging as I recalled; overall the music is good but, as you might expect from a modern composer, is not as impressive as that from earlier masters (Guillaume Dufay for example). Worth buying though...
on 10 May 2013
This is choral music at its best with the rendition of Nunc Dimitis so beautifully song by the Bath Cathedral choir trebles
on 1 February 2014
Had to buy the whole disc to get the track I wanted. I'm new to choral music - it's very relaxing but NOT habitforming
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse