on 22 April 2014
Brilliant! I loved it! Easy to follow and I lost half a stone in 3 weeks doing it 3 times a week.
on 21 February 2016
Firstly I need to admit that I bought jillian Michaels Kettle (JM) bell DVD followed by Raise some Bell (RSB) and finally Kettle bell for Beginners (KFB)So I think this'll be somewhat of a comparison review .

Also I have done Kettle bells since before they were huge in the uk, I always wanted a DVD and having recently decided to dust off my 16kg bell, a DVD seemed the best alternative to a class or on my own doing repetitive drills.

Let me first off say of all three this is my favourite . Firstly, the way the instructor explains and shows the moves is second to none. I felt Jillians was too quick and RSB a bit muddled. KFB The techniques focus is calmly professional and the friendly manner was really the highlight . The tropical backdrop was so relaxing. I would choose this style any day.

Next ,I thought the pace is amazing!! Let me explain, there is a tutorial which acts as a workout for first timers and great for returners. After a week, I went back to the tutorial to improve my technique as I know that I was guilty of banging the bell into my wrist. As a workout- not just a how to it is a welcomed approach.

Of all the three, RSB seemed to be the hardest without guidance and build up. She just launches into difficult moves and I was confused and disheartened maybe I'll return after KFB. About the latter, the best instruction and moves no question. It builds up slowly and at the right pace and you never feel lost. Even as you get better you maybe do more reps to challenge yourself . The best indicator is that I want more.

It's great that there are combo drills for beginners as you know what you can work up to. With JM the exercises are single sets moving from one to the other. That said they are different styles, I just preferred KFB.

There is an ab workout which I haven't done yet, but I am pretty sure I'll love it.

In summary of the three KFB is great for beginners and returners, great for technique and has enough to keep you going. The best part is after two weeks of every other day 3x a week, I've already noticed the difference and feel I can't wait for my next session
on 14 July 2014
I bought this for my girlfriend after she read an article about a Weight Watchers member who toned up using Kettlebells after losing a lot of weight. My GF is a big Jillian Michaels fan (30 Day Shred) and after buying a set of 'bells, she initially worked out to the Shred It With Weights workout on YouTube.
However my GF wanted a workout that was 100% Kettlebell and after reading a lot of reviews, she decided on this one. She has used it a few times a week since mid June and is still loving it. She gets so engrossed in it, she even chats to Paul while she's working out (hence the review title)! She likes the variety of the moves and thinks the intro is a really good lesson on perfect technique.
She started with a 3kg 'bell and is about to move onto a 4kg one now that she has mastered the moves. She only does the Drills and Combo section as she found the Core workout too hard (she says she couldn't do a set of crunches if her life depended on it!). But that's the beauty of this DVD, she can move on to this harder workout as she becomes stronger.
100% thumbs up from the GF for this DVD.
on 22 March 2014
He is very good & gets your heart thumping & your thighs working! Its set in a beautiful garden to
on 26 March 2013
Best Kettlebell DVD in terms of instruction. Easy to follow, plenty of moves to learn with modifications depending
on your level of fitness
I love it, 3 seperate workouts starting with a training workout first, explanations and tips are helpful and are given through all the workouts. My favourite is the core workout..do start off with a light weight first tho. enjoy.
I am new to kettlebell exercises but have a good level of fitness otherwise. I have been using this dvd for several weeks now and am a total convert. I am a female and started with 4kg kettlebells. I find they are too easy for the introduction workout, but just fine for the other 2 workouts. For that reason, I have now ordered an8kg kettlebell to use for the first set and hopefully progress to for the other two sets soon.

The DVD is well made. The instructor is cheerful and likeable, and manages to provide one of the best explanations on correct execution I have ever come across. He narrates continuously and draws attention to correct posture and common mistakes made. I find him non-irritating and upbeat. The workouts are filmed in outdoor area which is quite refreshing. All workouts are around 25-28 mins long which is exactly what I was looking for.

Do not be fooled that because the dvd title contains 'beginner' the exercises will not be challenging. The introductory workout is of slower pace, however the second and third workout are challenging in that they are basically sets of 15/30/60 secs reps with barely 10 secs of rest in-between.

I am finding this dvd to be extremely efficient. In the relatively short span of time I have been using it (combined with good diet), I have found an increase in strength, my arms and tights are leaning out, my abs are looking flatter, and I find myself looking forward to doing it again. I tend to use it 3 times a week to allow for proper recovery between workouts.

I know many women are still worried about using heavy weights when exercising, but it is such an effective way of achieving healthy, lean body. I really wish I had taken the plunge earlier and not bothered with the endless hours of cardio I used to do. Give it a go, you will not regret it.
11 comment|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 September 2014
This was a great guide for beginners with three simple routines.
on 31 May 2014
This kettle bell DVD was as discribed and a great help to the person I bought it for helped with a workout would recommend
on 17 September 2014
Good instruction on DVD. Ideal for beginner or someone relatively new to kettle bells. Instructional segment and 1 workout. Cold have been longer showing more different exercises. Good for home use