5.0 out of 5 stars living the expat dream
Published 17 months ago by vthorpe

3.0 out of 5 stars greece my palm with dreams
Not as good as the first (maybe Greek) issue that I bought in Greece in 1995, Although this is a bigger book some details, such as a headless chicken should have been omitted- I really did not want to read such detailed info. It was nowhere near as funny as the first issue which, back then, had me giggling with every page. Although good in part I was disappointed with it.
Published 12 months ago by ann

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars living the expat dream, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: Greece my palm with dreams (Kindle Edition)
I have to say I have many books about the expat dream in Greece but this is one of the best. I loved the way the author really draws you in to his life and experience making it feel as if the experience could be yours! We live in rural mainland Greece and many of the experiences and practices talked of still continue here so I could really relate to it all - please write some more, all the Greekophiles will love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant, and funny, book on life in Crete, 28 Jan 2013
Keith Buckley "K Buckley" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greece my palm with dreams (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book over the weekend and have read it through in practically one go. Michael Saunders captures perfectly what life on a Greek Island is like. It is in a slightly different style to his other book about village life, but is still a very enjoyable read. My wife and I have visited Crete several times, so we can visualise much of what he describes. I really hope this is the first of a series of such books by him about his ex-pat life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 July 2014
I really enjoyed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Greece my palm with dreams (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book, it's what me and my husband would love to do when we retire. Greece has always been one of our fav destinations.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Greece my palm with dreams (Kindle Edition)
Ive read a lot of travel books and this one is quite simply one of the better ones. I really enjoyed it, The author didnt set out to make the reader laugh... it just happened. Who in the right minds would buy a shell of a house and then try to do it up .. Greek style ?? Nothing but nothing gets done on time. you have to get used to the Greek attitude of " It can wait " and you will wait.

Its a big step deciding to move out to Crete with all your possessions , one a lot of us would fancy but will never do. We meet the characters who add to the authors life and the never ending lets have a drink to that moments!

I did feel the book ended sort of suddenly as if the author had ran out steam and put his pen down but for saying that its still a great read .

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Greece my palm with dreams (Kindle Edition)
A wonderful book which is part of a series, and unfortunately I think I have read a couple of them out of sequence, but they capture wonderfully how life really is on a Greek island. I was sucked into the sometimes comic, sometimes tragic events into which the main characters found themselves, and couldn't wait to read the next bit - in fact I read the whole book on a weekend. A really good read for any Grecophile.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Greece my palm with dreams (Kindle Edition)
I have read several books about people moving to Greece, this is one of the best. It reports the details ,facts and problems without bogging you down with unnecessary details. You get to know he village characters well, and some hilairious tales that had me laughing out loud. It gives a great insight into the greek way of life and personality. A great read in cold winter weather

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Greece my palm with dreams (Kindle Edition)
Have read many Living In Greece or Spain type books and this one is by far the best.I love Greece so could imagine the stories the author has written about.Tears streaming down my face at some of the antics the locals and author got up to.Did not want the book to end.BRILLIANT

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply Greek, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Greece my palm with dreams (Kindle Edition)
A well written and observant collection of tales about life in rural Greece.Easy to read -amusing in places and introduction to an assortment of Greek characters.

Very entertaining

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me laugh a lot!, 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: Greece my palm with dreams (Kindle Edition)
2nd attempt to read this book. 1st download led to many pages missing. After contacting Amazon I thought I would never get to finish the book. Recently I deleted the 1st download permanently and 're purchased. So glad I did. Michael's description of events with the locals left me laughing out loud.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Greece my palm with dreams
Greece my palm with dreams by MIchael Saunders