5.0 out of 5 stars icescream
Looked at most icecream makers of this sort and read all reviews associated to them all.
All have good reviews peppered with dissatisfied customers muttering bad service.
Plumped for this one as in my mind sounded good from company literature.
Bought as a wishlist pressi for my partner, she thinks it's wonderful and we have had different icecream every...
Published 2 months ago by NIGEL GRAY

1.0 out of 5 stars I scream !
Published 7 months ago by Bob

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (Kitchen & Home)
Bought for my daughter's birthday as she enjoying all aspects of cooking. So far it has made great ice cream, has easy to use instructions and looks good (except that the finish means that grubby finger prints are evident)

1.0 out of 5 stars I scream !, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this along with several ice cream related books as a Xmas prezzie for my teenage daughters who are studying food technology. I spent several hours reading reviews and comparing specifications. So Xmas day arrived and thankfully there was enough happening for them to get over the fact that the machine has to be left standing for 24 hours after moving so it was given pride of place on the kitchen worktop and there was excitement at the prospect of some super ice-cream for a family party the day after boxing day. The big day arrived and the girls got on with preparing the mix. In it went, and having followed the very simple instructions the machine bagan its (fairly noisy) routine. Initially they hovererd expecting to see the formation of ice-cream but as we got to 20 minutes then 30 minutes and the there was no sign of it thickening we thought we must have done something wrong. A double and triple check of the instructions and the ingredients suggested we had done everything right. "Just wait a bit longer" they were told. 45 mins came and excitement was turning into disappointment. Not a sign of an ice cystal. The mix was now warmer than it was when it went in the machine. A further two attempts were made at starting and going through the instructiuons but same result - warm runny liquid not ice cream. Arranged for a replacement which took two weeks and also notified the manufacturer via their website. Usual standard response without a modicum of concern. It took two weeks to get a replacemement but putting the disappointment behind us we once again picked some flavours to make. two batches of mix were made in readiness for some serious scoffing. Unbelievably the same fiasco ensued. Not the merest sign of any ice. This is more an I scream machine than an ice cream machine.

There is nothing you can get wrong in the procedure for using this device - I have read the instructions a hundred times - its a doddle. How can more than one machine have the same drastic fault and if two of them end up with the same buyer, how many more are out there waiting to dispoint other buyers. It would have been bad enough if it was bought for myself but when it is for a Xmas its worse and when its for kid's Xmas it is doubly bad. The manufacturer wants to collect this one and examine it but it is february tomorrow and my kids still havent got their xmas prezzie. Not that that seems to bother the manufacturer - their service and attitude leaves alot to be desired. Steer clear of cuisinart. I which I'd paid the little bit more and got the gaggia !

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the investment, 17 Sep 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (Kitchen & Home)
Fantastic product, easy to use and exciting to watch the ice cream develop through the window. It is large and takes up a fair bit of counter space but it's also sleek and attractive. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the purchase, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this for my mum thinking it would end up in a cupboard. How wrong I was. The ice cream is brilliant and she loves using it too. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very usefull, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (Kitchen & Home)
Easy to use and gorgeous ice cream will definitely be making more well worth the money looking forward to the summer months

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (Kitchen & Home)
Awesome icecream machine, love the fact no pre-freezing just make the base and turn. Good machine. Must have!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Works, 10 Sep 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (Kitchen & Home)
This one really worked - unlike the "put bowl in freezer type" we bought before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 Sep 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (Kitchen & Home)
Makes a bad sqeeking noise during churning. I'll try butter on the paddle housing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ice Cream Maker, 4 Aug 2014
Alasdair T. Kelman (Macae Brazil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (Kitchen & Home)
Nice machine is a bit noisy in operation but makes good ice cream quickly

3.0 out of 5 stars This review is not very helpful as I never used the item., 11 Sep 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (Kitchen & Home)
This rating is really not a reflection of the item as I never used it. When it arrived the delivery chap put it in my hall and when It came to move it I realised I couldn't lift it as it was too heavy.(Don't be put off in general because I am a pensioner and not very strong.) However, I thought it was a bit silly to keep an appliance that was going to necessitate a visit from a friend or neighbour whenever I wanted to move it so I sent it back.

Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker