5.0 out of 5 stars Too good to be true!
Owned the WSB500 V2 Portable, SoundWave SW50 and the Philips SBT50/00. Sent all these back and was considering the TECEVO S10 Portable and the HMDX HX-P230GYA-EU Jam. That was until I decided to give the KitSound PocketBoom a try and my God what sound!

Amazing!

Published 22 months ago by G. Sackey

3.0 out of 5 stars Completely Overrated! Do NOT be fooled by the name or other reviews
This isn't another silly review complaining that something doesn't work when really it's a fault of my own because I don't know how to set something up. The sound quality of this speaker is Completely Overrated by the description and user reviews. In addition to owning several high quality speakers I've also tried and tested several portable speakers just like this one...
Published 9 months ago by AJ

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good to be true!, 5 Jun. 2013
G. Sackey - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitSound PocketBoom XB (Extra Bass) Universal Rechargeable Bluetooth Portable Speaker Compatible with Smartphones, Tablets and MP3 Devices - Black (Electronics)

Amazing!

First out of the box I was a bit disappointed with the size, felt something so small wouldn't compare to the other three I'd already sent back. I was wrong... The base on this truly amazing.

I'm stopping here, keeping this one. Matter of fact I'll get another one, Just.

5.0 out of 5 stars exceeds all expectations, 8 Nov. 2013
The first factor that people need to consider with this speaker is the price point. You are paying sub-£30, which means all your expectations of audio from products £50 and above are out the window. It is really important that you consider this speaker within its price point, and compare it against similar speakers of this size.

If and when you do this, you will find that the KitSound PocketBoom XB exceeds every expectation.

I use it mostly in the kitchen when I am cooking. Being bluetooth, my phone can remain in my pocket and the speaker can be sat on my window shelf, meaning that the preparation area is kept as clear as possible. And because the PocketBoom XB has play controls on the front, I don't even need to touch my phone to skip through tracks (once paired for the first time obv).

The design is nice, it throws the sound upward and powers through the surface via a passive radiator. This means that you get full, omnidirectional audio. Good choice on finish with the gloss black plastic maintaining neutrality and ensuring it is going to go with your modern or traditional style living. Like most speakers of this kind the optimum volume level is around 90%, any variance upward from this does lead to some slight distortion: giving the common "tinny" sound that you might be used to hearing with small speakers at the top end.

The bottom of the speaker is quite sticky, you pull off a layer of film when opening it for the first time. I was a little confused by this as there are a couple of other speakers on the market like this with passive radiators that allow you to stick them to the wall, this is not one of those speakers. The reason for the sticky plate on the bottom is to stop it from moving around when at high volumes, and will not fall if you happen to brush it accidentally.

Its size is ideal for somebody on the move, and again its concurrent with the quality of the audio and the price point of this speaker. I can pop this in my bag or suitcase and it doesn't take up much room (at the most 5.5cm). As the charging is mini USB it also means that you can car charge it, again very handy for somebody out and about.

This is the bigger "extra bass" brother of the original KS PocketBoom, which again is incredibly impressive for its price. I'd highly recommending checking that one out too, its very slightly smaller but does lack the punch of the XB.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little speaker, 13 Jun. 2013
This speaker is absolutely brilliant, the sound is good, decent bass, easy to connect and battery lasts!
Only thing I wasn't expecting was it to be that small, was expecting about fist size but it's even smaller than that

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 21 Oct. 2013
Punches well above it's weight, size and price - great product.

Easy to set up and easy to operate.

Well done

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, 31 July 2013
Well what can you say, great sound for such a small device, does everything it says very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the money., 7 Dec. 2013
I guess this tiny box is good value for money and its certainly easy to set up and use. However the sound is rather muffled and tinny so hence only four stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough., 14 Sept. 2014
Very fast delivery.

Manage your expectations from a speaker that costs less than a DVD and you won't be disappointed. The sound quality is definitely an improvement over any tablet speakers and is loud enough for ambient or personal use.

The speaker itself is very small and can be easily concealed out if the way.

Bluetooth connection has so far been faultless. Sometimes my device won't connect. If this happens it's because another device that you have previously connected to it has automatically connected when in range. Try checking other devices aren't connected before throwing it in the bin.

Charges with any micro USB connection.

HANDY TIP: Put the speaker on a hollow box or similar (bigger the better) when in use. This gives a good solid bass and improves the sound dramatically.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small Package, Big Sound, 17 Nov. 2013
I bought this to have a small form speaker to use whilst I read or next to me in the kitchen when I am cooking. This fulfilled my requirements and for what it costs the versatility is priceless.

The boxing is very smartly designed, it gives the speaker the look that it is actually more expensive than it is.

The PocketBoom was smaller and lighter than I first expected but judging from the size of the box it is slightly misleading! The gloss of the casing is smooth but leaves your finger prints on the side with great ease! It would be nice if it came with a KitSound cloth to keep it clean or a handy bag? It was quick to charge for me 1hr on my Sammy charger which was a bonus, I then had some slight problems getting the bluetooth to pair so I switched it on and off and I got it to instantly pair up on the second attempt.

I saw that it is a pistonic speaker which means you can stick it onto any surface this is helped by the gummy base it has and it will produce a deep base so I stuck it onto my kitchen window and it did make the bass sound deeper and louder but I did worry a little when it slipped downwards after a couple of minutes of "Joyenergizer" kicking out the bass beats faster than this could handle it would seem! But no distortion effecting the high end which was good. I did put it to 100% volume and it started wheezing under the pressure so it performs best at 90% so keep that in mind when you crank it all the way up!

I then put it onto a wooden surface and I could feel the bass under my feet which I did not expect. Turning the volume down I put Ecotone on by Volbeat and it was crispy clear the sound produced was exceptional, not too loud that it would interrupt my reading but enough punch I could enjoy both at the same time. Overall this little speaker punches above it's weight and has enough resolve to reign it in when it is turned down for quieter reflection.

I give it 4 stars for it's overall exceptional sound, versatility to literally be stuck anywhere and play sound (glass surfaces are best) value for money! 5 stars if it came with a branded bag or cloth to keep it clean!

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, 2 Nov. 2013
S. Beale - See all my reviews
unbelievable quality for the price. birthday present for next week, tested it out with samsung tablet, bluetooth synchs immediately, muse 'starlight' sounds likes its coming from a £100+ system, bass quality & clarity is amazing from such a small unit. highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend to anyone!, 24 Oct. 2013
I have owned several mini speakers in recent years, none of which I have been entirely happy with. All are either ugly to look at, have a very poor battery life, or most importantly, produce a terrible sound. I have never used a Bluetooth speaker before so I thought I would give the Kitsound Pocketboom XB a chance. To be totally honest, I was not expecting much from such a small speaker, however, I thought given the reasonable price it was worth a go. I am totally shocked at how impressive this speaker is! It is incredibly easy to sync to your device, normally you need to read through the instructions several times, however this was a very easy process to follow. The speaker comes with a USB charger. The battery life of the speaker is very good; it lasts around 4-5 hours which is more than enough time for each use. There are limited buttons on the speaker which I like; it makes the design of the speaker very attractive. Each button is used for two purposes, cutting the number of buttons needed in half. The most important feature of this speaker is the amazing sound that such a small device can produce! I was completely in awe at how loud this speaker can go without the distortion that you would usually get with a poorer quality speaker. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone; it is everything that you would want in a portable rechargeable speaker.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›