4.0 out of 5 stars Very good works as described - see photo
Firstly I would have given this five stars if not for one small issue and that is the balance of the phone is altered, only a small point and I am sure one you would get used to if you were using it all the time.

Published 18 months ago by Trev-R

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but there's better.
This is an external battery pack which means you run down your normal battery then press the power button on the pack to discharge into your normal battery.
Basically you can run down your battery to 40%, turn on the pack and it'll charge back up to 100%.
Published 4 months ago by S Melia

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good works as described - see photo, 5 Jan 2013
Trev-R (Boston UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Build quality is excellent, this is a well built product with a quality feel to it. The phone slips in perfectly, there is absolutely no problem with fit and it comes out just as easily. It comes nicely packed in a solid clear plastic box and would make an excellent gift for a Galaxy S3 owner.

Does it work? Yes it works basically as described. I have uploaded a screenshot to the main photos of this item which shows the battery usage on my S3 over a 24 hour period. I charged both the battery and my phone to maximum and then started the test. I ran the phone on the battery and used the pack to boost the charge of the phone as it dropped. One of the boost charges was initiated when I went to bed with the WiFi and Data being left on so the phone could poll for email, social media updates and texts throughout the night. You will see from the image that once the phone got back to 100% charge it remained at 100% until I started using the phone again, I switched the pack off in the morning so the phone started running on its own battery again.

At the end of the 24 hour period and when the battery pack was all used up, I was left with an S3 with approximately 70% charge remaining on its internal battery. I would classify myself as a personal rather than business user of the phone, during the 24 hour period apart from sending and receiving about 30 texts it polled for email and refreshed my Facebook and Twitter account every 30 minutes. WiFi and Data were 'always on' In addition I used the phone to watch a 1 hour and a 1 hour 30 minute TV program though BBC Media Player, I also listened to radio 2 for a couple of hours through the BBC player. I ran a few of my favourite apps for about an hour in total and played Angry Birds for about 20 minutes.

Under normal circumstances I get about 18 hours out of my phone with similar use so getting 24hrs with a 70% residual charge impressed me.

The phone is obviously larger and heavier with the battery pack fitted but not to the point where it makes any real difference. I usually carry my phone in a Otter Box protective case Otterbox Defender Case for New Samsung Galaxy SIII - Boom which actually makes the phone larger than when this battery pack is fitted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 19 May 2013
J. Cheriyan "J" (London) - See all my reviews
Yes it's a little bulky (and can be a little annoying with certain headphones) but absolutely essential if like me you don't just use your phones for phone calls and texting.

I spend a not small amount of time commuting on public transport and have to admit to watching netflix on my way to work - without this battery I find myself needing a charge after four or five hours - the battery gets me comfortably through to the end of the day (and I'm a heavy user)

Plus...the kickstand just what I wanted - why don't all phones (or cases for that matter) include one. A word of warning the kickstand does seem a little flimsy (though mine hasn't broken or been bent) just something to be careful of.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good does the job, 16 Mar 2014
My Job requires me to do a lot of standing for alot of hours and with smart phones having terrible battery this is very useful to have and makes life easier especially as I use my phone very heavy for its music and internet which consumes alot of battery

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but there's better., 6 Mar 2014
S Melia (UK) - See all my reviews
The only downside is now you have to take your phone out to charge it, then charge the pack separately. I've had much more success with Samsung's own battery pack that despite being 'smaller' gave me more charge time than this pack did.

On average this pack allowed me to go from the standard battery life of 1 day to 1.5 days. The Samsung one pushed me to 2/2.5 days though so I'd go for that instead despite the higher price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 PowerBank External High Capacity (3200 mAh) Battery Power Pack Case / Cover (With Media Kick Stand) (White) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
If you are like my mum and you drain your phone battery regularly, then this is definitely the case for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
:-)

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea poor design, 30 Jun 2014
Fairly solid build - Works very well, not to large to use as a day to day case and the kick stand is very handy, however even after only charging it less the 5 times at my desk at work, the mini usb connector on the case has broken off, seems to be very weakly designed and now the case is no use any more.

Nice idea poor design.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 6 May 2014
I am going travelling and planning on taking my phone and as the battery struggles to last a day when using my camera. I wanted to get something to help and it works and last a few hours when fully charged. My only issue is charging the pack itself, as I can't charge the case to charge my phone at the same time. This would be ok but I will be limted to plug sockets so can't always charge both but otherwise very handy for days out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Chinese 'Powerbank' knock-off., 29 Mar 2014
Markus (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
The pictures are the 'Powerbank' brand, what I received clearly wasn't.
Plugged it in for the first time, it charged for about 40 minutes, got really hot around the usb port and then stopped working, hasn't worked since.
Cheap knock-off copy piece of junk.
Going back!

3.0 out of 5 stars powerbank, 8 Jan 2014
Works fine but does not give me a full charge if phone is below 30% I just press button to top up phone when it goes to around 80% work better the way

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›