4.0 out of 5 stars Very good works as described - see photo
Firstly I would have given this five stars if not for one small issue and that is the balance of the phone is altered, only a small point and I am sure one you would get used to if you were using it all the time.

Published on 5 Jan. 2013 by Trev-R

2.0 out of 5 stars not recommended at all
Not a fan of this item at all. Takes an age to charge and then when you do slip the phone in to give it a boost it runs so hot it is actually uncomfortable to hold....surely that can't be right.
If i had not binned the packaging i would have returned it....not recommended at all.
Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good works as described - see photo, 5 Jan. 2013
Trev-R (Boston UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Build quality is excellent, this is a well built product with a quality feel to it. The phone slips in perfectly, there is absolutely no problem with fit and it comes out just as easily. It comes nicely packed in a solid clear plastic box and would make an excellent gift for a Galaxy S3 owner.

Does it work? Yes it works basically as described. I have uploaded a screenshot to the main photos of this item which shows the battery usage on my S3 over a 24 hour period. I charged both the battery and my phone to maximum and then started the test. I ran the phone on the battery and used the pack to boost the charge of the phone as it dropped. One of the boost charges was initiated when I went to bed with the WiFi and Data being left on so the phone could poll for email, social media updates and texts throughout the night. You will see from the image that once the phone got back to 100% charge it remained at 100% until I started using the phone again, I switched the pack off in the morning so the phone started running on its own battery again.

At the end of the 24 hour period and when the battery pack was all used up, I was left with an S3 with approximately 70% charge remaining on its internal battery. I would classify myself as a personal rather than business user of the phone, during the 24 hour period apart from sending and receiving about 30 texts it polled for email and refreshed my Facebook and Twitter account every 30 minutes. WiFi and Data were 'always on' In addition I used the phone to watch a 1 hour and a 1 hour 30 minute TV program though BBC Media Player, I also listened to radio 2 for a couple of hours through the BBC player. I ran a few of my favourite apps for about an hour in total and played Angry Birds for about 20 minutes.

Under normal circumstances I get about 18 hours out of my phone with similar use so getting 24hrs with a 70% residual charge impressed me.

The phone is obviously larger and heavier with the battery pack fitted but not to the point where it makes any real difference. I usually carry my phone in a Otter Box protective case Otterbox Defender Case for New Samsung Galaxy SIII - Boom which actually makes the phone larger than when this battery pack is fitted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 19 May 2013
J. Cheriyan "J" (London) - See all my reviews
Yes it's a little bulky (and can be a little annoying with certain headphones) but absolutely essential if like me you don't just use your phones for phone calls and texting.

I spend a not small amount of time commuting on public transport and have to admit to watching netflix on my way to work - without this battery I find myself needing a charge after four or five hours - the battery gets me comfortably through to the end of the day (and I'm a heavy user)

Plus...the kickstand just what I wanted - why don't all phones (or cases for that matter) include one. A word of warning the kickstand does seem a little flimsy (though mine hasn't broken or been bent) just something to be careful of.

4.0 out of 5 stars It was ALMOST perfect, but there are a few things to mention., 21 Sept. 2014
I didn't know what to expect with this order as it was my very first Amazon purchase ! but I was pleasantly surprised by the build quality as I was expecting very flimsy plastic for the price. It has a nice rubber texture on the back and aesthetically doesn't change the phone by much apart from the thickness and weight. I have seen some reviews on here about the weight being an issue but personally I found it to be hardly noticeable.

Four things to mention about the product that are not shown in the product photos are that it has a flap type, flip cover that is attached to the case and that the photo of the packaging shows genuine "Samsung" & "Galaxy" text, where as I had "Sansung" on the box and have "GLAXY SIII" printed on the front of the flip cover. The openings for the power button and volume rocker on your phone can be a little obstructed also. There was no "AGadget screen protector" included either, minor niggles I know but worth mentioning.

Had a chance to test the pack today and had good results so far. I plugged my standard SIII charger into the power pack and left it to charge. I did not get any overheating issues whilst charging the pack as some buyers have reported and the pack took approx 2-3 hours to charge. Once again the pack was cool to the touch after the charging was complete. I charged my pack with the phone in the case with no issues and actually noted that both the pack and the phone were charging simultaneously. I ran my phone from 100% battery to around 32% (standard samsung battery) then I switched to the pack's power source which is done ny pressing the silver button to the bottom left of the device. The phone lit up and displayed the charging symbol as well as the four blue LED's lighting up on the pack. Four lights indicate the packs power level remaining, with all four indicating 100% three meaning 75% two meaning 50% and one indicating 25%.

There is no bleep or tone to notify you that the pack has run flat so the only way to tell is if there are no lights lit and your phone shows it is not charging anymore. It took around 1 hour 30 mins before the pack ran flat and reached 79% on my phones battery, but this was while running a game on the phone so I would assume that powering on the pack and leaving the phone to charge would yield a full 100% charge comfortably if started when your phone is around the 40% mark. Once again the case and phone only gave off normal levels of heat whilst the phone was charging from the pack alone.

Other things to note are that all camera and sound functions operate as normal with the pack attached. The little pull out stand on the rear of pack is a nice touch, if not a little flimsy. All in all, for the low price it was a good buy in my opinion and I shall return with an update after a few weeks of testing to see if it still holds up after repeated uses.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 PowerBank External High Capacity (3200 mAh) Battery Power Pack Case / Cover (With Media Kick Stand) (White) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
If you are like my mum and you drain your phone battery regularly, then this is definitely the case for you.

2.0 out of 5 stars not recommended at all, 21 July 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Chinese 'Powerbank' knock-off., 29 Mar. 2014
Markus (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
The pictures are the 'Powerbank' brand, what I received clearly wasn't.
Plugged it in for the first time, it charged for about 40 minutes, got really hot around the usb port and then stopped working, hasn't worked since.
Cheap knock-off copy piece of junk.
Going back!

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible to feel and look at, 14 Aug. 2014
horrible to feel and look at, also the lack of instructions meant i had to figure out how to even charge and use it, not impressed, also user refused to give me a refund so item went straight in the bin

3.0 out of 5 stars Not 3200mah, but good none the less, 15 Oct. 2014
Looks good, slightly larger than I was expecting.
This product is definitely not 3200mah... if phone is being used and charged then it charges it probably around 30% worth or so... so good and very useful just definitely NOT 3200MAH, I would probably get a battery bank instead and just deal with a cable (as well as a faster charge due to higher ampage, this only charges at 0.5a not 1amp or 2.1amp)

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional..., 11 Dec. 2014
Obviously that it makes the phone large and heavy, but you get an extra battery recharge with it. It's good for weekends out when you are not going to have much places to charge the phone. It does provide some basic protection.
The holder in the back is nice to put it standing and watch a movie. Good to place the phone it the correct position for kids to watch and don't touch.

2.0 out of 5 stars I am disappointed at the external power bank, 2 July 2015
This item is one of my worst nightmare. Delivery was prompt and the item had looked sophisticated. It only function for 3 and half week before it packed up. Before finally refusing to work, it would not hold charge. I am disappointed and would have returned it for a refund but I have to foot the return sending cost which makes no sense at all. The charging port was also broken.