on 30 December 2013
4 stars on price-performance.
It does what it is supposed to do and has been very useful over the past few months.
Picture is fine.
However, the remote is a failure as far as I am concerned because:
a. Short range of only a couple of meters even pointed direct at the receiver.
b. The remote for my Now TV box (AKA. Roku player) interferes with it.
So I press the 'up' button on the Roku remote and this changes the HDMI channel.
So I'll be looking for another switch but no real complaints on this one.
on 6 February 2013
This item is great as it has enabled all devices to be hooked up to the tv(sky hd, Xbox 360,ps3,blu ray). The remote idea is great so no fiddly switches or buttons. A must have!!
on 12 February 2014
I purchased this because i have a tv on a wall mounted bracket which displays the output from my youview box,raspberry pi with rasbmc installed my pc and an external dvd player.
this allow me to have only one hdmi cable running up the wall .raspberry pi users using cec remote controller please note this must go into hdmi input 1 as it does not work in any other socket
on 3 December 2013
Bought this for a customer who was having issues with a wall mounted TV and multiple cables going up the wall from sky, dvd and apple tv. Made his life much simpler to swap the sources, and also add more sources in the future. Device works well and no noticeable drop in quality.
on 17 May 2013
this is a great little product saves time and you dont have to get up an down to switch cables
on 19 September 2015
After asking questions before purchasing this item to ask if it restarts the xbox 360 when you swap connections and being told no it doesnt... it has arrived today

to my great joy all what i was told was incorrect, not only does it not keep the hdmi present signal active it also auto switches if it detects another device has been turned on...

so as a replacement to a smaller 3 port splitter with no power or remote it has not actually made any difference....

when you change to another hdmi channel ie i have it setup this way...

XBOX 360 hdmi into splitter
XBOX One hdmi into splitter
WII U hdmi into splitter
Output HDMI to capture card input
Output capture card to TV

So yeh its great because I can switch the channel that runs through the switch but every time i switch to view another consoles screen the xbox 360 resets because it has had the hdmi cable unplugged in its eyes because there isnt an active hdmi signal staying open to the xbox 360 from the input connection....

so after questioning this before purchase and being reassured that all would be fine im so pleased to find out that it does the same as the one i had before!!

and not only that to add to my annoyment i am now facing the same issue i had with the old splitter, that because the xbox one and wii u never actually fully turn off because they do background downloading and updating it means when ever the wii u or xbox one sparks its self up even for background activity *while they are turned off* it automatically swaps the channel from the xbox 360...

So mid way through a game what happens, the xbox one wakes it self up to update and woosh channel changed to xbox one (wouldnt mind if i could just switch back and carry on) but nooooo because it kills the hdmi signal the xbox 360 then proceeds to restart meaning that i lose any gameplay i was doing and god forbid this happened while the xbox 360 was doing a major update it would completely kill my xbox.....
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2014
This switcher is brilliant, it is not overly dear and it performs as it should. The only slight problem with the product is that sometimes the remote and the infared eye do not link up and change the channel so you have to go very close to change it. All in all however i think this product is very good and was delivered on time and in perfect condition.
on 5 September 2015
I've had several of these and none have worked correctly and this one is no different. The problem is that once it selects an input it sometimes doesn't want to select another and when this happens it just hangs... the buttons don't work and the remote control doesn't work and the fix is to pull the plugs and reconnect them...

I bought this for my elderly mother and as she has mobility problems she's not really up to bending down and fiddling with cables and that's what you have to do with this half working switch box.

I would say that I'm very disappointed with this product but as none of them seem to work I suppose I should say that I'm disappointed with them all.

Surely it can't be beyond modern technology to make one of these auto switch boxes that actually work reliably?
on 10 April 2014
I purchased this as I needed an extra input over my other 4 input switcher. I was also happy that as it didn't need to be plugged in, I'd free up a much needed spot on my plug extension. However, upon connecting my Sky box, PC, Wii U, DVD player and PS3, I found that the Sky box and PC won't switch over, automatically or manually. After much googling, I believe this has something to do with the lower power output through their hdmi, and that buying a 5v power adapter for the switcher will fix the problem.
The unit does switch fine through the other components though.
So, spend the extra, and get the powered version!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 October 2015
Arrived today, no instructions but since I am male I would have ignored them anyway! Dead easy to set up and hides away nicely due to its minute size. I purchased this item as I didn't want to use the front port on my tv and only have 3 hdmi ports on the back, this enables me to connect my Sky hd, blue ray player, DVD recorder, Amazon fire stick and media player and keep all the cables at the rear of the TV. The splitter comes with a power lead to be plugged into usb socket, there is one on the back of my sky hd box so sorted out without using another plug socket.
I'm only giving it four stars as its only its first day on the job, I'll see how it lasts!