5.0 out of 5 stars Foreign Deceit, A David Wolf Novel - My Review
Published on 20 Jan. 2013 by Paul

2.0 out of 5 stars well worth the money
Great characterisation. Flows well and keeps you interested right until the end. Would read more books by the author.
Didn't guess the culprit until last few pages before the reveal.
Published 20 months ago by May

5.0 out of 5 stars Foreign Deceit, A David Wolf Novel - My Review, 20 Jan. 2013
Paul (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Foreign Deceit (David Wolf Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
My friend tipped me off about this novel, from an aspiring new author, so decided to buy it. I must say how pleased I was with my download! I don't usually buy thriller type books, as I prefer to watch TV and Films to get my fix on this subject matter. The basic plot (not wishing to spoil for everyone)revolves around a country Colorado Cop who is ex Special Forces trained. Yes, it is a US book - but the plot should interest anyone, no matter which country they live in. He has to leave for Italy to deal with the death of his brother and is not happy with the facts surrounding the case.
The author writes in a highly descriptive manner, you really get to feel that you are actually in Italy and engaging with all the different characters emerging with the plot. The story goes along at quite a nice pace and you don't really have a clue as to the likely outcome (unlike many a TV drama!). The storyline is quite "gritty" in places - which is a good thing.
I thoroughly enjoyed my read of this new book.
Looking forward to the next one please!

4.0 out of 5 stars Foreign deceit, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Foreign Deceit (David Wolf Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A first read by this author for me. Thoroughly enjoyed. Fast moving, good story and interesting. Will definitely read another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 May 2013
Ms. E. Wood - See all my reviews
This review is from: Foreign Deceit (David Wolf Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed the book from the first page, twists and turns that kept me guessing til the end. Now plan to find more books by this author.

2.0 out of 5 stars well worth the money, 15 May 2013
This review is from: Foreign Deceit (David Wolf Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Didn't guess the culprit until last few pages before the reveal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Uneven, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Foreign Deceit (David Wolf Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is very uneven. It begins with a hugely detailed and lengthy description of a fight between two men in line for a sheriff's post, one of whom goes on to be the central figure in the novel, but the fight itself seems to have no bearing on all that follows. Then our hero lands in Italy and is surprised to find things are in Italian, meets (of course) a beautiful signorina, bullies his way around the Italian police force, and finally legs it back to his li'l ol' home town. It's all a bit naive, un-coordinated, un-motivated, unconvincing.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little jumpy at first but gets better, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Foreign Deceit (David Wolf Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The beginning of the book jumps around a lot and I wasn't sure if I was going to stick with it as it was pretty annoying. Once the character got to Italy the book settled down and then moved along at a nice pace and I'm glad I did stick with it as the book was good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 18 Jan. 2015
o.k.

Foreign Deceit (David Wolf Book 1)