VINE VOICEon 15 April 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a really good scanner which worked perfectly out of the box. Everything was easy to set up and intuitive to use and I was scanned bulk documents in no time. The sheet feeder worked perfectly and there were no skipped or double feed sheets. Highly recommended
on 20 March 2014
I am moving to store documents on modern separate disc drives and PDF is the best format. This device was so simple to install and worked instantly. It really shoots through the documents with amazing accuracy. Believe every good thing you read about it.
on 7 May 2014
fast and great quality. Easy to set up and works very well wifi, no problems with connecting to the computer. Actually if only you open the cover of the scanner it's automatically connecting to my laptop. Also the business card reader is absolutely great.
on 22 December 2015
Admittedly I've only just received this (despite wanting one for ages). It was easy to set up (on Mac) and the software is pretty intuitive. I scanned over 6 years worth of payslips in less than 5 minutes. I spent longer renaming the files (I then realised I would be quicker renaming them when the scanned image first opened up!). The unit is nice and compact, it's very quiet and has coped well with everything I've scanned so far (receipts, letters, payslips, some photos, etc). Once I get more familiar with what the unit and software can do I'm pretty sure I'll be boring everyone around me with my scanning successes.
on 11 October 2013
I use this device with a Mac to scan and organise my home office. Other than - it's perfect - I don't really know what else to say. It is incredibly fast, does both sides at once and never jams (or it hasn't so far) so what more could you want?
on 13 April 2016
I have had this scanner for over 2 years. I have scanned over a thousand items and can't fault it. It has only jammed when I have abused it and even then it was really easy to open up to clear the blockage. Ultra rapid. Works smoothly in wireless mode. Folds away to a very compact unit when not in use. I have cleared bookshelves of documents in ring back folders to my Nexus tablet, so the previous contents of the bookshelves can always be at hand's length. I use the excellent SynchMe app to synchronise the Nexus with a network hard drive but there are plenty of options to keep a copy of your data in a safe place.
on 24 September 2013
I am very pleased with this scanner. It is fast and easy to operate.
I purchased this to scan all my old photos and records to go paperless.
The only problem I have come across so far is that sometimes I would get a faint white line on my scanned photos. Think this is due to dust collected inside the scanner. I used my glasses cloth to wipe inside the scanner and the scanned photos are fine then.
The scanner is rather expansive for non commercial use but with the amount of time I have saved scanning large volumn of old documents and photos, I think it is worth it.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We used to own two filing trolleys, various filing drawers crammed full of paperwork and numerous lever-arch files on bookcases - and the attic contained even more plastic crates with archived material. If you are in anything like the same situation a Scansnap may similarly offer you a relatively easy route to a virtually paper free environment.

* Setting Up is very straight forward. The software needs to be loaded before the Scansnap is connected to the computer; this process took around 20 minutes and was completed without any snags.

* Build quality is good and it is a nice looking item to have on display on a desk; matt black exterior body with blue lit scanning button. Even when opened up ready to scan it uses up minimal desktop space.

* A large batch of documents can be scanned in one pass (the hopper will hold around 50 sheets) and is processed in less than 2 minutes. Things that have been stapled together benefit from having pages briefly fanned as that reduces the potential for misfeeds.

* When selected, it automatically senses double-sided documents amongst single sided and will scan both sides; you don't need to flip them over or pre-sort.

* You can opt for single sided scanning where you don't need to keep any information on the reverse of pages (e.g. bank statements, utility bills).

* It can automatically be set to scan in colour or black & white or you can opt for automatic colour detection; this means it will scan in B&W (which reduces file size) and only in colour when colour is present.

* It takes a few seconds from switching on to be ready to scan your first document.

* Scanning is very fast and efficient; the multi-page feeder rapidly processes paperwork and even bulky documents will be scanned and ready for filing in a very short period of time.

Summary

We gave away our filing trolleys and lever arch files as they were quickly emptied and those filing drawers are now used for other things.

A Scansnap makes the process of organising home and office paperwork an absolute doddle, turning it into a series of computer files that can be accessed in an instant, totally eliminating the need to spend several hours searching for an elusive piece of paper in the attic. My house is now more home than home-office.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
With previous ScanSnap machines, Fujitsu used to come up with different models for PC and Mac; with the iX500 functionality for both PC and Mac has been combined into one device. For Mac users, the downside is that the scanner is an un-Apple-like black colour. Furthermore, the software for Mac is more limited: Windows users get Adobe Acrobat X Standard, while Mac users don't. Quite why Mac users should be short-changed like this isn't clear, and such a thing even extends to the "Deluxe" version of the iX500 - the Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Deluxe A4, Duplex Wi-Fi Scanner - which includes a Windows-only version of the Rack2-Filer Smart virtual filing system.

Physically, the iX500 is an improvement over previous models. The front has an attractive illuminated panel, and the overall dimensions are still relatively compact - excellent for desktops where space is an issue. The device boasts USB 3.0 and a newly-developed dual core CPU: the so-called "GI" (American soldier anyone?) image processor. The Wi-Fi side is a bit of a let-down, only supporting scanning to Android and iOS mobile devices; though, having experienced endless trouble with wireless printing/scanning drivers since the advent of "Lion"/"Mountain Lion", it may be just as well that a physical connection to a Mac is essential.

Like previous models, the iX500's ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) is pretty flawless, effortlessly feeding in one differently-sized page after another. This doesn't extend to photographs, however. Fujitsu advises you to take special precautions when scanning photos, and warns they may still be damaged by the ADF. If you plan on scanning lots of photos you'd be better advised to go with a device that isn't sheet-fed. The iX500's scanning of multiple pages is fast, and its reproduction of detail is highly accurate. Scanning wirelessly to an iPad has gone without a hitch via the ScanSnap Connect Application, an app that's nice and minimalistic and easy to use.

The iX500 is a worthy successor to the S1500. It's compact, unobtrusive and works efficiently, well and truly taking the hassle out of digitising your documents. It's just a shame that the Wi-Fi side of things is limited to mobile devices, and that Fujitsu is unable to give Mac users equal treatment when it comes to software.
on 23 February 2016
Until I purchased this unit I never realized how backward a flatbed scanner was ok for the odd picture but if you need documents doing quickly both sides I could not recommend a better solution Great scanner quiet and fast.