5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, scans quickly to ipad 4, android, and other devices
The best piece of office equipment I own, without question. Scans to the ipad, android phones and PC trouble free. Easy setup, very intuitive. Manual, scarcely, needed, as its very intuitive to setup and operate. I have hundreds of pieces of paper across multiple files & with this, I'm now going to go paperless. It scans the documents quicker than you can load them. I...
Published 13 months ago by Mike

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not scan wirelessly to multiple machnies without a physical connection
The iX500 is a very good product, efficient and the scan quality is superb, however it's not the most user friendly and will NOT scan to multiple machines without you first connecting it via USB.

The scanner works by pairing itself with a single machine to allow it to connect to the scanner wirelessly. If you want to connect a second machine to the scanner via...
Published 5 days ago by KESaddler

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant scanner, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 A4, Duplex Wi-Fi Scanner (Office Product)
Quick, robust, easy to use. I've just scanned about 7000 double-sided A4 pages, which were a mix of printed sheets & hand written notes. No problem at all for my Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500. A brilliant piece of kit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 30 Aug 2013
I received 2 defective scanners from Amazon. The first one failed after scanning ~100 pages and the second unit put 2 lines (and creases) on every scan. I confirmed with Fujitsu support that the unit was defective. Amazon replaced them promptly with next-day shipping.

The third unit is working perfectly (so far). The product is clearly the best in its class. I just wish the quality control could be better handled at Fujitsu. I'll provide an update in a month or so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 24 April 2014
I have been wanting to go paperless since the '80s. Finally, with this wonderful little machine it's becoming a reality!

The footprint is tiny, so it sits on the desk comfortably. I would say that the scan speed is faster than quoted. It can take a mix of thick card and paper with no trouble. Using the carrier - a plastic cover to sandwich your documents (it comes with one, so you may not need to buy extra and I wish I hadn't as they are really expensive!) - I can scan all my expense receipts in seconds and even scan A3 documents. If sheets do get pulled through together (which, in my case, is due to the punched holes in the paper and some fairly ancient documents) then it is very intelligent and stops, prompting you to take appropriate action.

There are a variety of ways you can save documents (e.g. to Excel, Word, PDF, File etc). It also comes with a full copy of Adobe - which almost means the scanner is free! It does need to be connected to a 'master' machine but also has Wi-Fi capability in that you can use your phone or another machine connected to your Wi-Fi network to control it. You still have to load the documents, though!

A superb value for money package that I cannot praise highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant scanner, 26 Dec 2013
Purchased this as I have loads of documents to scan. I am technically competent but have no patience for things that require lengthy set up. This scanner was basically plug and play - really straightforward. The scanning is great. Does double or single sided. It has software to figure out whether a document is single or double sided and also to figure out which way up the pages are. It comes with some great software which means you can edit the pdf documents that have been created to make them perfect eg get rid of unwanted pages, merge pdfs, turn pages around etc. It is also quick to scan. I would recommend this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to truly keep my office paperless, 21 Nov 2013
This really is the best and most useful bit of kit in my office, its so quick, really high quality and so easy use - automatic duplex and the additional feeder thing to make even A3 scans seamless - brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars New Firmware enables Wifi to Mac, 15 Aug 2013
A. Schneider (London, England) - See all my reviews
This is a truly wonderful scanner. Easy to use and fast. My only complaint was, that it needed to be connected to my MacBook with a USB cable, although it has builtin WiFi. I just received a Firmware upgrade and to my delight the scanner can now be connected to the MacBook via WiFi. What was a 4.9 star scanner now deserves 5 stars. Superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought best ever home use scanner!, 13 Aug 2013
I would definitely recommend buying this scanner to anyone who is eager to sort out their entire hard copy documentation at home in pursuit to release some serious space taken by statements, receipts, certificates and many more other documents that were collected over the years which we are just so cautious to dispose in case of possible future need to refer to them... With this very user friendly and yet so compactly designed piece of scanning equipment this task becomes a walk in the park.
I am professionally using production scanners and software that requires licensing as well as deep knowledge of how to set up both to perform a data capture that nowadays companies are after. Fujitsu ScanSnap is hassle free, easy to install and ready to use as soon as taken out of the box.
Crisp clear images scanned in a very intuitive manners, user ingerence is reduced to absolute minimum, you get outstanding results every time in no time as speed is also included in a package.
Coupled with your own licence of Adobe Acrobat which opens another vast array of what you can do with all newly created PDF files.
Huge library of support on board in a form of tutorials and manuals. Very useful and well thought over!
Checked Wi-Fi scanning from smart devices (iPad & iPhone in my case) all works just beautifully, recently software was upgraded and now I put my USB cable in a drawer as scanning to PC is also done wirelessly. Great!
It has got many of other useful features like scanning of business cards, scanning to different outputs to name just a few.
Its size impressed me also as scanners which are able to scan fast, double sided and in colour tend to be rather big and heavier so hats off for developing scanner which looks so nit and quirky and is not taking up half of a desk space on on top of those produces top quality images. Small but mighty! That's how I describe my home scanning helper.
I would also recommend to all scanning users, do yourself a favour and back up your electronic library of records to an external media. Trust me it's safer that way, remember you aiming at paperless home, but what if something goes wrong with your PC?
All in all with my purchase of ScanSnap , could have not done better! Simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome scanner...., 17 Feb 2013
I have had this scanner for a couple of weeks and think that it is great.

I was just about to buy a Fujitsu S1500 when I could see that it had been replaced by the Fujitsu ix500.

The S1500 gets some great reviews on Amazon and was a little cheaper than the ix500 so I wasn't sure whether to go for the S1500 or the ix500. Because the ix500 was so new, there were no user reviews for it. The main differences between the ix500 and S1500 seem to be that the ix500 has a slightly faster scan rate and it also supports wireless scans to iOS devices. Neither of these enhancements really bother me too much. The ix500 is only slightly faster (than the S1500) when scanning. I have a couple of iOS device but haven't tried scanning to them via the wireless network since it's just not something I don't think I will ever need to do.

The main reason I chose the ix500 over the S1500 is that I want to keep the scanner for a good few years and hopefully there will be better support for the ix500 in years to come because it is a newer device (the S1500 was first available in 2007).

I'm using the scanner to scan 20 years worth of statements / correspondence / letters. Thousands of pages in total.

As has been pointed out by other reviews, the wireless scan only works to iOS devices but not to PCs on the wireless network. This isn't an issue for me since I only scan to one PC. I have it connected via the supplied USB cable to my Windows 7 PC.

The scanner seems reliable (so far). I have scanned a few thousand pages with only a few misfeeds. The software knows there has been a misfeed and tells you about it so that you have a chance to correct things. In my experience so far, misfeeds are generally due to tatty paper edges.

The scanner supports scanning to all sorts of applications that I have never heard of. I only scan my documents to pdf files. I make the pdf's searchable. The bundled Adobe Acrobat X is good. The Adobe software is only for Windows machines. Not sure what Mac users are supposed to do. I could see that there was a MAC version of the S1500 called the S1500M so perhaps there will be a Mac (ie more expensive) version of the ix500 at some point.

I like buying stuff from Amazon (because of their returns policy) but on this occasion I didn't buy from Amazon. I had been monitoring the price on Amazon and it kept going up and down (daily) and the supplier kept changing. I found that the scanner was cheaper elsewhere and Amazon wouldn't match the price. The company I bought from had some good reviews on trustpilot and were cheaper (10%) so I bought it from them instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mac operation still needs improvement, 12 Dec 2013
D. Evans (UK) - See all my reviews
I've had this for a few months now and have scanned in a couple of carrier bags full of historic paper in my bid to free myself of as much paper as I can. I am a big Evernote user, and after being paperless on my inbound post for nearly 2 years with a Doxie Go felt it was time to get something faster to complement it.

Scansnaps get great reviews and I was attracted to this for the wireless scanning so I didn't have to keep it connected to the Mac.

Setup went OK and initially I was blown away by the speed of getting bulk amounts of paper into Evernote. As others have written it's a shame it can't rely on the inbuilt Apple software, but I've found it to be OK. 6 stars out of 5, I was very happy.

Then out came Mavericks. I emailed Fujitsu to ask about compatibility and got a rather badly worded response telling me that there were some incompatibilities and a software upgrade was required. Fair enough. Unfortunately it wasn't as smooth as this, and I was without wireless scanning for two or three weeks. Technical support was dreadful, possibly one of the worst experiences I've ever had, having emails being sent from both Germany and the UK by different people telling me to do different things. In the end I solved my initial problem myself through a lot of trial and error.

It's now working OK, but is so much slower than it was. I'm not sure whether this is Evernote, the Fujitsu software or a combination of both. I suspect it's software related as hooking it up to a windows 7 laptop was far quicker (yet the laptop is of a slower spec than the mac air).

I still think the hardware is excellent; simple operation and I've had probably two jams in the many sheets that have gone through it, but the Mac side coupled with poor customer support is disappointing. I certainly couldn't recommend this to family who aren't computer savvy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Unbelievable! Best In Class, 21 April 2013
C. Webb - See all my reviews
It takes a lot to impress me, but this scanner is amazing. It scans so fast and at exceptional quality. I bought two of them, one for home and one for work
You can stuff in 30 odd pages and it scans all of them, double sided in less than a minute.
Any blank pages it ignores
You can muddle up all sorts of sizes in the same batch e.g. postcards & A4
It senses what is colour & what is B & W
A simple right mouse click/settings and you can change from a PDF file to individual jpg's and scan quality from 150 dpi to 1200 dpi

I don't often recommend anything to this extent but I do with this. Can't fault it

THIS IS IN ANSWER TO A COUPLE OF NEGATIVE REVIEWS

I can't understand any negative reviews. I have one of these at home and 10 (yes 10) at work (I have a marketing agency) 50% on Macs and 50% on PC's, it is a truly amazing piece of kit. The software is so, so easy to use. Right mouse click - 1. Choose quality of scan 2. Choose PDF or JPG, then 3. Simplex scan (one sided) or Duplex scan both sides. We have scanned literally thousands and thousands of pages of every size imaginable A4, A5, Legal, Business Cards etc, you name it AND if you want all at the same time (yes you can stack assorted sizes in and it scans the lot) It ignores blank pages. I honestly cannot fault it. In case you think I work for Fujitsu, I don't. I was at the Mobile World Congress last year in Barcelona, Fujitsu had a stand with this and some other futuristic stuff on it, I liked what I saw and bought one when I came back. Loved it so much bought loads for the office and now get my staff to scan everything (we are attempting a paper free office - long way to go!)

Footnote. A couple of people have said it only scans A4. It doesn't. It scans any size 'up to A4/legal'

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›