5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Disco Recharge release!
I honestly don't know why the customer in the other review is complaining about the sound quality of this latest Disco Recharge release. I have a pair of well trained ears and in my opinion there's nothing wrong with this disc.
Published 13 months ago by F.A.J. Teuns

2.0 out of 5 stars Headin' for disappointment
This the worst remaster ever! The sound quality is so poor, that's almost impossible to hear. Very surprised, because all of Disco Recharges CDs have been so good! Only good thing is it's the only CD I've ever seen of Southern Exposure.
Published 13 months ago by Steven R. Smiss

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Disco Recharge release!, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Disco Recharge: On Such A Winters Day/Headin South (Audio CD)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Medley for each Disco Recharge album please Mr. Pinks!!!, 3 Jun 2013
moogboy (London, England) - See all my reviews
Firstly I want to say that I have experienced no problems with the sound quality of these CDs that the other reviewer has had.

The 2 albums in this set were new to me (the only track I already had was 'Flight From Versailles' which was included on Disco Discharge: Mondo Disco ), but I have loved the productions of Willi Morrison & Ian Guenther since I bought 'Jealous Love' by Hazell Dean, back in the 80s.

The first CD I did find a little bit of a let down. It has a slightly tacky, lounge style of disco, if you are familiar with Kai Warner's or Geoff Love's disco albums in the mid 70s then, you'll get the idea.
The title track and 'Flight from Versailles' are definately the best of the bunch for me, the other tracks are ok, but I cannot imagine I'll be listening to them that often, one track in particular, 'Let's Go Boating', I personally find really irritating with its James Last sounding brass section.

However all is not lost, for the second CD is worth the price of both. 'Heading South' is a fantastic album, 4 great songs, all long versions and all of them vocal tracks as well, with gorgeous, big, lush orchestral arrangements.
The title track and 'Love is' are typical big disco numbers, great peak hour dancefloor fillers. 'Love is' has become a particular favourite of mine. I especially love the beautiful sweeping strings, and at nearly 12 minutes long there are plenty of exciting breaks and percusion sections included in there.
'On Our Way' is a much slower track, not as immediate as the other 3 songs (I like high beats per minute not ballads) but nice in its own way, still with great brass and sweeping orchestral strings, and I have grown to like this track after initially writing it off as too slow for my tastes.
I even like the final song 'Tight Pants' which is a fun, jokey number, very much in the style of 'Baby Face' by 'Wing & A Prayer Fife & Drum Corps' disco hit of 1976. It could even have been an end of show number from 'The Muppet Show', but somehow manages to be on the good side of "novelty record", and still very danceable.

My only criticism is that there has been a newly crafted (and very well made) medley of tracks from the Grand Tour album on CD 1, which I've listened to more than the album itself, but no medley for this album on CD 2, and there was enough room to include one. Personally I'd like a medley for each album in the Disco Recharge series please!

If you are familiar with the Disco Discharge & Disco Recharge series, then you wont need me to tell you, this CD is styled and packaged to perfection, each release looks wonderful, and the booklets never disappoint, with plenty of background information on the producers, musicians and original releases, that keep dance music anorak nerds like me happy.
Hopefully we will see more Willi Morrison & Ian Guenther productions in the series, with the Duncan Sisters 2 albums and the 'Sticky Fingers' albums all desperately needing to be 'Disco Recharged'

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 April 2014
Perfect, I waited for this record since 1977. Launched in Brazil was not even on LP or CD. I'm very Happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars CD, 13 Nov 2013
What can I say it just get better each one they bring out love the full 12" tracks, 10 out of 10 again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks Disco Recharge!, 11 Aug 2013
Adam Bengtsson (Sweden) - See all my reviews
Disco Recharge have done some wonderful CDs lately.
This is one(two actually)! Great sounds with lots of horns, strings, vocals, choirs and handclaps. This is how real disco sounds!
I love it, can listen to it all through and relax or dance :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Disco old and new stuff, 24 July 2013
disco of the best quality for me its something new ,i am a disco fan and like to discover lot of old stuff

2.0 out of 5 stars Headin' for disappointment, 22 May 2013

Disco Recharge: On Such A Winters Day/Headin South
Disco Recharge: On Such A Winters Day/Headin South by Grand Tour / Southern Exposure (Audio CD - 2013)